1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic BREXIT

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jun 21, 2016.

?

How will you be voting?

1. Remain

89 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Leave

104 vote(s)
    53.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Peter Hitchens is absolutely brilliant Charlie. I hugely admire and repsect his views.

My mrs was undecided until she saw summat about the snout in the trough Kinnocks. She's an OUT now.

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

?? You seemed to accept being ****ed either way, I didn't pick up on any element of opposition. I'll look back.

3. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

Your post has made me die a little inside Chazz.

4. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

Politicians come and go. They are accountable and we have the opportunity to vote them out, that means Cameron, Farage, Boris or Corbyn. We have no say whatsoever on the faceless, unelected beurocrats in Brussels. Can anyone on here name them? Explain how they got to their position of power? Tell us how to remove them if we don't like their policies?

5. Old Tige

Old Tige Well-Known Member

It was just one line, not a manifesto.

I wouldn't be allowed, by either the mods or the law to advocate here what form my own opposition may take.

But take it as said, I rule nothing out when it comes to protecting my own arsehole.

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I've seen nothing to suggest that Labour under Corbyn have an earthly of regaining the millions of working class voters that have abandoned the party in the last ten years. They are a party of zero credibility with no broad-based appeal to anyone outside their little circle of smug metropolitan Islington types.

originallambrettaman likes this.
  7. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

In or out regardless, so much money has been wasted on the campaigns, TV debates, advertising, etc. I know some is donated by supporters etc but we could just have a best of seven competition including 5-a-side football, a poetry recital, minigolf and a bake off.

FILEYseadog, GLP and BOJACKHCAFCMAN like this.
  8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Peter Hitchens, to give him his correct name, is far more honest than Toynbee and the left wing middle-class cabal on the Guardian. He expresses his contempt for Cameron and what the Tories have become unlike the left wing lickspittles on the Guardian.

9. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Whats this got to do with the EU referendum, this type of comment is why the no politics rule on here is a good one, don't want to read looney lefts and rabid righties mouthing off at each other thanks, would go to the Daily Heil or Guardian comments for that

Old Tige likes this.
  10. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

Same thing with this

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Yes, I asked.

Where did I say the American system was inferior? Both systems are democratic, yet flawed.

My point was that the argument Ellewod threw in was nonsense. I still do; Castro reasoned it, I don't need to. The other element of my point was that it amused me for an American to be telling us how to conduct our governance when his own process struggles to have credibility in the country it aims to serve.

12. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

Interesting what George Galloway has to say here. Most people are suspicious that Corbyn isn't quite being honest with us with regards to his EU stance, does this perhaps confirm it?

13. Barchullona

So you get a vote and it's a sham but direct responsibility for their own governance is the way for an informed populace? By informed do you mean that the information leads them to the same conclusions as you? What if the informed populace differs in its thought as to what should be done? How do you sort that out? Arm wrestling? A mass brawl with the last man standing the one who decides?

14. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Try reading the progress of the thread then you might understand the context.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Exactly. He says what he believes in and detests Cameron for the sham he is and always has been.
    I may not agree with some of the things he says but i respect someone who has the balls and believes in what he is saying.
    He also wiped the floor with the knobhead R Brand.

16. Barchullona

I was just putting a woefully ill informed Charlie right.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.
  17. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

I read the thread, you are making politically based comments with no reference to Brexit and why you would want out of the EU, stop derailing Chazzes nice thread

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You're on your own, then. :emoticon-0105-wink:

19. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Our system is clearly flawed and yours is also flawed. I doubt any system that governs any large group of people could be anything other than flawed. Having a conversation about you all in no way consitutes anything about our system. That is something you are just adding to your argument to deflect from the one I pointed out. If you want to have a convo about Texas or Northern California wanting to leave than thats a convo we can have. My original point was perfectly reasonable.

20. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

Very hard to comment on this without making a politically biased comment but I agree Corbyn probably isn't sharing his real views before the referendum for better or worse depending on which stance you take

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.