1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maja update

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

There's too many Maja threads now but I'll put this here.

Maja's agents are Elite Project Group Ltd according to various web sites.
    There are only 2 people who admit to working at EPG Ltd on LinkedIn
    I could be wrong but Eddie Bonsu seems to like retweeting stuff about Maja - Is he the one turning Maja's head?
    https://twitter.com/Eddiebonsu

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I think he does. But the way it will make club look when we back down from our stupid public demands makes my skin crawl. Think it very publicly invites rotten players and agents to try and take advantage of us again and they will try no doubt.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Nads likes this.
  3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Bournemouth just paid £19million for Solanke. £19million for a player who can’t hold the ball up or shoot.

Madness. That for me puts Maja’s price up if we are to sell. Ridiculous.

RTB likes this.
  4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Now that is pure madness.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

It really is mate, he’s a million miles from a Premier League striker, Klopp bringing some of that Dortmund ‘rob em blind’ magic with him.

That’s one of the worst signings I’ve seen, I was baffled that Palace, short only if goals, looked at him.

6. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Links to Germany are a worry as doesn’t that mean we get not a penny?

8. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too hard on Donald on this one.......clearly things have dragged on so in my opinion he was just trying to do what was right for the club. We get to the end of the window and no deal was done? The agent to me is using the ambush tactic. If you use that in negotiations then usually things will not end well. There has to be three winners here....Maja, his agent and the club. If one doesn't get what would appear to work for them then no deal will happen. Maja has done well for us there's no doubt about that. Common sense would be for him to stay put on a three to four contract and in reality if he continues like he has as soon as a suitable offer comes in we are going to sell him in any case whether in contract or not. There's a bit of handbags going on at the moment between Donald and his Maja's agent. Maja's agent has the upper hand because he has a young lad nearly out of contract and has been scoring a lot of goals. So will he be in demand....certainly.....everyone knows that. There will be a nice little check heading to his agent soon.
    My thought with Maja is this. The club has given him the opportunity. We should be in the mix for promotion to the Championship at the end of the season. He just played a game at the SOL in front of 46,000 for a league one game. If he can't see what is in front of him for the sake of a quick 'buck'.....then let the lad go. I just want players on the pitch who will die for the club......and not his agent.

9. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy to go and bray his agent to f*ck if somebody can get me to where he is.

SAFC have given one demand in that they have given him a week. If Maja is interested tell ya agent to f*ck right off and sign. If he wants away grow a pair and admit it. If he doesnt sign by tonight get rid of, simple.

Agents are supposed to represent the players interests. What a f*cking joke. They look after No1 and like our MP's no f*cker else.

Makemstine Roger, LAMackem and RTB like this.
  10. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

I'm with Stewie on this. The negotiations will have been going on for some time, not just the last few weeks, and we're in the transfer window now. So do a deal or **** off. If he's determined to go, it's so long and thanks for all your help. You twat. If he wants to stay, great. But there comes a point where he has to make a decision and if he doesn't I don't see a problem with a deadline, personally.

11. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I remember talking to Burly about SD at the start of the season about how he needs to stop playing our clubs affairs out on social media and now this has happened. It was inevitable. He was right to set the deadline, but to tell the world what he had done? He's ****ed up.

If Josh goes, it could be the difference between going up, or not. Natural goalscorers like him are not ten a penny. Especially expecting them to be straight up to speed and banging them in. Can't rely on Wyke because of his injury record. Worrying.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Dragged on? Clearly? It's the first week in January mate. I think Stewart has been hasty if anything. We couldn't start contract negotiations cause of the wage bill situation. It's been literally been less than two months of negociation time on something that usually takes the best part of a year often longer. Dragged on? Opposite imo, the lad has been rushed and I think it's bit us on the arse

Don't get me wrong, Stewie is always going to try and do what's best for the club but nobody is accusing him of sabotage. More making a mistake which nobody is immune from.

No problem in letting the lad go if he wants to go, but the club **** up is clear to me and it's probably cost us a talent.

13. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Donald said he wanted to keep it all in house but because Majas agent contacted Skysports first before anyone else he was forced to speak out.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yes, but Donald made it public that the club had set a deadline mate, can’t play it both ways.

Sunderlad, Dorset, Saf and 3 others like this.
  15. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

The only way I can see him staying is if he quite publicly changes representation.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  16. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

Well, it did cross my mind that this might not be a misstep on some learning curve, but a calculated manuever to keep the wage bill down, w/o disappointing the fan base. Signing Maja to the wage packet he commands right now is a bit of a gamble, probably less of a gamble than not signing him, but considering all the other high earners on the payroll, Stewart may have chosen to play it close to the vest this time.

17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Jack Ross was the first I’d heard about the deadline. Heard nothing from Donald at all about it until this

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Whoever it was, the club made it public mate.

Brian Storm likes this.
  19. Brian Storm

Well Stewie has already confirmed we met Maja's contract demands. Said to be a 700% pay rise, not sure what that works out at but I'm sure it didn't step outside the budget given the strict restrictions EFL wage management protocol has on us as we're literally forbidden from breaking that agreement.

Can't help thinking if he was given most of Jan to mull it over that he would have signed. Could have still collected bids in order to sell in the last week.

20. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Why did he tell anyone he wanted to sign ?, just go and see Jack then do it. Who are these agents anyway are they from another world, we never see them are they imaginary. I know one thing they must be rich.