1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Caleb Folan

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by beverleytiger, Feb 4, 2012.

1. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Folans dead leg was more than just a dead leg. On the issue of him being popular Folan was like marmite. You either liked him or not. Ian Ashbee was another and i also remember the batterings on other sites that Michael Turner first got when he signed. Folan was not as bad as many make out. But that injury he got @ Blackpool did have an impact as to how he played. Even Deano has said that all he lacked was bravery. In a way i do agree. But
    Folan is in noway as bad as people think. Jeeeez, over the past 40 oidd years or so City have had much much worse.

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Criticising players for getting injured is absurd. As I said earlier, Folan's last game for City was one leg, he could have easily gone off and left the team with ten men if he'd been the sort of person you're accusing him of being.

For the record, I'm indifferent on Folan, but people ignorantly criticising players for getting injured really makes my blood boil.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You should listen to your saviour Phil Brown, he said most of Folan's injuries were in his head.

He even cried off on the morning of a match, because he said he was 'too tired to play', Brownie also said he was allergic to grass(though I think that was an attempt at humour).

He was decent in our promotion season, he was **** once we were promoted and his absences through injury were ridiculous.

4. Adamski

Adamski Member

Come on OLM tell us a name of a target its been a good 7 days since the transfer window closed I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If I didn't make it obvious enough, this is what I've been suggesting. His injuries never made sense like real ones.

6. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

...well Lambrini, since when have you been taking seriously anything from Brown's mouth?...or have you made them up as the alleged comments would appear to be defamatory, prima facie....I am surprised that a man in your exalted position has not been able to checknout Folan's standing within the club...you may get a surprise....perhaps MRI scans lie and serious injuries are not so and it's all in the mind...and why don't you just come out with your prejudices instead of using proxy quotes....

7. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

...you mean his injuries never made sense....like your comments...

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That was a tongue in cheek response directed solely at TWF, who thinks that all the utterings of Brownie were gospel, thus putting him at odds with his own view of Folan.

I'd appreciate it if you explained that 'prejudice' comment though.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Prima Facie, is that an Italian opera singer? Folans standing within the club? What a load of bollocks! TWF is always contradicting himself, after Pearson left he was on here telling people to 'get over it' just like he has got over his heroes Brown, Bullard, and now Folan it seems.