1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Goal Keeper.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John. Walkington., May 6, 2013.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Active Member

2. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

indeed not after being a turkey internation and at 24, and after scoring in the champions league from open play <laugh>

3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Sinan Bolat is quality. Really surprised he's available on a free transfer, I mentioned him earlier in the thread as a potential target. If he's on a free, he'd be my first choice, he's way better than any of the keepers we've been linked with.

4. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

why's that?

5. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

6. Steven Toast

Not sure which bit you meant there so I'll apply your question to all the bits in my post....

I'm surprised he's available on a free transfer because he was the number 1 choice for one of the best teams in Belgium and has played most of his career for the same club, which shows consistency. I'd have thought another club would have come in with a pre contract before now.

He'd be my first choice because he wouldn't cost anything and at 24 has a few more years ahead of him than Schmeichel (although with keepers you can never tell). His reflexes are brilliant, he's loud and coordinates his defence superbly. He does have a tendancy to punch, but when he does it tends to either fly up the pitch away from goal or at least go out for a throw in (on purpose). His distribution is excellent (it has to be, in Belgium they like to play from the back and attack quickly) in both kicking and throwing terms. He's a player I've had a keen interest in from when I first started watching European football (I take more interest in goalkeepers because I used to be one, so I was always looking to learn from others) and I think he'd be a top signing for us if we could secure him.

7. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

good reply

but what do you rate chances of us getting or attempting to get old bolat?

8. Steven Toast

It depends on a couple of things I guess. One of course being the other clubs interested in him - if Besiktas make him a good offer, then we can't compete with them moneywise (not without breaking our wage structure) or reputation wise.

I'm not sure how much he was on at Liege, I imagine their players are on a fair bit; they managed to keep Steven Defour and Axel Witsel there for a while so I imagine they can offer players decent enough contracts. But the PL is very popular in Turkey, so that might work in our favour, plus he'd be guaranteed the number 1 jersey, which wouldn't hurt his international chances.

9. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

From what I have seen of him his reflexes are outstanding, with some impossible double saves. He does seem to be slightly uncomfortable catching the ball though which could cause a few problems. However, I would rather have a keeper confidently punch the ball than nervously try to catch it.

This is a fairly comprehensive video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbAHhgwPCv4

10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I would choose Westwood over Kirkland.
    Mannone
    Shmeichel
    Stockdale
    McGregor
    Westwood

11. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Paul Robinson is not expected to be 100% fit until september as he recovers from shoulder surgery. But as he is out of contract this summer and wont be able to ask for big wages then he would be a good call for us and back up to start with. Very much worth looking at imo.