1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Tottenham

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Ive never ever called for Mahrez to leave. I was gutted when he left. IMO best player to ever pull on a Leicester shirt bar none

2. Proud Fox

Im not even going to debate Messi with you as you dont have a leg to stand on. Messi could play anywhere on the pitch and still be the best player

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Eh?

I'm say that's playing without a striker isn't negative and using Messi at Barcelona an example and have no clue what you are on about <confused>

4. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Not saying you did Proud. Just saying there were fans actually screaming for him to leave, just because he hardly tracked back to help Simpson. I told them then that they will miss the pleasure of him wearing our shirt when he does eventually leave. I agree with you, the best player to wear the blue of Leicester :)

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is what I have been saying for a while - oro last two seasons were awful but people seem to have forgotten them.

6. Proud Fox

Your the one who doesnt have a clue mate. Your trying to compare Demarai Gray to Lionel Messi

Messi scores more in a season then Gray probably will in his career. Dont compare Messi to him mate as you look stupid doing it

7. Proud Fox

So that means we should just be happy with Clueless Claude and accept his diabolical piss poor decisions?

A few weeks ago it was “Leicester are 7th what can they possibly expect”

Now you said yesterday “Puel’s sole aim is to keep us up”

Jesus christ you cant see the wood for the trees. You see nothing wrong in Puel and cant ever admit and accept he has got something wrong. He gets alot more wrong then he does right and that is a poor manager

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I watched the Man Utd game with a bunch of their fans and can tell you they were ****ting themselves throughout it and was glad when it was over.

From looking at Spurs comments and messages from my doors supporting cousin, they were doing the same.

I agree though that it is the results that ultimately matters in the end.

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

What the hell are you on about?

All I'm saying is not playing a striker isn't negative - where am I comparing Gray and Messi?

So making up arguments - you are looking stupid doing it <doh>

10. HarboroughFox

A few weeks ago when we were 7th, people were moaning about how poor our performances were, although we got results. They wanted better football to watch. We've got that now, but losing games. As I said a few weeks ago, I would rather win 2-1 playing average football, than lose 4-3 playing decent football.

11. Proud Fox

Gray is the one playing out of position. Your the one who compared him to Messi. Not me

Back to the original point your cant admit or accept. Not playing a striker is a negative tactic. Pure and simple

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No I am not - no idea why you are fixated on that <laugh>

And again to my original point but without naming any players this time - Barcelona play without a striker so are they negative?

13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

We are so much better. And tbh we have more prospects probably than those above us up to Wolves. The downside is of course the vultures ripping our squad apart

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No - just that you should look at the big picture but your absolute hatred of Puel is stopping you from seeing the forest altogether.

I have never said I am happy and am looking forward to Puel leaving but until then I will look on the bright side of life.

15. Proud Fox

The problem is how we set up with Mendy and Ndidi. Neither are very good on the ball and cant pass it forwards and as a result we are slow and lethargic on the ball

I think Tielemans for Mendy made us look much much better. Problem was everything today happen in front of around their backline as Gray kept drifting out wide. When Vardy came on we threaten down the middle much better

Today our finishing let us down. Our best finisher was on the bench which cost us

Playing Gray upfront and bringing Iheanacho onto play on the wing is a joke. Play them in their proper positions and they might start to develop some consistency

16. HarboroughFox

"Play players in their proper positions" I fully agree with you and I have said that for years. How would you feel if you were a right winger and you sat on the bench whilst a striker played on the right!? I hate it when players have been "fitted" in to the team because of their name.

Proud Fox likes this.
  17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone is disputing that we should start as we did but with Vardy up front. Our goal was a thing of beauty and how I think we can get success against the parked buses at home. If he can do this I’m hopeful still. Happy with the settled back 5 and I thought Ndidi looked a different player with Tielemans not Mendy. There were so many positives today for going forwards, that’s all we are saying. Then again Puel just as easily could put Morgan and Mendy back in which would infuriate me. Next selection is key

18. Proud Fox

Big picture is

We havent beaten any of the sides below us since November 3rd

We have won 4 games at home all season scoring 13 goals

We are 17th in the form table

We are 15th in the home table

We have scored the first goal in 7 of 26 games this season

We play with no strikers or 3 defensive midfielders at home to clubs in the bottom 3

He puts weakened sides out in the quarter final in the cup

We have conceded more goals (10) in the opening 15 mins. Nearly double the amount of the next team (Newcastle 6)

Players want out. Kasper Schmeichel does and maybe Maguire by the sounds of it

We play slow boring football

The atmosphere at home games is toxic

But her. Your “bigger picture” through your rose tinted specs must be much better

19. Proud Fox

Absolutely Bang on. How did Vardy, Okazaki and Iheanacho feel watch a winger up front and then how did Gray feel watching a striker come on the play on the wing!?!

HarboroughFox likes this.
  20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We've have had these arguments so many times and it is boring.

I actually remember the last two seasons so I am not up in arms like you because accept it or not, we are in a better position then we were then.

I also have nothing personal against Puel like you seem to have and have accepted that he is here for time being and then will be replaced when our targets are available in the summer - seriously you think that he is a cancer that will cause the end of the club?

I like how you only argue with me and no one else like @JohnTheFox whose post I was agreeing with but too bad, while I'm not happy with this season I'm not going to join you in your misery.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019