1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The FM23 thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Gregm1988, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

Bednarek is very highly rated on the game for some reason. Or both is and isn’t

I forced him out of a Middle Eastern club because they were the only ones to pay a proper fee but within a year he got signed back to Europe for more than I sold him for. And my fans were upset when I sold him

The fans are massively unreasonable on this game and I don’t know is that is just an accurate read on saints fans or whether they are like that for every side /s

Slightly struggling to bring through young players whilst challenging near the top of the league. A lot of the top attacking ones are going to drift as there simply isn’t the chance. And I have lots of young attacking players I signed as well.

Also any half decent player will only sign a contract as an “important player” or “regular starter” and so now everyone is moaning. Even though they are all so knackered and the match load is so heavy (Gegen press as well) that I have to rotate

Strikers I have Adams, Adamu, Mara and Broja (and Fofana as well).

Wide I have: Norwegian wonderkid whose name I can’t spell, Asprilla (who is struggling to kick on due to game time), Fofana, Edozie and a chap called Rodri

Edozie is slightly kicking on but still 2.5 stars. And then I have Dibling, JJM, Amo-Ameyaw, Edwards and Ballard who will struggle to break through it seems whilst maintaining expectations. And some quite promising attacking regens as well. And Doyle who doesn’t fit the system. Weird thing to complain about I guess!

Left back - Larios just isn’t kicking on and I haven’t upgraded Perraud and it is starting to show. For some reason my full backs get into crossing positions and keep checking back rather than just crossing. Need to try and work out why that is

I also get an absurd amount of yellow cards and really early in every game. And I don’t have “get stuck in” ticked

2. Gregm1988

Was a restart necessary? I have just carried on. What does restarting change?

The home and away part is surely random. I stick by the point that is clearly set up to be harder for smaller teams to cause a surprise. I don’t really like the format and had forgotten it was coming in real life

3. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

The new rules on U18 transfers kinda cramp my style. Part of the way I generally restrict myself is by signing no one over the age of 21 (beyond the occasional backup keeper) past the second season, and trying to create a squad consisting mostly of newgens as quickly as possible. Has the paradoxical effect of likely making it much easier to succeed early in the game, because I can't sell half of my first team in order to afford a bunch of 17 year olds that I immediately throw into the lineup.

4. Gregm1988

I thought AFCON was now moving to the summer. My squad is about to lose a few key players.

As to backup keepers - I find them very hard to find. Anyone half decent seems to get unhappy. Not really sure how you find someone who is happy to be backup

5. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Yeah I only have something like 8 players over 21 in my title winning squad. Unfortunately playing a bunch of kids in real life doesn’t have the same effect

6. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I know not the point of the thread and don’t wanna derail, but agree on the CL format for next season.

The thing is, this was all done on the back of the ESL stuff and despite everyone moaning that the ESL was awful, a closed shop, only benefitting the big teams (which is def did), no one bothered to have the same reaction when Uefa ended up doing an almost identical thing and making it large groups like the ESL did, and given big teams much more of a chance of going through as now play more games so in theory the smaller teams can’t sneak 2 wins and potentially go through like they can in a 4 team group atm.

Once again, uefa ****ing up a comp but as they have a monopoly on European football, can just do what they like.

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Casually going into season 3 with a Ward-Prowse/Verratti middle pairing (got Marco V on a free too).

8. Gregm1988

Incredibly Diallo is still worth keeping around in my third season. My midfield options are almost what they were at the start with the addition of Yangel Herrera. I didn’t go for a massive upgrade at DM because I wanted to persist with Lavia

Replacing JWP (mainly the set pieces) is going to be tricky I think

I don’t like that all of City’s buy backs are unlimited. I hope that isn’t true in real life. And there doesn’t seem to be a way to “cheat” to remove them via the editor

9. Le Tissier's Laces

Rather brilliantly in my save, Liverpool sacked Klopp and decided to hire Guardiola (who had left City at the end of the previous season).

Guardiola stayed at Anfield for a grand total of 2 days until resigning to take the Spain job!

SaintinNZ, ChilcoSaint and tomw24 like this.
  10. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

11. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Poor bastard.

upload_2022-11-18_22-2-58.png

12. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

You can absolutely remove them using the editor.

13. Gregm1988

Yes I worked out how. It was in a place I didn’t expect

14. Le Tissier's Laces

Finally got Endrick, at all of 18 years of age. Going up top alongside Vitor Roque, with Marcos Leonardo on the bench.

15. SaintsCookie

SaintsCookie Active Member

Vitor Roque & Che are alternating as my loan striker, working pretty well so far - Che has 11 goals by Jan & Roque has 5

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I'm retraining Endrick to play wide, because my Large Adult Son newgen needs to play up top. Sorry Endrick, if you want to play striker, try being 6'6" with ridiculous technical skills at age 18.

17. Le Tissier's Laces

I screwed up with Roque and forgot he had an £85m minimum fee release. Bloody Newcastle just came in with it, so my dreams of having the Brazilian front three for the next ten years are shattered.

18. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

What is best in life? Conan : To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Counterpoint: to watch Mourinho bolt from England (!?) to take the Man City job, only to get fired 7 months later with them in eighth place.

upload_2022-12-1_2-53-31.png

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  19. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just bought it off Amazon for £30. And given I had £22 left from a Christmas voucher it really only cost me £8. <diva>

20. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

Do you just pay for the key or are you waiting for the hard copy too arrive?