1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Caleb Folan

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by beverleytiger, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hutch_Tiger

Hutch_Tiger Well-Known Member

I know were short of a striker at the moment, and alot of fans are getting frustrated but does that really justify people wanting the likes of caleb folan and daniel cousin back.

two players in my opinion if you look at there appearances and effort during there time at our club more or less robbed a wage.

folan was made of glass, for the size of the guy and to pick up that many niggles that kept him out for months was a joke.

as for cousin absolute waste of space, one of the worst attitudes in football ive seen, people hate joey barton, el hadj diouf etc etc but at least these guys have a go. always remember cousin one game we were on the counter attack and because he didnt recieve the ball he threw his arms in the air and started walking back to the centre circle yeah great lets resign him eh.

come on people :emoticon-0101-sadsm

2. naullzytiger

naullzytiger Member

Lets get on the phone with AZ Alkmaar and get Jozy Altidore back....I thought he was quality

3. Hutch_Tiger

Hutch_Tiger Well-Known Member

okay can anybody post the amount of caleb folans actual appearances for us compared to how many he could of played.

argument over

constantly fackn injured

4. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Folan was a big pussy.

No doubt in the current weather he would be one of the glove wearers.

Backward step even considering the lumbering oaf.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Didn't need another thread.

6. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

He wasn't a fanny, more like a six-foot fairy, bet in the olden days they would have forced him to play with some of the injuries he took time out with!

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Well there's no way we could prove it but there were so many times that he picked up a 'knock' and it was expected to be a week or two but ended up ruling him out for half the season, never mind the olden days; he was letting every other player down, players who would bust a gut for the team while he wasn't quite ready to come back from his dead leg sustained 3 months ago.

8. hullcitytiger

hullcitytiger Member

agree with this he would fit as the man up top to link the play get free kicks and scare defenders

9. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

If I have the numbers right, City played 171 first team games during Caleb's time at the club. Caleb started 33 of those games, and made 31 substitute appearances. I don't know how many times he was an unused sub.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Screw Jozy, he's only scored 5 in 19 at AZ Alkmaar, if we're going for one of their players I'd rather have Rasmus Elm, he's 23 year old Swede and he's scored 9 in 18 appearances. Not only is that a great strike rate, but he actually plays in midfield.

Unfortunately, I think some of the biggest clubs in Europe are watching him.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not wanting to start a massive Jozy debate but that isn't a bad strike rate. Obviously not being an AZ Alkmaar fan I don't see him regularly so I can't comment on his overall play these days, but that goal return isn't terrible and if the rest of his game is anything like it was two years ago I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

12. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Dutch football isn't that great, OLM is right you would want a better return than that, I thought Jozy had a lot of potential at first when he joined us but in the end he just looked like a limited player, I'd sooner have Vennegoor of Hesselink back, you could see that guy had some real quality about him

13. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

not saying cousin is the answer now, but he wasnt useless...he scored v Arsenal twice, Manchester United and Man City..not many city strikers of the past can say that.

14. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

...I can hardly believe these comments...but am not surprised with the bile...did you not read TWF's pertinent reply....Folan played half a game on one leg at Barnsley because there were no subs left....his reward?....out for 3 months with a serious injury....just tell us all who exactly from the old days or anytime would have done that and played the following games...you really really be expected to be taken seriously with such inane and Prejudiced tripe...

15. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Are you TWFs brother you must be on the ignore list for a reason lol

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Is that you Caleb?

The guy had every natural talent required to be a great striker for us and was our record signing, yet apart from a good first season he decided he was never going to jump for a header again despite being physically the best equipped player on the pitch to do that. You look at people like Barmby when he was playing who was one of the shortest players but won loads of headers through sheer effort and compare that to Folan, the guy was a joke. As for his injuries, as I've already said, he was forever getting mystery leg injuries and missing months at a time, not serious knee injuries, just unexplained 'leg' injuries. Basically a dead leg every time he took a knock. Any other player would get on with it but for Folan everything was a massive problem.

17. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Caleb was a massive let-down and ultimately a waste of space, he might have played well in that game where he was half concussed but maybe he was dreaming and actually pretending to be a 6foot striker for a change- if ever you wanted a refund on a million quid that was for him, saying that he was a good sub, played better when the defenders were knackered and couldnt scare him off

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

+1

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

It was far worse than that If you care to do some research or homework. Some people <doh>

20. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

To be fair I don't think it's just me and Premier League thinking that Tickler and am pretty sure there was plenty spoken about it on the old 606-