1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Man Named Brix

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, May 16, 2013.

1. junction8spurs

junction8spurs Active Member

Very sad news.

R.I.P BrixtonR

2. HoopyD

HoopyD Member

My thoughts and love are with BrixtonR's family.

I never met the man named BrixtonR but just from his posts I could tell what a thoroughly likeable man he was.
    He was ever present, always produced articulate points and was always a friendly voice willing to engage in debate.

The world and our forum will be lesser of a place without him.

Rest in peace fellow R <rose>

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Sorry to hear this. Really sad.

4. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Condolences to Brixton's family and friends.

RIP Brix

5. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Deepest sympathy to Brix's family and friends.<rose>

6. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

After reading this, I needed a while to consider my response, because it's left me kinda numb. Having been a member since the early days, I've seen arguements flare up over everything and nothing, and I've seen the vitriol that passes for 'normal' on other boards. This board has been a haven for sense, decency, proper discussion, and gennerally light hearted banter, between fans joined in frustration for the mixed fortunes of their club. We've seen the Tango and Cash takeover, the 'Four Year Plan', the turnstile installed outside the manager's office, the joys of promotion, the amazing relief at surviving last season, and the disappointments of this year. The main reason that we all come back here day after day to talk about how we'd do things better, or argue about when Taarabt will finally prove his doubters right/wrong, has been the way that Brix handled us all on this board. He set out the foundations for a happy, respectful board, and we are all here today because of his tireless work in the background, often putting his own thoughts and passion for the club aside in the interests of the board we all love.

Brix, if you can see this where you are now - thanks, mate. Thanks for the times you listened when we all spouted off. Thanks for the times we needed a slap on the wrist, or a kick up the arse. Thanks for the common sense, the honesty, the level-headedness that you brought to the role of Moderator every single day. And most of all, thanks for the kind messages of support you gave when I needed them.

Deon, your dad was one of the good guys. I know you already know that, but from someone you don't know and who never met your dad in person, understand that I (like everyone else here) thought of him as a friend. My sympathy, prayers and thoughts are for you and your family. Take care, and stay strong - just like your old man.

Paul (a.k.a West London Willy)

7. ClonmanyHoop

ClonmanyHoop Member

Very sad news. Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.
    Don't post much on here but pop in to read the threads now and then, BrixtonR seemed a very balanced poster and asserted control with a lovely touch.

R. I. P. BrixtonR

8. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

very sad, sorry for your loss...

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

10. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

WOW. I just can&#8217;t believe this awful news. I have a terrible pain in my chest at the moment. It all so surreal. Just hard to fathom and make any sense of.

Having worked with Dave as a Mod for the last year and a half, I got to know the man pretty well. He was a true gentleman, with blue and white blood flooding through his veins. I also had the pleasure of meeting him last year and could not get over how unassuming he was. He preferred to listen rather than talk but behind his soft exterior, he was as sharp as a razor.

When he first asked me to be a Mod, I was nervous as hell. After only five months on the board, I already knew the standing he had on here. My fears were unfounded, as Dave turned out to be fantastic to work with. His mantra was always &#8216;firm but fair&#8217;. He was gifted with words and had a great way of making you think you and your ideas were important.

He loved this board. It seemed to energise him. He saw it and all the characters here as a challenge. It was like a game of chess to him. Always thinking a few moves ahead.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I had a gut feeling that something was wrong a few weeks ago. I sent him a PM highlighting my concerns, at what I saw as being slightly unusual posting for him. Something he said led me to ask him about his health, but he brushed off my concerns. When I decided to step down as a Mod a few weeks ago, I noticed that he had taken my advice and appointed two new Mods in Matt and 999s. His intention was to allow his two new Lieutenants to cut their teeth, while he slipped into the shadows. He always had the best interests of this board at heart. Despite what some on here believed, he would have introduced a sub-forum for our more eccentric members if the site owner had agreed.

I will miss him terribly. Dean, if you are reading this mate, please know how highly we all thought of your dad. He was an absolute gent who gave so much of his time for this board. I&#8217;m so gutted for you and your mum Pat. I will pray for you all. I don&#8217;t think I will ever come on this board again without thinking of him. God help the man above. He&#8217;d better have great future plans for our beloved Hoops, or Dave will sort him out quick smart.

God bless
    Alan

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family r.i.p Brix.

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

My condolences to you all

R.I.P.

13. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I would like to join this long list and offer condolonces on the loss of your Dad.

Always remember the good times.

14. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Firstly my thoughts go to Daves family - my sincere condolences at such a difficult time.

Totally blown away by this. As someone who only posts now and then, but reads often, Brix could always be seen as a well respected man and dedicated 'R'. He will be a great loss in so many ways, to so many people - that alone tells the measure of the man. God bless - keep looking down every Saturday, we will be carrying on the banner.
    The soap opera that is the Rs will go on, but it will be missing you. RIP.

15. MSRANGERS999

MSRANGERS999 Well-Known Member

I don't post much on here but I sure do log on at least twice a day to catch up with the gossip , the banter and the insane at times. When ever I've seen posts by Brix u can be sure that what he had to say was always fair and worth reading. I never met him but sure as hell felt I knew him in some strange way, I guess u just build a picture in ur head of people as time goes on.
    My condolences to all his family

16. MSRANGERS999

MSRANGERS999 Well-Known Member

17. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My condolences to yourself and Brix's friends and family.

<rose>

18. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

I felt like I have been kicked in the stomach after reading this, I never met the man and often wondered what he looked like, how old he was, a true gent.

R.I.P. BrixR.

19. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

Deon sincere condolences to you and your family.

RIP Dave.

John (Telford Ranger)

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Just looked in and saw the news. Gutted and don't really know what to say.
    RIP Brix

QPR NOW AND ALWAYS