1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Good to see your fans last night.

All the best for the last game lads. Hope it's a great day for your club.

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Oh well, we did our bit but we shouldn’t have left it in other peoples hands to save us. You can point at numerous moments during the season where sheer calamity has put us in this position, along with poor management from Rodgers, but the defining moment for me is Maddison’s penalty against Everton.
    It’ll be interesting to see who stays next season and who is in charge, on the plus side my son is eyeing up a load of new grounds to visit.
    We’ve had a good run, and we’ll come again, Premier league champions, Champions League quarter final, FA cup winners and the Charity Shield are a good haul for eight years, let’s just hope the next chapter in the top flight begins sooner rather than later.

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

So we are combatants again which is barmy given the huge gulf between our respective squads and infrastructure but that’s football.

I’m old enough to recall Leicester being 3 times bridesmaids at Wembley in the 1960’s; but all that pain was eroded by the PL & FA Cup win in recent years so it’s taking the rough with the smooth - I fully expect Leicester to bounce straight back up.

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Cheers fella ... life moves on and looking forward to the campaign already <cheers>

ninian opinion likes this.
  5. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Hard to know where to begin ... we weren't 'unlucky' today - we really shouldn't have been in that position if the club had better management both on and off the pitch...

Serious overhaul needed - but plenty of reasons for thinking that we can bounce back ...

Get rid of the dead wood, the uncommitted and the complacent... time for a new generation to step forward and carry the club back to the heights we have achieved not that long ago ...

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

While it might have been official this weekend we weren't relegated as a result of the last round. We all now of the various calamities stretching back the last couple of years but as others have said, lets look forward. This is the fifth or sixth relegation i can remember and it doesn't take long to get the itch and love back. Our squad will look drastically different but I do hope James, Barnes and KDH are till here. What with Braybrooke and Alves and some other good young signings we will be strong next season, Im sure of it.

7. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I think the key to next season will depend on who we appointment as manager. The Championship is no gimme. There will be lots of teams looking to take us down because of our recent successes, so we will need someone who has the respect of the players and gets them in a totally new frame of mind to really compete. Hopefully the board has been putting out feelers ever since Rodgers was sacked, because the time between now and the start of next season is short. We need the right person in the role as soon as possible so we have time to put most of the pieces in place before the new season starts.

The second most important thing will be to make sure that Top and the rest of the board acknowledge the mistakes they made and have a plan to make sure this doesn't happen again. Reading the article about Rodgers' plan to rebuild for the start of last season and the list of players he wanted out before entering the last year of their contracts revealed a huge gap in communication between manager and board, which I found really surprising. I thought the relationship was tighter than that.

Thirdly, the players have to stand some of the blame. The one difficulty I have there is the fact that some of the players who could perhaps have made a difference were constantly overlooked, while too many big names strolled around the pitch without a care.

And finally, if there is a God out there, please don't let Cov beat us next season.

8. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Genuinely sorry that you guys just missed out. But you'll have a great season next year and bounce straight back.

HarboroughFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Everyone of the ****ers now bleating about being 'sorry' and all those remaining silent and in hiding, should be made to look at this ...

upload_2023-6-4_9-58-55.png

This is what it means to those that love the club and pay a large sum of their disposable family income to watch a bunch of feckless money grabbing ****s ...

Don't give us your platitudes and faux grief ... instead do something meaningful to restore us to a league we should never have fallen out of with the squad that we had ...

Wouldn't it be great to see even just one committing to staying to help us back and perhaps taking a cut in a ridiculous amoral weekly wage that dwarfs the annual salary of the vast majority of the country?

Rant over :mad:

10. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Who will be our next manager? I am not a fan of Smith etc etc. and Gerrard is a big no no as far as I am concerned!
    me personally, now that we are not a premier side anymore, I would like to see a hungry young up and coming manager
    the one that I would like us to go for would be someone like Steven Schumacher from Plymouth given a chance.

11. leicesterlove

Definitely not Gerrard. We’re p!ssing inthe wind thinking Potter will join us. I’d try for a manager who is already in the league so knows a bit about what to expect. What I saw of Blackburn in the cup against us makes me think Tomasson might be worth a punt. They pressed well and played nice football. It’s a big decision and one we need to get right.

Barwellfox likes this.
  12. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Mark Robins?

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Put a shout out for him on the back of his tactical dismantling of Brenda and us in the FA Cup ....

14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson?

15. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Why go backwards, the club needs to move forwards now?

FosseFilberto and HarboroughFox like this.
  16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

So only Victor Kristiansen has committed to the fight to get out of the Championship... <laugh>

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Seems a little strange that there is no official word from the club on Tielemans joining Villa, despite it being plastered all over the media ...

18. leicesterlove

I’ve had a few Villa fans baiting me with the supposedly inevitable signing. Now he’s leaving it really doesn’t bother me, he downed tools months ago. Seems sad after his cup final goal.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  19. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Indeed... if he'd signed a one year extension and enabled us to recoup a transfer fee, he would have left with a lot of goodwill ... in contrast, despite THAT goal, he leaves with very little...

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Claudio Ranieri just got Cagliari promoted to Series A through the Italian ply-offs ....

Bring him back!!!