1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Olympics

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by El_Bando, Jul 28, 2012.

1. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

2. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Told you football was dead now after the Olympics happend!

Nobody gives a **** about these tossers anymore as it's evident they have half the talent of Narain and a hundred times the arrogance of all the F1 drivers combined.

3. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Why would millionaire footballers give a damn about the fans?

4. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

Perhaps this is why they behave so appallingly? Because their idols treat them with such utter contempt?

5. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I very much enjoy football and play 5 a side every week, but I rarely watch football these days.
    Playing with mates is what the game should be in my mind, the only fouls are accidents, no one dives, we don't feel the need to abuse each other and without a referee we are quite able to to get along without any cheating.

My next door neighbour used to have a Man U season ticket and when he couldn't go he gave it to me so I got to enjoy many a game, but sadly due to the never ending cheating I just can't watch it any more.

For a start they should book a play if he swears at a ref, the game would be a mess for a month or so but they'd soon get the idea that being sent off after 10 minutes because the ref didn't fall for your dive isn't ideal.

I always was and now I am even more pro-Olympic spirit! Yes there are cheats in the Olympics, but rather than being idolised they are often given bans that can last for years.

6. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Just saw Alex Zanardi marching out in the paraolympic ceremony. Thats just brilliant that he gets to still compete at a high level after his accident. I wish him all the best!

7. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

He actually became a wheelchair racer then? I know he was attempting it.

Credit to the man, numerous horrible incidents, but as the saying goes "You can't keep a good guy down".

8. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

I knew he dabbled in it. I read something about it and I think he got some big backing from BMW

9. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

I'm enjoying the Paralympics as much as the Olympics shame Channel 4's coverage is just incredibly ****.

No mention here of the brilliance of Mo Farah or that famous leap of 8.31 from Greg Rutherford or Nicola Adams historic women's boxing gold or even the Track Cycling team who Team GB dominated out of 10 events(Men and Women) they got something like 7 Golds 1 Bronze and 1 Silver and in the other one Vicky Pendleton and Jess Varnish got DQ when certain to bring home Gold. Instead we are discussing English football which is quite frankly appalling and we've known that since Euro 96.

In terms of the Olympics I've seen(Sydney, Athens and Beijing) and I'm extremely bais as I'm British and a Londoner these are the BEST ever simply for 3 reasons : 1. We didn't try to copy Beijing 2. Crowd support for our athletes and others to a certain extent(80,000 on first Athletics session at 11am) 3. Athens pre sold 1,000 Paralympic Tickets. Beijing 5,000. London 2.3 million says a lot about how Disability Sport is viewed by the British Public.

All in all London delivered but more importantly Great Britain delivered.