1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic BREXIT

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jun 21, 2016.

?

How will you be voting?

1. Remain

89 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Leave

104 vote(s)
    53.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

If vote remain wins can we all put our differences aside and club together and buy Boris a ****ing comb.

2. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I'm a definite in. You just have to look at some of the people advocating Leave & it's a no-brainer. Anyone who would side with Johnson, Gove, Farage, the right wing of the Tory party and the right wing press needs their head examining.
    Europe is by no means perfect, but it's much easier to improve it from the inside than in xenophobic isolation.

3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Nonsense.

4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I'll be buying a bunker, because we'll be ****ed.

No.

Not a ****ing placcy one.

Bloody woman.

Charlie1 likes this.
  5. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I'm voting in. There are good arguments on both sides and it's not as easy as saying we should 100% be in or out. Just a shame that the last few weeks have been spoilt by scaremongering and childish jibes towards each other.

6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

By that measure, you shouldn't vote because the alternative is the left wing press, which is as bad as the right wing ones, and you're agreeing with Corbyn and Cameron and Osbourne, 2 of which will be happy to kill the NHS off.

Aaaaaand the chant of the no decent argument or facts, playing the racist card.

I know I'm not xenophobic, nor am I a Little Englander. Its ****e like that from the hysterical side of the argument that's convinced me we need to be out.

KentTiger likes this.
  7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Just what do you see when you look at the ins?

8. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

Some reasons I'm in. Boris. Gove. Farage. Britain First.

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

More nonsense.

10. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

It's never been clear to why we need foreigners in the NHS to make it work. We are constantly lectured that the 'NHS would collapse without foreign workers'. Surely it's not ethical for our govt to cherry pick health professionals from other countries, many of whom need their medical expertise more than we do.
    Surely we can align university/vocational study courses with personnel needed in the NHS to create a win/win situation for future generations?
    I note that many of the ****s who want IN have a vested interest in keeping wages low, house prices high, building more houses, importing more of their relatives and making this country a more crowded and unpleasant place. I can't see how many people from Hull would favour an IN, and from anecdotal experience they don't.

originalminority and Kempton like this.

11. modnrock

modnrock Active Member

So easy to change EU from the inside all you have to do is convince the 27 other nations to vote your way and youve secured an immigration ban or the right to bent cucumbers... Cameron tried and got told to run home... Little Englanders bah!

12. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Bob Geldof, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, John Prescott, loads of Luvvies, left wing loonies are reasons I'm out.

originalminority and Kempton like this.
  13. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Jeez Charlie, I'm as broad-minded as the next fence-sitting voter but regardless of the outcome I'm buggered if I'm contributing to your dildo, hair-tidying device.

Get a grip, woman.

look_back_in_amber and Charlie1 like this.
  14. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

If you want to know what our media is saying they have been saying that the vote to leave will win. That NI, Scotland and Wales will all vote to stay but that the leave vote in England will be enough to carry the out vote. They have been saying that Wales will only just vote to stay, that NI will somewhat vote to stay and that Scotland will overwhelmingly vote to stay. Our media doesnt talk much about it, its not really a large concern here.

15. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I've always hated the EU and was sure I would vote leave if ever given the choice.

In the last week i've changed my mind and I'll be voting remain.

GlassHalfHull likes this.
  16. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Funniest of all is Cameron and Corbyn joining to warn us that IN will safeguard workers' rights and equality laws etc. That's Greece, Portugal, Spain, Poland (all freshly out of dictatorships in the last 50 years) telling us how to run our affairs and giving us the benefit of their vast political maturity.

17. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

But far from all accept it, which is my point, as yours is defeatist.

18. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

In my opinion the argument for staying in revolves around protection. Protecting our rights as workers (maternity/paternity pay, equal pay, paid leave, rest breaks etc). I think the Conservatives will rip apart the EWTD at the first opportunity. They've already started making it easier for employees to sack people.

Protecting us as consumers. Food labeling. The right to return goods to anywhere in the EU if it fails, up to two years after purchase. The right to cancel an agreement in the first seven days. Mis-leading advertising is prohibited & products must be safe. Consumers are free to take goods throughout the EU without paying excise duty on the goods.

Protecting & improving our environment. The Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive has ensured our rivers have improved dramatically over the last 30 years. We now have otters & other wildlife, once again, thriving in our waterways & countryside. Other legislation has ensured our sulphur emissions have been vastly reduced meaning the problem of acid rain has also reduce dramatically. 30 years ago most of our beaches would fail the Bathing Water Directive, now 98% of our beaches pass.

Protecting us from Conservative autonomy which would, without doubt lead to the, already started, complete dismantling of the NHS. The privatisation of schools & education. The eradication of unions & workers rights. The return to university places only for the privileged. Further badgering, bullying & intimidation of those claiming benefits. The protection of those avoiding paying their taxes whether through legal means or fraudulently.

Protecting us from Boris ****ing Johnson. There is a serious threat that the buffoon will become PM if we opt out. Think about it!

Unfortunately I also have a massive problem with how the EU is managed. It's not a democracy. The elected MEPs are not making the decisions, although they are claiming sufficient expenses & salaries to pay off the national debts of some countries. Important decisions are being made by bureaucrats, on inflated salaries, who are not elected & have secondary interests.

The EURO needs to be all or nothing. You cannot run a single currency through different treasuries. The value of the Euro needs to be consistent across all countries. A loaf of bread needs to be taxed similarly in Germany as it is in Greece as should a gallon of unleaded. A plumber should be paid & taxed similarly in France as he is in Italy. Inflation should be the same across all Euro member states as should interest rates. A single currency with different values is never going to work.

I liken the EU to FIFA. It's corrupt. It needs to be stripped to the core & rebuilt from the base. I doubt we can achieve this from the inside, being part of it. I think if we decide to leave the Dutch will follow suit & a cascade will follow. Hopefully that will lead to a rebuild.

I'm undecided, my head's telling me in, my other head's telling me out. I'll probably be swayed by a similar cockponce incident as the one displayed by that **** of a Councillor from Beverley today.

That's my ten cents worth, unless you're in Greece where it's 8 cents worth, Spain 7 cents, Germany 15 cents, Italy 11 cents, Netherlands, 13 cents or UK 2 pence.

19. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Definitely out out out.the e.e.c. is not a democracy.how could any brit want this to continue.turks will probably take Hessle road and hull city centre will become a no go area.

20. modnrock

modnrock Active Member

[QUOTE. But if we di need folk and id rather we didnt then best qualified than hoping an Albanian convict hsd a clever son.,City Man, post: 9375059, member: 1041114"]It's never been clear to why we need foreigners in the NHS to make it work. We are constantly lectured that the 'NHS would collapse without foreign workers'. Surely it's not ethical for our govt to cherry pick health professionals from other countries, many of whom need their medical expertise more than we do.
    Surely we can align university/vocational study courses with personnel needed in the NHS to create a win/win situation for future generations?
    I note that many of the ****s who want IN have a vested interest in keeping wages low, house prices high, building more houses, importing more of their relatives and making this country a more crowded and unpleasant place. I can't see how many people from Hull would favour an IN, and from anecdotal experience they don't.[/QUOTE]
    Agrerd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.