1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Whilst I am in total agreement Ell, do you need to bring religion into the discussion :emoticon-0102-bigsm

ellandback likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Clickbait journos do my head in. So at the risk of getting this entirely wrong, I am saying here and now:
    • We are not buying Divok Origi or even want him
    • Dittos for Adama Traore
    • Ditto for Dan James

3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I still think we like Dan James but he's well overpriced now scum want stupid money so even if we were still interested I think the price has finished it.
    As on Traore pretty much similar. someone made me laugh the other day and said why we chasing Traore he's just Helder Costa on steroids haha.

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

I don't think that's the case mate as I'm quite often deleting spam bots off general chat <ok>

ellandback likes this.
  5. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

i remeber Meeek and Overfield

Whitejock likes this.
  6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Bielsa may bring Raohinha more infield.

Can anyone else see this. Imagine Raph running at defenders?

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The government are on the brink of legislating that covid passports to be used in football matches. If this happens I have no doubt that there will be many season ticket holders who cannot have the vaccine due to other medical conditions where immunity suppressed and I will go further and say most of the disabled fans will also not have had the vaccine due to their condition.

Any views on this?

OLOF likes this.
  8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Thats just the start of it Doc, this tyrannical government are imposing a Communist China social credit system, there were massive protests all around the world yesterday, but you will not see any full reports on any MSM outlets, the French do not **** about when their liberties are being taken, even the french police and firemen joined in the protest, they should be called Lions not the British

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The more who don't have the jab the more chance of getting a ticket.<whistle>

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Can see Shaks in a wheelchair turning up to take the place of one of the disabled who cant get a jab. The cider wagon on the touchline <laugh><laugh>

Irishshako likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

12. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up on the posts.
    Thank you all for keeping the news flowing through the Summer.
    Some very exciting developments that will, hopefully, make us even more competitive next season.
    I read comments about where signings were going to fit in. The game now is about the squad, including the substitutes. Our bench wasn't as strong as we'd have liked last season so bulking up on players like Gallagher will give us more options to change a game. That's my thoughts anyway.

13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Wee discussion point.

I've started reading a Leeds book I was given for my birthday. I'm right at the start of the season & Kinnear was talking about the stadium development. The bit that caught my eye was him saying that we had to be in the PL for 3 years before we started work on it, so that we had a proven stable place in the PL, rather than be at risk of going straight back down whilst it was ongoing. I've clearly missed this key point & it explains to me why they didn't start doing anything whilst ER has been sitting empty.

Am I the only one that missed this v.important point? It's just occurred to me that he's perhaps since changed his position due to our success this year, but I certainly missed the original caveat.

blonogasoven and Marcos Barber like this.
  14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> ffs Doc, now I have to change my plan.<laugh>

Doc and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I volunteer to push him.

OLOF, Irishshako and ellandback like this.
  16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good evening from Blackpool fellow fans. Here till Tuesday as part of my old regimental reunion. Weather is good and we have the vertically challenged terrorist with us. She is providing the comedy moments and we can do the grand parents thing and let her eat junk all day.
    Just catching up on any news and just seen Alioski has taken the oil money and not turkish lira.

SIDDAS, ristac and Doc like this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looking like Bobby Kamwa is going to be released. He has played 2 games for Rotherham and spent a few days with them on trial. He isnt wanted by Rotherham, so hope he finds a club

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Yeah we were supposed to start work after seeing out 2 full seasons in the Prem and start work in season 3. Plans changed and moved forward from January when 49ers told us this. We now have plans changed from 50k to 60k because the yanks are confident we can fill it and also will not go down this season. i think we may see work commencing early next year when it should be confirmed that we will not be relegated. Think Bielsa was key to this and the yanks being confident he would be here this season

Whitejock likes this.
  19. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

yeah weird move that for Football reasons as its a big drop down in class. but, money wise its probably tied him and his family down.
    just looked at the club and they have a few ageing players Paulinho ex Spurs,Barca. Marlin ex Chelsea aswell as a few others.
    He will play week in week out and probably be a star player in that team.
    Guess Gjanni has went for the big payday in his last big contract and why not, good luck to him.

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator