1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 7, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Draw

3. Dramas

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I remember allahyar coming on at think it was Wigan last season. He had been out a while injured. Presumably he was now fit but i couldn't believe how poor he had become. He definately needs to go out on loan somewhere and rediscover himself

2. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

I don’t think allayhar has looked like he’s good enough, he may argue he hasn’t had a decent run or in his favoured position. I’m not even sure what that is

3. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

his best game was oddly at left wing back against Coventry or Norwich last year if memory serves

dennisboothstash and askewshair like this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Odd, but ok.

5. SydneyTiger14

Which games in particular? By my reckoning he's played there against Leicester, Ipswich, Plymouth, and Preston. Not a huge sample is it but don't think he stood out in any of those. I think outside of a small purple patch to end the season he's underwhelmed massively as a signing. Almost everyone signed that summer has.

It's a crude way to analyse performances, but WhoScored has his best games as:

Stoke (played up top, so I suppose could be considered central)
    Milwall (played LW)
    Sheff Weds (played RW)
    Preston (a distant 4th, where he played as a holding mid)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  6. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

"I like this team, I wouldn't change anyone, but we need to be more clinical"

=

I don’t like this team, I would change at least half the team because most aren’t good enough to be promoted

7. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I can’t remember what I had for lunch, never mind what an individual player did in individual games, but I certainly remember thinking he’d played well in several games when central.

He came third in the MOTM vote against Preston, so he certainly played well in that one, even if I don’t specifically remember it. <laugh>

9. SydneyTiger14

Yeah just added some stats to my post (although ratings as stats are always so debatable), but Preston seems a conclusive one where he did well. Issue being he played alongside Seri because Morton was injured, rather than in the more advanced role replacing Twine (which incidentally is the role he played against both Ipswich and Plymouth in two of his worst performances of the season).

If he wasn't going to AFCON it'd be a good chance to play there with Morton but think it's not going to be seen all too often.

In fact since this discussion started with the proposal he should have started in Twine's position, looking at his ratings in every game where he has done just that he has been incredibly poor. It's when he's played deeper he's done better.

10. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I was just watching MOTD2 and James Ward-Prowse took a free kick about 35 yards out against Fulham. There was one man in the wall. The very hard shot was on target and the wall guy moved out of the way!

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Begovic in the Championship Team of the Week.

petersaxton likes this.
  12. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

His frustration was obvious and 'like' will not achieve the owners ambition. I didn't believe him either.

13. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

He's supposed to being paid about £32,500 a week at QPR

14. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

As a manager, there's what you would really like to say and then there's what you do actually choose to say.
    Often the third option of not saying anything is best, then at least that way you don't just spout absolute stupid bollox that nobody believes anyway.

(not saying he literally shouldn't say anything at all, that would be even more stupid, but meaning for example he should just have said 'we need to be more clinical'.).

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I wish him nothing but the best, he’s a good footballer and he’ll have a good career, he just wasn’t suited to our league.

In other news, five players have just been deregistered by Besiktas. If I was Acun, I’d be in for Rosier and Onana (not the keeper…).

highpeak tiger and Howdentiger2 like this.
  16. SydneyTiger14

The 50% sell on is a concern too. I hope it's just on the profit not the total sales price or we'll get nothing back for him..

17. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

He was more effective against Leicester played centrally, but part of that may have been Delap playing on the wing. Overall, like Tufan, he's often promised much and delivered not so much, although Tufan did have his purple patch at the beginning of this season.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.