1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Untenable position?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 9, 2021.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

And then City will sue all those involved in the flight:emoticon-0138-think

2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Football the game and football the business, just get further and further apart. Unfortunately, it's the business that's in the ascendancy.
    Another immoral example in the increasingly tarnished, beautiful game. Don't know which is the worst, football or politics.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At least in politics you get a vote - for football you just buy a ticket.

clingo likes this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Yes indeed through I suppose you have the option not to buy a ticket. <laugh>

aberdude likes this.
  5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Good luck with that then. 1 dead, 1 jailed, another one bankrupt. Just leaves the plane owner who apparently gave instructions not to employ the pilot. Does that detract from liability? I don't know.

If she has any assets worth grabbing it could be worth a go. But up to £20m? Doubtful.

6. ninian opinion

Seems a bit of a stretch
    upload_2022-12-10_9-45-46.jpeg

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

All a bit tenuous and gives the impression of straw clutching. Looks like a lawyers benevolent fund exercise with little chance of success. That's unless this action forces an of court compromise settlement with Millers in which case it may prove financially worthwhile.

The downside is the club could be throwing yet more money down the drain whilst alienating many in the footballing world who believe rightly or wrongly that we should accept the CAS ruling and walk away.

Personally I admire Tan for his business tenacity, whilst at the same time despairing of his lack of football nous. This club needs to be led by footballing men not just money.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  8. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I'm fully prepared to admit that I'm probably coming from an overly simplistic viewpoint, but a deal was done and Sala held the shirt aloft.
    This should have been sorted ages ago and I'm afraid I have no respect for Tan and his lawyers in regard to this sorry affair.
    Immoral in my humble opinion and another sad indictment on the modern "game".

9. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Some like me will not vote for garbage either.....me I've dumped both footy and democracy its all been ruined by big business

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    swantastic and clingo like this.
  10. Ledleysleftfoot

Ledleysleftfoot Well-Known Member

So I have multi-vehicle insurance to cover my wife's car and my car. I decide to buy a car for my daughter. Dad "what about insurance?" she says. "It's ok", I say, "my insurance will cover it". She's out and another car bumps into her door while she's parked and strangely enough the insurance company says she's not covered because I hadn't told them that I'd bought a new car and it hasn't been added onto the policy. I say to them "it's your fault that I'm not insured, you should have told me that I needed to tell you that I'd bought a new car"

Come on, who is the club trying to fool with this. They're just making themselves look even more stupid and crazy!!!

clingo likes this.

11. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

You're right it is crazy and made even more ridiculous by the fact that the club initially claimed that the player wasn't theirs. Seems to me that Tan is very selective with his high principles.

aberdude and Ledleysleftfoot like this.
  12. ninian opinion

This is more evidence of how the lunatics really do run the asylum <doh>

upload_2023-1-19_15-59-44.jpeg

aberdude likes this.
  13. BluefromBridgend

WTF!!!

If true, is that not insurance fraud?

swantastic likes this.
  14. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I've learned that there's more to most stories than meets the eye.
    However, the things that are meeting the eye on this subject, absolutely stink.

15. BluefromBridgend

Agreed Clingo. Only the bare headline to go on. More info needed.

clingo and Oldsparkey like this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Absolutely.

These sensationalistic headlines taken from the mailonline could be ridiculous and a gross distortion of the facts. Rather than "trying to insure Sala" after the tragic event as they put it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if CCFC contacted the insurer to confirm he was actually insured believing that he was.

It would be mind-blowingly crass to attempt to insure a dead (or at that time missing) person after the event. The way this has been set out by the media, that would amount to fraud and I can't believe even the dimwits footballwise running the club would be that stupid in a business sense.

17. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Club Statement | 19/01/23 | Cardiff (cardiffcityfc.co.uk)

There has been selective reporting today of the defence filed against the claim the Club has brought against its insurance brokers for doing their job negligently.
    The Club did not try to insure Emiliano after the plane crash.

All Cardiff City Football Club staff understood from its broker that all players were insured from the moment they were signed, and the case arises from learning they were not.

It will reply to the allegations made in the defence that are untrue, or portrayed out of context, in the court proceedings and will not litigate this case in the media.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Spot on. <ok>

19. BluefromBridgend

BBC Wales News jumping on the bandwagon now in their reporting of the issue.

Emphasis given to City's apparent after the event claim with no use of the word "allegedly".

City's response quoted in part at the end but the damage was already done.

20. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I'm probably being thick again but how is any of this the fault of Nantes? If as the club now insist that they thought he was insured prior to the tragedy, then they are acknowledging that he was our player.
    I understand that the press will go for sensationalism over accuracy but surely wasn't there a moral imperative to have paid Nantes? The insurance issue is surely our problem not theirs.
    The reputation of the club is being dragged further and further into the depths.