1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Man Named Brix

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, May 16, 2013.

1. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Only just heard and am deeply shocked and saddened by the news.

I never had the privilege of meeting Brix but had previously suggested that I'd love to hear some of those stories of his. I can honestly say that I always thought I would meet him at some point.

For those that didn't personally know him, he came across as warm, intelligent and passionate. All this despite his most even of manner.

My deepest regret is that my last interaction with him was pointed (from my side - ever patient from his) although I'll always have the utmost appreciation for his support and kindness throughout the last couple of years.

I suppose in summary, a gentleman.

RIP David (and sorry).

2. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

I only just saw this now - So very sorry to hear and a really stunning shock

My best to the family

3. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

The only reason I can post on this board is because of David (BrixtonR).
    He made an effort to overturn a permanent ban on me from long ago.
    He seemed a good man and put a lot of time and effort in on the board.
    As everyone else has already posted, it is a shock and upsetting.
    I could not post a proper reply on this thread earlier as I could not think of anything to say.

My thoughts go out to his family :emoticon-0106-cryin
    please log in to view this image

4. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I've only just read this sad news as I've been travelling. I don't really know what to say, but echo all those kind words already said by everyone. It is a measure of the man that so many people have posted so many tributes so soon. People that never met him. People from other clubs. The man had respect. He was the glue that held this board together and will be remembered as an intelligent, patient, fair and balanced man. Another piece of dreadful news at the end of a dreadful season.

5. QPR-in-NZ

QPR-in-NZ Active Member

very sad to hear of Brix passing, as everyone says it's a shock and I never knew him but would always read his posts and will miss them, RIP Brix

6. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Gutted never met but seemed like I knew him so well,
    R.I.P Brix

7. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

My I offer my most deepest condolences to his family and to you all his friends. My he rest in peace.

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Very sorry to hear your sad news. I'm in the midst of three funerals inside a fortnight and I've lost my Dad (a few years back), so I can empathise with you. Deepest sympathy.

RIP.

9. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Sad to hear this news - your dad was a credit to his club and to the board he moderated here.

10. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

Shocking news, very sorry to hear, my deepest condolences.

11. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Shocked at the news and to be honest quite shocked ay my reaction to the news. Brix is someone I'd never had the privilige of meeting but pictured him in the same way that Brix Jr described his dear Dad.

It just seems so wrong, especially after reading that he met with some of you only this past weekend, I'm genuinely choked by this and would like to wish all the best to David's family, to many of us this place is a small retreat and sojourn for like minded people, for me it appears that the champion and guide for us has been taken from us.

I'm just so sorry at this such sad news of someone I know I would have enjoyed meeting.

12. ESPANACOL

ESPANACOL Member

There were only about 3 or four comments on this thread when I first saw it and like some I wondered whether it was some awful windup but the truth suddenly became apparent when I realised how elloquent Brix Jr. post was.

Because I come onto this site possibly 10 times a day people like Brix become part of your daily life. I tried to put some words together and failed, went to the bar to think, tried again and failed. After seeing all the posts from the QPR family with tremendous support from members of other sites I am trying again.

The stature of the man was evident in how he dealt with the recent debacle. Anyone else would have walked away for good but Brix stood back and let his able fellow mods deal with things.

Recently someone said about the latest thing to shame our club 'it cant get any worse'. It has.

R.I.P. Brix.

13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

been away for a couple of days
    saw the title and clicked on it straight away
    posted by brix
    bound to be good(or a new set of rules)
    cant believe the news
    never met the man but I always hoped I would be able to if I ever made it back to London
    not ashamed to say it but I am sitting here in tears for a stranger
    even my wife who thinks I am obsessed(she hates it) with this place had heard of him
    I say a stranger but I always felt vindicated if I posted something and saw he had posted a reply
    very sad day indeed
    sympathies to his family at this time

is it possible for someone to post a photo of dave on here so those who never met him can have a face for the name

14. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Wow just found out, certainly puts things into perspective, always enjoyed your posts.

R.I.P BrixtonR <rose>

15. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

So sorry to hear of this news. Deepest sympathies are with you

16. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

kiwi. where have you been ?
    a sad time for all of us on the board

17. rajman

rajman Active Member

Very sad to hear the news, I read nearly everything Brix posted as he always seemed to talk sense on issues when things were going against the club. Will sadly miss him and his posts although i'd never met him I feel as if I've lost a good mate.
    RIP dude

18. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

my sincere condolences for you and your family group, I am sure he will watching the RRRs from above, RIP Dave<rose>

19. kingdom hoop

kingdom hoop Active Member

My condolences to all his family and friends. Had the pleasure to meet him at the saints game meet up. A real gentleman and a great character. He will truly be missed.May he rest in peace.

20. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Just found out this shocking news. Deepest sympathy to his family. A kind and caring man with a heart of gold. Really shocked.