1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Man Named Brix

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, May 16, 2013.

1. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Well...where to start?

Brix - structured, bolshy, all-seeing. These may be just some of the adjectives used in describing the man called Brix. For me as a son (in this instance writing on his behalf), he was a committed, diligent and loving father. The purpose of this communication is to inform you that David, or dad as I obviously called him, sadly passed away yesterday morning.

I felt it appropriate to post my first post in his name because he regularly referred to his enjoyment found from the board's interactions, shared support of the team that you all love and even the occasional clashes that occurred from the differing characters who graced the site.

As many of you will have gathered, QPR, second (and sometimes even first dependent upon their application and team spirit) to his family was a lifetime love of his. The team has historically represented him; underdogs with guile and unconventional flair. Nothing saddened him more than to see the team that he had always adored capitulate in the manner that they did this last season. How symbolic - QPR relegated and down with the ship went Brix.

Regardless of how things were left (the details of which I will not know), I can assure you that he loved the site which gave him hours of fun and banter and as he put it...with an intelligent set of guys just chewin' the fat around the team that they all supported. I have been lucky enough to meet some of the guys concerned (Nuts, 9s, Stainsy, Roller, Goldhawk, Ranger Cole to name but a few) and to those, keep well - he regarded you all highly!!

So, in signing off, keep up the support, work together to help QPR back to where they should be...He'd love nothing more than to see the Rs flying high again.

Big respect!

Brix Jr

2. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Jr.

3. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Can't believe what I've just read; such s shock!
    Deepest condolences Brix Jr

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Do I understand correctly, Brix has passed away......

Is this true?

5. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

WHAT THE F**K..is this a wind up because it aint very ****ing funny ?

Am I really reading this....? seriously, does anyone else know whats going on?

I honestly hope to god that this is a wind up..a very bad one at that!

Cant believe that THE mod & poster I respected the most has gone. Never met the man but have nothing but respect for him. No idea of his age or health, but surely this aint true..is it?

F,U*C*K.....I feel like **** over someone I never ( but intended too) meet!

IF true....RIP Brix..a true legend . the club must be made aware of this and posted across other boards ..ASAP!

6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good God...can't quite believe i have just read that....what a shock....A light has just gone out from our board.....RIP Brix

7. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

This has come as a real shock, and puts things in to perspective. Football can be a real ****, but nothing compares to real life.

So sad to hear this news. Thank you for coming on and letting us all know.

My condolences to you and your family.

8. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Brix Junior,

Please can you explain to us what happened. Was it sudden or was he suffering from ill health? I don't want to pry on anything personal but this is such a shock to us. At least if we know, it might help us comprehend.

Thanks

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable shock. I was privileged to meet Brix a couple of times, the last time before the match on last Sunday. From those brief meetings his pride in his family and long suffering devotion to the Rs shone right through. Intelligent, eloquent, humane and mischievous when he wanted to be, his efforts in keeping this place going as a forum where all Rs fans can share thoughts on just about anything will be irreplaceable, and never forgotten by very many of us.

A true gentleman, my really sincere condolences to all of his family. Please let us know if he had any favourite causes or charities that we could donate to in his name.

Rest in Peace mate, last seen by me walking with your lovely wife into the Ellerslie Road stand on 12 May 2013, somehow fitting.

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks to Queenslander for bringing this to our attention on the Norwich board. Never had a lot of contact with Brix, but in the little I did he always came across as an absolute gent. Really sorry to hear this, and our thoughts are with his family. Thanks for letting everyone know Brix Junior.

11. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

Very upset to hear this, my condolences to you & your family for your loss.
    David always came across on here as highly intelligent & a very nice man.

12. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

The man was a legend on here, terrible news my condolences brixjr

13. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Absolutely stunned!!!!
    Just from his nature on this forum he seemed a real gentleman & will be a huge loss.
    Really am totally stunned!

14. QPR247

QPR247 Active Member

Unbelievable, total shock.

Your Dad, David, as we now know, was a hugely well respected man within this board and I can only assume that the same is true in all his walks in life.

This will come as a hammer blow to all of us on here but nothing compared to what you must be going through. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

RIP.

15. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

So sad to hear. Shocked.

I had the pleasure to meet the man himself last season before the Stoke game. A thouroghly genuine and good man, he will be sadly missed. His presence on here was immense and always fair, his modding second to none and thought through.
    Sensed something wasn't right of late. New mods appointed and a lot less involvement from Brix. But 'till his very end he thought of the well being of this board, making sure it was left in good hands instead of thrown into chaos. That says something of the man to me. His legacy will live on. Brix will be sorely missed and this markes a very sad day indeed.

R.I.P. David aka BrixtonR.

My deepest condolances to you and your family Brix jr <rose>

16. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

I'm in shock. This hasn't sunk in yet, so i don't feel like i'll be able to post a fitting tribute for a little while. All of my deepest condolences Brix.Jr , this board will never be the same again.

17. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Was trying to find you on twitter mate..please let the twiiter folk know

Thanks bruv <ok>

18. Very sorry to hear this, I didn't speak to Brix that much but when I did he always seemed like a top guy to me.

RIP <rose>

19. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

That's awful news, really puts things in perspective and so sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with all his family and friends at this sad time.

20. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

He asked me to throw a gypsy throat punch at him on Sunday looked fit as a fiddle ... gave me a firm handshake and held on ... that was enough to tell me he was a good man and i feel pleased to have met him in person