1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nottingham........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Probably partly due to the crap weather now and nights drawing in! Wait for another couple of weeks and the clocks go back as well. Beginning of lockdown the sun was out and if you have a garden you'd be out in it.

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Tricky situation trying to get the balance right....Lives lost because of the virus or lives ruined & lost because of lockdown...The only way that lockdown would work is if we totally lockdown....something we've never actually ever done.. Otherwise IMO it's pointless..

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

As the Queen was writing out the New Years Honours, she said to Philip, “Are we going to honour Lulu this year?”
    He said, “I’m not flying to Hawaii in my condition!” :emoticon-0102-bigsm

I'm reading a horror book in Braille.
    Something terrible is about to happen.
    I can feel it....... :emoticon-0102-bigsm

A man who'd just died is delivered to a local mortuary and he's wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit.
    The mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed, pointing out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.
    The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit.
    She gives the mortician a blank check and says, “I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.”
    The woman returns the next day and to her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly.
    She says to the mortician, “Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I'm very grateful. How much did you spend?”
    To her astonishment, the mortician presents her with the blank check, “There's no charge.”
    “No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit,” she says.
    “Honestly, ma’am it cost nothing. You see, a deceased gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit.
    I asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice. So I just switched the heads.” <whistle><whistle><whistle>

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Here’s another way of looking at the tricky balance.
    One no way back, one hardship but still alive. Tough one, but I know which one I would prefer.
    Carry on like me are, and the death rates now rising will only continue to do so.
    Or maybe we’re all like Trump and immune to it. Or is it he thinks we’re stupid enough to believe he had it.

PS Even though my dad died of cancer in April, to me he died of not being able to get a blood transfusion because he couldn’t get into a hospital. We was waiting two to three weeks for it and by that time his blood count was so low it was too late. I’m not blaming the NHS or any other care agency. They were all up against it, because we dallied around looking at the rest of Europe locking down. I could of had at least a few more months out of him. This spike could see the undeclared victims of Covid going up as well.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  5. realred1952

it is a conundrum ….. I think we did get it right the first time … MAYBE SHOULD HAVE LASTED ANOTHER WEEK OR 2 ! ….A) we cannot blame the kids going back to school, or B)students going back to UNI!
    take A ) the final weekend of AUGUST... families and children head for long weekend … and the places they go "haunts of some of the most serious areas now" like S West and North coast seaside resorts, or scenic areas. Tightly packed venues, toilets... ice cream vans … chip shops … street vendors …. shops ….
    b) UNI students new or 2nd year … its the last weekend so meet up either with family or groups of friends before going on to their uni Campus a week or so before freshers week! I have experienced a couple of days of modern day freshers week [ 5 years ago ] and it is not a pleasant affair... alcohol drugs very poor hygiene [ there isn't any hygiene in the kitchen at least! ] add in 1 or maybe 2 carriers of COVID and you can understand how like a wild fire it spreads …
    that would be the only way... midnight no more airplanes allowed to land no more ships allowed to unload passengers or freight ...no one allowed on the street … 16 day curfew … only people allowed are army … and a work force for emergencies … and for supply to distribution from food warehouses .. other than needed services everything closes … breaking curfew is £5,000 2nd offence £10, 000 and is a criminal offence...………….. hey ho will never happen ………… the twats that have spoilt it up to now will do so again and again till they get it ….realise... or DIE

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  6. oneforthebristolcity

Really sorry about your Dad Rod, Mine also died but of Prostrate Cancer back in 2003.
    I'm just not convinced that any of the measures in place or proposed, will make a long term difference. We will end up with continuous waves for the foreseeable future. Not only will there be a high number of casualties in the hospitals our society will suffer throughout....I just don't think having a partial lock down will make any difference at all, with the exception of a few weeks reduced rate, then it will start all over again........I only see two choices....1. A full on lockdown (emergency forces & resources only) not like we did in the Spring.........or 2. Just let it go, opening up all Nightingale units plus short term relocating Doctors, Nurses and staff when required to the worst affected areas of the Country............extreme ideas for an extreme Pandemic.......which will be with us until it either fizzles out or when there's a vaccine.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

That’s what I was eluding to, these partial lockdowns won’t work. Simply because people will still travel around. Yesterday I went to work in Leicestershire for a meeting. Now this was partially my fault as well. I had to show someone how to demonstrate compliance for a BSi Audit on how I do it for my area in the South. I could of done it on Teams / Zoom call but would of taken a lot longer. However what I’m getting at is, if I’m allowed to travel then everyone is. So no one is technically fully locked down. I went to a garage to buy a Costa for my trip back and there was some staff filling shelves without face mask on!
    Here in Wales technically only Monmouthshire is not locked down. So everyone crossing the Severn Bridges should only be either in Monmouthshire or travelling to Monmouthshire. But those bridges are still busy because everyone is travelling to and from work. So everyone has an excuse saying it’s for work.

Boris says he trust the great British public to adhere to his confusing rules. Here they are enjoying their last night out in Liverpool. And I’m not getting at Liverpool people as this will happen in every UK city going into lockdown.
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...OOiAYj6gI0NjQKakHaY_dpaJvST4iD7M50uubQqur6cdY

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The 'experts' and top scientists around the world can't agree which approach is best. Whether it's herd mentality and basically a free for all to spread the virus everywhere, or complete or partial lockdown.All governments are facing the same dilemma and are trying to protect health and their respective economies.
    It also has to be said the scenes from Liverpool yesterday evening when the bars shut at 22.00 and there were hundreds if not thousands of young people thronging the streets with no masks or social distancing in place just has to be asking for trouble.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  9. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

I live in Nottinghamshire and every Monday a group of us meet at our local. This week we were discussing whether we should meet up again in the coming weeks in view of our local current situation. Most of us live within a few miles of the Leicestershire border and quite close to Lincolnshire so it would be easy for us to travel just a little further and continue our social gatherings, still keeping within current rules/guidance. Not in the spirit of things but a viable option. Not sure whether we will though. Generally we are a sensible bunch!
    Can’t help thinking that a general lockdown would be the best option now, however unpalatable that would be. Easy for me to suggest that though, retired, village location and a reasonable sized garden.

10. realred1952

Hi, [ not being sarcastic or nasty] it easy …..as Sir Keith Hindsight Change my mind bleats on about …. without giving their alternative [but next quote you have partially ] after having in face slapped yet again on various days this week in parliament … he came out with a classic … in response to Boris telling him he never comes out with an alternative or own suggestion he does ...holds a news conference and demands that the .gov has a 2 week school lockdown … guess what NI had already announced that they implemented that!

assume, as I stated before, this excludes the emergency services?

2weeks before the first lockdown my group of Thursday nighters "held council" and decided to "go into lockdown" basically we stopped meeting observed SD and wore masks when went out. this of course sacrificed our weekly pub meet for a couple of pints. 3 Thursday nights ago we did our last group walk with bottled beers and snack at one of our gardens … although this area is low risk [ at the moment ] phones e mail zoom or jitsu are good ways to keep in touch! and safe.

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I will continue to abide by the rules - even if they are panic measures implemented by a clueless government.

I personally believe that the lockdown we already held has already done serious damage to our economy and another lockdown may render the economy damaged that it will take several generations to recover.
    It's all very well for the SAGE medical experts to recommend a full-on lockdown, but they aren't paid to consider the financial repercussions - or even how we can pay for our NHS if the economy crashes - or how losing their jobs will affect the health (mental, physical and financial) of the hundreds of thousands of people about to be binned off as a result of the LAST lockdown - and the others who depend on them.

As usual it'll be the people on a minimum wage zero-hours contract who will be hit worst of all - the waiters/waitresses, bar staff and retail workers, whilst the politicians who make up these rules enjoy a drink in the Commons bar and make jokes about it.

12. oneforthebristolcity

I'm not sure we can say the current government are clueless, as this pandemic is a learning curve and I'm dam sure which ever party were leading this would be making the same mistakes.................Doesn't help with irresponsible people not wanting to adhere by the rules that are put in place or decide to have a mass gathering a couple of hours before lockdown............Morons also need to take responsibility!!

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  13. bcfcredandwhite

I grant you that this is unprecedented 1for, but the key to being successful is to watch and learn from other successes. We haven’t done that.
    Why are the Germans so successful at this COVID control? I’d suggest that it’s a mixture of their culture of doing as they are told but combined with their widespread testing programme.
    They use testing, we use lockdowns and self-isolation. To me that’s the lazy crazy option.

14. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

What is it with Liverpool people.

Some business owners are staying open flagrantly breaking the latest restrictions.
    Then you see idiots for the last 2 nights crowding out at 10pm partying in the streets and showing aggression to the police is growing.

They're always bleating they're hard done by. Gets right up my nose.

15. bcfcredandwhite

CACE28CB-A89C-48FB-82A0-7B4970FB3B69.jpeg Yeah - but I love this though Redprintt!!!!

manxrobin likes this.
  16. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I still don't get this! Any government that was in power would be "clueless" simply because none of us has ever been here before!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Scouser's are great at giving it but massively different when the spotlight is on them.

18. realred1952

totally agree with you on this sir Hindsight is endeavoring to build up political points latest is he agreed full heartedly on Monday with todays implementations... at PMQ'S he came equipped with his pre prepared speech and was against it. BBC interviewed shadow chancellor today after PMQT took 5 goes to get her to reveal how much their [ should they have one ] plan on funding peeps without jobs during a lock down … £9bn was the answer eventually but then said of that £3bn +/- would go to companies having loss of income !!!!! ….. .gov has spent about £40bn on wages so far …..

Liverpool worse area … ever ...so far since March.. the Morons /twats last evening will in a couple of weeks say "hey look the cases / death's have doubled + and lockdown is not working! THE ANSWER should be "well it is because youse stupid twats / morons spent the last night mixing it and spreading it"
    Law of averages on the crowds that partied (based on cases per 100,000 with fact of student rate factored in ) approx 60 people in those crowds were carriers/ have it! Look for a jump (peak) in about a weeks time, SHOULD THEY BOTHER TO GET A TEST!

…..

BCRW doesn't like the .gov … so uses the terminology as a statement of his feeling! :emoticon-0105-wink:
    when you look at the world you see dozens of different ways combatting it has been tried. Culture, attitude etc is defining aspects. They all [countries] have a success point and all have a failure point. On here THE CLEVER MONEY [posters] is on compliance. So far not many of our posters has actually said "I' ve got it " or family member has it? ...I know of of a couple friends who have been victims but only because one of them was a covid nurse at WSM....BEDMINSTER DOWN SCHOOL, gets it share of positives... and classes/years sent home for 2 weeks .. that's as close as I get to it … GRANDCHILDREN ….

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  19. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The same as the thousands of morons in Greater Manchester and countless house parties that have gone on during lockdown.
    These 2 northern places in particular have often gone against the national grain, and basically they've never liked being told what to do. You only have to listen to that Andy Burnham droning on and on that they're not being consulted in decisions, whilst overseeing basic anarchy in his own back yard. All those breaking the basic rules in Manchester, Nottingham, Liverpool deserve what they get, as does anyone anywhere else who acts irresponsibly at a time like this.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  20. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Social distancing is a control measure and is not wholly preventative. PPE is a control measure, its not wholly preventative. Nothing is 100%. A service I work in checks staff and service users daily. The service is rigorously cleaned each day and night. The service is socially isolated. The service has had had two deaths and one individual admitted to intensive care due to Covid-19.