1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Peterborough v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 24, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Terrys revenge

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

View from the enemy.

2. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Good for 10 minutes oh the trauma that brings from 19/20

3. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I feel for Smith really. He's only ever gotten a chance as a last resort and the few mins he has got he's done okay. He gets into goalscoring positions really well but just hasn't been able to finish them. We signed him a year or 2 too early really, he needed another year at least in L1 playing regularly for a half decent side.

From what we've seen so far, I don't think there's much between him and Forss in the style/formation we currently play.

4. NewcastleTiger

Forss hasn’t had the service Smith has had in any games he’s played in so far.

I like the bite he has though helps him hold the ball up fairly well considering his size. Hope he comes good after most likely a year in League 1 next season or he gets a run in the side now.

5. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I don't buy the argument that Forss hasn't had the service, he's missed good chances in pretty much every game he's played for us. We don't create a lot and the strikers are feeding off scraps but that's pretty constant. Smith's movement is very underrated, he just needs to settle down a bit.

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

This is exactly my impression, from what I have seen so far, there is not much difference between the 2 of them. Generally, this being the case you would play your own player rather than a loan, but not sure whether we have guaranteed Brentford that he will play regularly? Of the 2 so far I would favour Smith, as he gives us more energy.

GLP likes this.
  7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

That was my first impression when he came on, he looked a bit leaner.

8. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Big, small, overweight or what he certainly needs to improve on this seasons performances to date if he has any remote possibility of staying with us. He did pass once though so there is an improvement straight away.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  9. NewcastleTiger

I’d activate the year option regardless, there’s a few desperate fallen giants in LG1 who’d overpay for him.

Evington likes this.
  10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I’ve re watched the highlights a few times now. I’d persist with Tyler Smith, he got into some really good positions, on another day he could have had a hat trick - far better than anything Forss has done to date. Fleming down that left side is an absolute revelation.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Take this with a huge pinch of salt since it's very general and obviously the number of games played should be taken into consideration; but WhoScored calculate Fleming as statistically the third best player in the division this season.

Screenshot_20220228-124120.jpg

12. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

The identity of the player at #2 doesn’t lend this analysis a great deal of weight.

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

As I said, huge pinch of salt. Hector's played 3 games all season, but then Fleming has only played 8, so obviously both are questionable inclusions and would be filtered out if you were using this data for anything meaningful, but it does show that Brandon's played very well.

AlRawdah and GLP like this.
  14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The amount of times Fleming has delivered really good quality crosses into the box is absolutely incredible.

PLT and NewcastleTiger like this.
  15. NewcastleTiger

I still remember the one he put in for pre season few years back against Lincoln Red Imps or something from him to KLP I think it was. His delivery is so consistent and so hard to defend against. Be a few premier league teams aware of him.

GLP and Evington like this.
  16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Fleming is easily as good as Robertson was when he was with us.

17. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Not sure he'll develop / go as far as Robertson, but he does remind me a lot of him.
    I like the way he manages to press his opposite number, nicks the ball of them then bombs forward.
    He had an absolute stinker v Barnsley, as did just about everyone else, but other than that, he's been v impressive.
    I agree with the comment that PL clubs are likely now to be aware of him. KLP, Greaves, Fleming all likely to be in demand in summer. Quite a task ahead keeping hold of them.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  18. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

I thought same thing - he definitely looked like he was overweight earlier in the season. IF Shota is a better coach than GM (to be proven, but I think he will be), will be really interesting to see if he can make Wilks a better player. I always felt GM didn't appear to work on his weaknesses - but then I suspect he's maybe a complicated lad?

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  19. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I too thought the same.
    But, rather than him having been overweight, I think it was more likely he had bulked up too much. During those latter games under McCann he also seemed to concentrate more on using his strength to hold players off than use his skill and speed. Hopefully now leaner, sharper, hungrier (metaphorically) he can get back to his best.

highpeak tiger likes this.
  20. NewcastleTiger

He was certainly looking to pass first on Saturday which made a change. He already seems to be working wonders with KLP, he didn’t really seem capable of beating a man as regularly as he is showing now.