1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nottingham........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

If you need a snapshot into how labour would have dealt with covid take a look at the shambles in Wales.

As for your comment about the app, as usual you enter the realms of mystic Meg, you could not possibly know that. But for the record the last time they were in charge they wasted £26 BILLION on an IT system for the NHS that never worked.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Actually in cases per capita, England still performs worse than Wales and Scotland, and a very good test is that which shows Northern Ireland performing far worse than Ireland, which shows the difference in government response. As mentioned before, it's nuanced, it's not a direct comparison and that's totally fair, but it's also fair to say that overall the country is performing poorly. And it's extremely fair to say that the economy is performing even worse.

But once again I have to say the same to you, you would never in a million years be this lenient to a Labour government, and you know it.

AshtonRed likes this.
  3. BCFCRob

Wales' numbers are better than ours.

If we're playing the game of which government wasted the most amount of money, wait until you hear about Brexit. <laugh>

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well there is a great irony about Brexit, the official labour leadership line was not to share platforms with tory remainers and on the night of the brexit vote in excess of 60% of labours voters were unclear about labours position and then of course labours northern red wall fell because of labours stance throughout the process post brexit vote.

5. BCFCRob

Not to be rude, but I don't really care to be honest Jiffie. I was using them to prove a point, not to debate who was best. I'm not here to defend Labour to the hilt, I don't care for them, it was merely to prove a point.

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Rob.
    'you know what, being more left, they are probably more likely to have locked down far earlier and saved lots of lives. They probably wouldn't have wasted £12 BILLION on an app that doesn't work'.

If Corbyn and Co had been in power there wouldn't have been any money to 'waste'.
    We'd have been bankrupt.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Well, I’m off to the sun tomorrow - 1 week in Arroyo, 1 week in Gibraltar and then 1 week self-isolation on return.
    Hopefully it’ll all have blown over when I get back (yeah right)!!

8. BCFCRob

That may be the case, but I didn't intend to sidetrack the conversation like that anyways. As I said, it was to prove a point. We may well have been bankrupt, but as it stands, our economy is tanking more than any other established nation in Europe. Either way, neither was a good choice. But I'm the only one applying that to both sides, you lot are only capable of applying it to the left.

9. Redprintt

Come on Rob, that's disingenuous at best.
    I started threads 'Up till now' and 'Moonshine'.

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Again, it's you that used Corbyn & Abbott as alternatives not me.......Again I say I DON'T think that any of the other parties would have done any better in this even though this government has made mistakes.........Straight forward opinion and doesn't have to be read as biased....but that's up to you how you interpret my comments.....I personally think you are totally biased against the government whatever action they took.

Rob, Please be honest...which party would in your opinion have done a much better job? For lives and the economy? Whatever your answer, please explain why..... ideally with historic proof!!

As I've previously said I'm not convinced with the death figures being scattered about....What would be more convincing............did they die WITH covid or OF covid?..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020

11. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

that's should you be let back!!!!! ..why 7 days? …. not 14¬!

12. realred1952

the world debt in 1 year from now will be in excess of 2000 £tr … this pandemic will take a generation to pay off …..

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

What point is that exactly? I must have missed that.

14. realred1952

point taken but not sure it would pan out any better or worse.

15. realred1952

There is 2 parties that govern post war UK … LABOUR SPENDS AND BORROWS... Tories then have to pick up the pieces set the budget straight … and prepare for a period of "plenty" They did that up until dec 2019 ….then covid comes along ...worse than labour at screwing up our economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Because the time in Gib is deducted from the quarantine period

17. Redprintt

So Andy Burnham is holding out again going into tier 3.
    He may well have concerns but to delay is incredibly dangerous with the cases doubling every week.
    All he's doing is fueling unrest.
    Implement Tier 3 now and argue after, you can't gamble with peoples lives.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

What shambles in Wales? The criticism maybe over here we was a bit late in face mask. But we didn’t rush out out of the last lockdown like you lot.
    Per person per population we are a lot better than England.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  19. realred1952

agree not a shambles by a long chalk, although the population as opposed to the government more at fault. It doesn't matter how you look at it Bank holiday weekend was the start, you cant blame the schools or the Uni's as they were a week and 2 weeks respectively in going back with a period of 4 days to 14 days to be affected fits the slot perfectly!
    wouldn't say a lot better than ENGLAND but have dense compact areas of population that do not help especially when SD is not practiced!

20. realred1952

Andy Burnham is up for election soon, is also a strong anti TORY, so does not like being told by them what to do. He should reflect on the raves, house parties and resentment of certain parts of the population who flaunted SD … state the truth tell Mancunians "you brought this on yourselves "

Angelicnumber16 likes this.