1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Goal Keeper.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John. Walkington., May 6, 2013.

1. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

What about pantilimon from man city?

2. BillyAskew

BillyAskew Member

I didn't know he had that many siblings, all I know are that some of his nephews/nieces are in Hull- could just be the one brother or sister here. I know nothing at all whatsoever about Oman but surely he would be better off in England for his football career. I wouldn't think he would be a first-choice for Liverpool. Very interesting, thanks for the reply!

3. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

There are stories around that he is looking to leave Man City for another Premier League (*) team. He wants to be 1st choice as he has lost his place in the Romanian team as the coach doesn't think he plays enough.

(*) such as us. haven't got over that yet.

4. city till i die

i would think it would be great to see vito back again in a tigers shirt

5. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

A lot of my mates are Wednesday fans and rate Kirkland very highly, they can't think of many errors he's made and I think he played all but one game this season, would be a good choice if he can stay fit and available for a 'cheap' amount by PL standards. Fulham can jog right on if they think they're getting £4M for Stockdale, bloody londoners and their stupid inflated prices.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The interview was with an Omani website or magazine, so it was more a case of "what are you missing most about Oman" rather than him making out he was upset. I was pointing it out more to suggest that his family are mainly back home, otherwise his answer would have been a two parter saying that he also had family here. I did only post the numbers to highlight that his parents had been busy, his dad was apparently the one that started the village football team as well. (the actual team, that's not a joke about the number of kids)

He'd have to be in with a shout of it at Liverpool when Reina goes. Liverpool are still a big name, but they're not a big 4 club any more, they're a side that struggles to qualify for Europe through League placing these days. Going from where he is a first choice it's really not that big a step up to be their first choice, especially if he gets his foot in the door as Reina's understudy this season coming.

7. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

I know we need a permanent keeper but the young lad at Chelsea Thibaut Courtois who has been on loan at Atletico Madrid is worth a look...was first choice for atletico and went 9 games at home without conceding in LaLiga! Chelsea must want him to get some experience in the EPL?

8. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Er, no chance.

He's playing at Athletico Madrid mate. If he's winning stuff there and playing all the time (domestically and in Europe) there's sod all chance he'll move to a relegation battling team over here.

If Chelsea want him to be at an English club, they won't go as far down as City.

9. mostynthecat

mostynthecat Active Member

Would I be correct in the assumption that a 1st choice keeper will be the first transfer target of us once the window opens (which is when exactly, does anyone know?), so hopefully we are all put out of our misery sooner rather than later and the "just name anyone who is 2nd choice/3rd choice at one of the top 4 clubs" speculation can be put to bed.

I can actually see it being a 26/27 year old european keeper who wants to play in the PL - maybe from a club from the Netherlands

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Esteban from AZ would be awesome. Or Malafeev.

11. tigersgonads

tigersgonads Member

Stick Vito and Robinson in the squad and let them fight it out

12. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Pantilimon for me

13. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

14. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

I couldn't see pantilimon turning us down, even though he's almost certain to win the fa cup, he doesn't want to stay at man city and playing for us in the pl would get back his romanian place

15. gtigerbackin hull

gtigerbackin hull Well-Known Member

Is Pantilimon out of contract this year? He cost Man' City £3 million, I'm sure we wouldn't want to pay anything near that for him.

16. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Would be more than happy to see Vito back here, but he was before SB's time here.
    So he has no affinity with him.
    Might have seen a few matches of him playing for Arsenal, nothing more.

As it is a priority to get a permanent signing in goal I would hope this would be sorted next week.

17. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

My great great great great grandads great great great great step daughters brother in law is a goalkeeper scout in Germany and I go watch loads of games with him. I'd take that hilarious gomes (don't know how to spell it) who used to be at spurs, he's a cracking goalie specially at commanding his area.

18. John. Walkington.

19. John. Walkington.

20. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member