1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez News (#ONTOPIC)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by jaffaklopp, Feb 11, 2013.

?

When will Suarez leave?

1. Pre-contract, gone 1st day

2. Gone in July

3. Gone in August

4. Gone on transfer deadline day

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

Farcenal shareholders are happy though<ok>

2. Wenger's Optician

Wenger's Optician Active Member

1) You must not have a high opinion of Suarez if you think that Spurs will finish above us if we buy him.

2) When was the last time we went out of Europe in the group stages?

3) I think the fact we're bidding £40m shows that we have more money available than previously. I can see the club giving Suarez a big contract quite easily.

4) What else does your crystal ball show you?

3. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

I'll answer your 4th question for you. That Arsenal are all talk and no action. Now, you, your team, your manager and your board already know that you will have to pay £50 million plus to secure the services of Suarez. Even so you won't pay. As usual when it comes to big transfers you talk a good game and then like your team under-perform.

BTW Spurs will finish above you even if you did have Suarez. It won't be his fault, it'll be the lack of true class that he would be surrounded by!

4. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

He's one player, he scores goals but he also loses the ball a lot, don't see that changing with you lot. And in case you haven't noticed he misses the first part of the season and his history says he'll likely miss more. And spurs appear to be buying with Bale; and if they sell him they'll add good quality depth to their side with the large bag of money. You've so far bought a post man with all that supposed cash..

You've went from finalists to regular SF to last 16 for past 3 years. It appears to be a steady downward trend: group stage is about due depending on your group.

You've apparently had money for years cough cough. It's not what you can offer one player it's what you have to offer all players if you break your wage structure. Can't see it with Wenger there.

My crystal ball says what the fair few sensible Arsenal fans I know say every year and are still saying today: it's all a front to say "we tried" safe in the knowledge the club were never going to have to pay a penny of the 40 million because we'd reject it. You'll buy some more young unknowns and maybe one "experienced" old timer with minutes to spare...and you'll drudge through another season while you all rock backward and forward chanting "4th is a trophy, 4th is a trophy"

5. Dubbed The New Wenger

Simple question.
    Are Liverpool on the same level as Arsenal?
    Are they better?

6. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

No and no.

7. Dubbed The New Wenger

So there's no way Arsenal are going to pay slightly over £50 million even though they went from £25 million, up to £30 mill and then £40 mill? Fantastic stuff.

Arsenal may or may not get Suarez at the end. No one knows. But don't act like the interest isn't serious.
    It's pretty obvious you guys are trying to convince yourself otherwise.

8. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

This season I believe that we will be on the same level as Arsenal. Until the season has been completed then neither of us can answer that question.

9. Dubbed The New Wenger

Fair play.

But can't you honestly see Suarez being even more dangerous with Arsenal? With talks of them having possibly signed Bernard (not confirmed, may not happen), and potentially strengthening in different position, they could even challenge and win trophies.
    Surely that's what Suarez sees.

10. Dubbed The New Wenger

<rofl><laugh> Man you're a daft one.

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

suarez is a top player but if he wants to go then he should go...there is no point in forcing a player to stay as his heart wont be in it and the money will come in handy....he is a top 4 player but no good if he wants to leave...

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The title is wide open this season with chelsea probably favorites...even man utd will struggle to make the top 4 this season, Man city,arsenal and liverpool are the main contenders...

13. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

Nobody here has suggested that Arsenal are not serious in their pursuit of Suarez. We are amused at the tactics that Arsenal have so far employed to us it appears so amateur and explains a lot to us as to why your history in the transfer market is littered with disasters.

Now you and your club know that a bid over £50 million will get LFC talking. It's up to you. You may not/ will probably not pay that much but don't you boys pretend that you were never truly interested.

14. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

15. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Plural.

Wrong questions though. It should be: are Arsenal at a high enough level above Liverpool to warrant Luis joining you? Nothing has been reported saying he does. All my previous points under this question are valid and if answered honestly you are not. You are treading water not competing and Suarez may just have learnt with his experience at Liverpool that he is not enough to improve the entire lot of a mediocre team. You are above us but that's about it. In no sense of the word have you or will you be really competing for the trophies that matter to him. And that description my friend won't fit well with Suarez aspirations.

The real suitors will be along presently or maybe just maybe as deflating as it may be to Suarez, it'll only be arsenal by the end of the summer. He may think its a good deal by then but you'll still not offer what will be required.

You offered 35 because you knew it was below the "clause" so would be disregarded. You then made the giant increase to the "clause" but in such a derisory fashion that you knew what response it would invoke. It's all bluster and the world knows it.

Now go buy a black and white cat for the post man. You'll spend that much at least.

16. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

Time will tell. I strongly doubt that Arsenal will finish in the top4. As that has been the limit of your ambition for more than a few years then it's more likely that we will have the more successful season - with or without Suarez.

17. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

'Man' you're a goon innit

We wont be on the same level as City/Chelsea (I leave Utd out as I think they will have bad patches) but thats it. You? You talk like you're as good as these two, you're a good team but to say we wont be on the same level as you this season is.................see my first comment towards you 'boom'

18. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

If Wenger plays him on the wing like all his other strikers, then yes, i think he will thrive, as that is his best position.
    The only thing i don't get, is the unwavering hatred towards him from all fans away from Liverpool, all hoping he leaves the league etc etc. Yet your fans turned around instantly.
    Unquestionably though, I think he is waiting and hoping on Madrid coming in for him.

19. Dubbed The New Wenger

<laugh> You know what's coming up next, now, don't you?
    Oh yeah baby.

Carroll, Downing and Henderson all for the price hefty price of £71 million. Enough said. Don't ever bring up transfer disasters. Your club are experts at that.

20. Red_Pheonix

Red_Pheonix Member

You may think that but I CAN possibly say - YOUR'E WRONG