1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez News (#ONTOPIC)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by jaffaklopp, Feb 11, 2013.

?

When will Suarez leave?

1. Pre-contract, gone 1st day

2. Gone in July

3. Gone in August

4. Gone on transfer deadline day

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

100% belief he is running for it in the summer. Good luck to him too, fully deserves a top club.

2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just signed a new contract to add the the fact he says he loves the club and loves playing for the club - if he goes, it will only be to a big team abroad for lots of money. If he goes, won't hold any grudges but with £50mil can buy 2 or 3 class players who we could build a more balanced team with.

3. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Haha, what gives you the idea that we'd invest the money well?

I think Suarez has the intention of staying another year, but I think top clubs will take advantage of our poor end to the season and sniff around - probably turning his head a little and forcing through a move.

4. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

to be fair he was ****ing useless today, so many blind alleys and atrocious finishing. He really is an attacking midfielder who can score, not a striker

5. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Pretty naff article to be honest.

6. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

He was dog **** today, was at city as well and I don't think we've seen it twice in a row since he joined.

Too many times he gets in to a position where we look favorites to score and he'll just hit a weak shot about 10 yards wide.

Can't complain about it too much because he makes so many himself over the course of a season but it still ****s me off immensely

7. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

He's just signed a long term contract, so it'll be a huge fee IF he goes.

I think he'll stay personally.

P.S. Agree with B4F - ****e article. Knee jerk bollox

8. danilo.

danilo. Well-Known Member

Total mistake if we let him go. Everyone wants a balanced squad, well I don't.

Top teams buy top players, not mediocre players. Aston Villa went the balanced squad route a few years ago. Looks like we're on the same path.

9. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Not knee jerk. Been saying it for months. Results of late and end position just confirm it for me.

10. Bindiana

Bindiana Active Member

Probably the worst game I have seen him play for us I think he will give us next season then he will go and won't begrudge him that

11. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

The poll is a bit **** as he can't sign a pre contract with anyone, i demand a new poll , new thread or a combination of both <grr>

12. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Na, one more season & if we don't give him some players round him that can actually match him, then he'll go.

And fair do's if we stay like this.

But we won't; we'll improve.

13. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Will we though Frank? I've been kidding myself for two decades that at some point we'll get it right but we rarely do.

I think Suarez will still be here next season but as for this notion we'll surround him with good players next year I can only laugh at that. Besides which, you can surround him with Messi and Ronaldo but it'd make no difference when he can't even find a Red shirt or even bother looking for one.

He gets enough praise when he plays well (lots of people had him in their top ten players in the world which made me laugh) so he can take a bit of stick when he's as bollocks as last night. I couldn't help but notice he's developed Bambi legs again (big centre halfs seem to bring that out in him).

14. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

His finishing was poor and his decision making was worse - had a couple of chances to play Stevie and Downing in and messed it up.

But having said that, the whole team were shocking.

I think he'll give us another season at least.

15. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Lol it was more a hope than expectation regarding more players & improvement.

But Seriously: I think the majority of this squad will get better both individually & as a team. That doesn't mean the level reached will be league competitive without quality additions (not more of the same )

We seem to have a core of players that can't keep that level up physically or mentally for 90 minutes.

I don't know what has happened at the back but not one player from keeper to DM seems to know what they are doing. All this "new system" rubbish" is a red herring; it doesn't make you panic as an individual player when ran at or misplace pass after pass when starting a move from the back.

One thing in their defence is the midfield link. Too often there's no hard work to create the space to avoid the pass from the back being cut out or pressured. Too often there's no hard work by the top 6 to cover & support the DM & back 4 when out of position or overrun. They appear to be doing a lot of standing around the oppositions 18 yard box waiting for the ball.

So calmer this morning but I think there is an inherent weakness in our midfield & back. While the system being played might exacerbate that (in other words Brendan's fault) the same players had the same problems under KD & I'd bet my house if the same group were played under the next manager they'd have the same issues.

They all as a squad think they are better than they are. Too much effort put into telling us they're putting in the effort & how great each other are to work with. Not enough in just doing it.

They like the last 5 incarnations of our team seem to think putting on the Liverpool shirt magically makes them Liverpool standard players rather than playing hard enough to justify it being worn.

Ah well. Maybe that will be one good thing about an honest tight budget. We'll stop thinking we are a couple of buys away from solving the problem & start thinking of building a reputation again rather than feeding of one that very few of this squad earned.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

for one thing he's under contract so theres no bloody such thing as a precontract in his case.

stupid article on a day after a bad loss.

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

FFS <doh> Change the ****ing CD and get a new drum to bang.

18. Red Hadron Collider

This ^ <ok> Give me a ****ing call <laugh>

19. Red Hadron Collider

I say close the ****ing ****e <ok>

20. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

I say make it a ****ing sticky thread <ok>

<whistle>