1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Goal Keeper.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John. Walkington., May 6, 2013.

1. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Yes but they didn't have Bale firing 90 Mph shots at them in the championship either. What about Cudicini, even further down than Friedel at spurs!

2. neverdullinhull

neverdullinhull Active Member

Vito would be my No.1 choice with may be Kirkland as backup. As one for the future, may be worth keeping an eye on teenager Bond at Watford, I really rated his display at KC

3. BillyAskew

BillyAskew Member

Jakupovic would be ideally suited to the Premiership, goes down at the slightest touch and prone to exceptional howlers, who needs Robert Green or any other Premiership butterfingers?! Mannone would be my serious choice, he has a presence and also likes it up here, something we need to take on board before signing any mercenary types

4. TigersFan

TigersFan Well-Known Member

Swindon have scored!!! what an exciting game!

5. TigersFan

Swindon player sent off!

6. TigersFan

What a dive.

7. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member

Simon Moore was the hero in that semi-final for Brentford! Saved the penalty and collected everything in the air! Hopefully they lose in the final as that will ultimately push him closer to a move away in the summer, where I think we would at least be 1 of the clubs interested!

8. TigersFan

He looks decent.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

We were interested in January and were looking to do a deal whereby he was loaned back to Brentford for the season (at the time Jakupovic was doing ok). I expect we will go for him, but I doubt we'll get him, there are bigger clubs than us after him.

10. TigersFan

Theirs a report saying man utd were after him, Cant understand why tbh they have de gea.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I don't think they are totally convinced by Anders Lindegaard and obviously Ben Amos is 3rd choice and he isn't going to cut it. As Moore is young, I'm guessing they're looking for a back up for De Gea.

12. TigersFan

Think he'd rather go to a club that's he's gonna be no 1 at.

13. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

14. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

what are you on about ? does any of what you put relate to what you quoted . .

15. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Would be more than happy with Paul Robinson.

16. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Still without a club coming back from his knee injury. He's been speaking to various players including McFadden about what worked for them, and even to people involved with ballet about the psychological side of coming back from injuries like his. He's 30 and said he doesn't care if he has to start at the bottom, but he thinks he could do another 10 years and be playing at the very top again if he was given the chance.

Given the connection with Bruce, we could sign two younger keepers and bring Gordon in for training/coaching to see how his fitness is. It gives Gordon the day to day involvement he wants, our younger keepers some coaching/time working with a top keeper, and unless he signs a contract as a player he can join any club he wants if he's offered a deal. Even with the transfer and registration windows in the PL being stricter than in the Championship, if he was only on a coaching contract we wouldn't be committed to having or not having him as a player until March as he could sign any time (emergency loan window deadline in the Championship is free agent deadline for the season as well). That gives us a benefit in terms of being able to get dispensation to sign another keeper if one of the others gets injured ouside the transfer windows.

17. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Active Member

1. Simon Moore
    2. Al Habsi (if Wigan are relegated)
    3. Mannone

18. South West 'Ulltra

South West 'Ulltra Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. Why am I seemingly the only person to be happy if Stockdale was our number 1 in the PL? If we got him for £1million it'd be a great signing! Too many clubs in the Premier League when theyve gained promotion from the Championship change everything and it cocks right up. Look at QPR.

Keep things the same, the spine of the team. This is important. Stockdale is a key member of this.

19. BillyAskew

BillyAskew Member

Al Habsi has family in Hull, might welcome a move here, also he is a good keeper.

20. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How many of them though? He has 9 brothers and 6 sisters and when he did an interview before he said he was missing his friends and family back home in Oman.

btw, he was being targeted at the back end of last year by Liverpool so we might struggle to get him since Reina is expected to be a target for Barca for when Valdes leaves.