1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez News (#ONTOPIC)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by jaffaklopp, Feb 11, 2013.

?

When will Suarez leave?

1. Pre-contract, gone 1st day

2. Gone in July

3. Gone in August

4. Gone on transfer deadline day

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Fair point mate and I agree. I thought you were referring to the speed at which it happened <ok>

I think I mentioned this before but I'm slightly concerned that once Suarez goes, will we a) have enough time to sign anybody and b) can we attract our targets?

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

money - he would be on roughly the same, Arsenal have strict wage policy
    CL - got to get through early rounds
    fresh start - from what? It's not like he's escaping noisy neighbours or people in London won't know his 'past'
    living in London - with no S American team mates, something important to him and his family

I'm not ruling out a move to Arsenal because honestly, there's no surprises left with him. I won't be surprised if he goes or surprised if he stays.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

They way Suarez thinks he probably has all those thoughts mentioned in the quote and your response in his mind! <laugh>

Just don't want to get shafted and leave it late mate, I really don't. Not sure I can handle another Carroll lol.

4. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Totally. <applause>

5. nalacat

nalacat Member

Don't get how he said previously he wanted out of EPL to get away from the media etc, but is interested in a move to London. Be gutted if he goes but don't get why he would go to arsenal, they are not going to win CL or the league ( just don't think they are as strong as chelsea/man city/man u, regardless of end of season form).

6. johnsonsbaby

He hasn't actually said that - the media have.

7. saintKlopp

I'm with Johnson's on this. There's no point in condemning him for going to Arsenal until he's actually done it.
    All that we can be sure of is that he fluttered his eyelashes at Real, so far they've kept quiet, Arsenal have made a move and he's said he was flattered by the interest.
    The rest is all Arsenal making bids and the media whipping it up into whatever frothy concoction they can, plus whatever skulduggery Guardiola's up to that we don't get to hear about .
    As JB says, I wouldn't be surprised if he does go, but most of the momentum is coming from the press bandwagon.

I think with all that's happened Suarez may now feel he's burnt his bridges with us and is resigned to going anywhere to get away, but if he stays in this country he certainly won't escape the attention he claims is driving him out. Of course that's true of wherever he goes- all countries have their version of the Mail, the S** and the Torygraph.

I do think a player of his calibre deserves to be competing at the top, but I just don't think Arsenal are up there. And I say that as an admirer of the club and Wenger- I'd much rather they won the league than any of the three above but I just can't see it happening.

8. johnsonsbaby

atm he's with his team mates, manager and MD of the club and he will know exactly where he stands with them, from where we are it all looks good. He's seen the fantastic reception he got from foreign fans - the only thing he doesn't know is how the home fans feel about him and he will find that out either on 17 Aug, 8 Feb or a couple of years time ;)

9. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

saint, like many of us I'm just getting sick and tired of the whole thing. But I do agree with both you and Johnson's about the role of the press in all of this. As we speak Suarez is nicely tucked-up in a hotel in Bangkok. If he were so desperate to talk to Arsenal then you can be sure that he would have been on a plane to London out of Melbourne!

10. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

He needs to be careful!!

[video=youtube;aaMOC35DXYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMOC35DXYg[/video]

11. Dubbed The New Wenger

Except that Arsenal are in Tokyo. Could be the reason why.

12. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

But he's not there either is he soft lad!

13. Dubbed The New Wenger

What's with the insult? Are you really that touchy over this subject? I do feel sorry for you.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

are arsenal's contract negotiator's in toyko too or do you not have your MD on the shoulders of a coke nsorting ex player? I eman we really are organsied but you lot? I'd say wenger just has a karaoke bar and saki for company...

15. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Did he touch a nerve with you? Is soft lad that insulting for you? Thank **** he didn't use ****! Don't come here on the wind up with that weak sarcasm and not expect to get a little something back. <ok>

We will see where Suarez goes, I know he won't be with us. Is the Suarez bid why you have failed with Higuain, Jovetic, Fellaini, etc?

16. Dubbed The New Wenger

How was I on the WUM? <laugh> So anyone who comes on here with a different view is automatically on the wind up? You guys really are blinkered. Go and join the RAWK forum if that's the case.
    A little bubble where you all agree with each other.

17. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Haven't even got him yet & they're on here talking smart arse....I'm getting flashbacks <laugh>

Maybe this is like celebrating coming fourth rather than winning the league. They feel chuffed not actually getting a player but bidding for him.....suppose it makes a change from selling them ....:D

18. Wenger's Optician

Wenger's Optician Active Member

Jovetic? Fellaini? I'm pretty sure we haven't made any bids for either of those players. And it looks like the club decided Higuain for &#8364;37m wasn't worth it and to concentrate on Suarez.

19. Dubbed The New Wenger

Actually I came on this thread to see Liverpool fans take on things. I responded to one quote. And lo and behold, some bitter clown jumped on it and started with the insults.

I haven't once claimed we'll sign him either so that point of yours is moot. It is amusing seeing Scousers (fans and former players alike) laugh at Arsenal when they've been languishing in midtable for years.
    Even more hilarious when they talk about winning stuff, as if they're Chelsea or Man U. <rofl>

20. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Glad you find it hilarious.

You'll find, if you actually bothered to read the views of us LFC fans, that most of us quite like Arsenal - at least of those who've been title challengers for the last 10 years. It's not that we don't want him to join Arsenal as such, but that we don't want him to join a team we want to be competing with. Aside from that, we don't see the attraction of Arsenal as a club to Luis; not challenging for titles, not challenging for trophies, minimal pay increase, still in the same country he claims he wants to leave...

What IS hilarious, however, is how many gunners seem to think he'd be a brilliant signing given the **** thrown our way from righteous fans of various clubs over the last few years. How dirty, despicable and toxic a player he was and how they'd never want him near their club (those words have been used btw, but I'm not saying you have) suddenly seems to have slipped their mind.

Anyway, you keep rolling on the floor laughing and believing we're bitter <ok>