1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Tottenham

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 7, 2019.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’m very much of the view, give us an alternative who will do all the good things Puel would and add to it. If no such alternative is available then stick. Some people seem to think this magical option is there. Suggestions of Benitez/Dyche etc are a joke, they would take us backwards. I see Howe mentioned, unrealistic name imo and also inconsistent and prone to his team taking hammerings (wouldn’t take many of these for our fan base to turn).

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Because John has accepted Puel has made some mistakes. You dont. Doesnt matter what he does you just bang them drum that but last year but the year before. Its irrelevant. Right now this second we are going backwards with him

And to imply I have forgotten Vichai died is poor from you. No Leicester fans will ever forget Vichai

You cant even admit not playing a striker is a negative mood and started bringing Messi and Barcelona into it

Man City are smashing Chelsea and who has scored the goals? Oh yeah a striker. Aguero has his 2nd hat trick in 2 games

Because strikers sniff goals out and get i to positions where they can score and then have the ability and killer edge to score. Like Vardy did today and Gray missed his

I dont blame the players too much for today. Yes Barnes missed some easy chances but he needs to keep playing. I think he needs a goal to really feel like a Leicester and Premier League player. I dont want to see him dropped which he probably will. Gray cant play as a striker. Has never ever shown us anything to suggest he can

There is a cloud over the club whether you like it or accept it. That cloud will only lift when Puel goes as regardless of what you think he has lost the fans and wont ever get them back now. Just like he did at Southampton and Lyon before

Some or the title winners have behaved poorly at times Drinkwater and Mahrez refusing to play forcing moves and alot of the rumoured stuff behind Ranieri’s sacking

If Puel leaves today he has left behind a young squad that is lacking clear leadership. His remit from the start was to develop the squad and achieve acceptable results and performances while doing it. To some degrees he has done that but he has failed on many others

As for “my misery” I can praise people when they get things right but when they are due criticism I will give it to them. No be too ignorant to accept others views and see what really happening

As ive said before. We have different views but want the same thing. Doesnt make your opinions any more or less valid then mine.

3. Proud Fox

Alot of the time names come out of nowhere and get the job. Ranieri and Puel seemed to come from nowhere to get the job

Brendan Rodgers is the number 1 choice by the sounds of it and reports he will be up for it when his contract runs out at the end of the season. He wont get a top 6 job (Like Eddie Howe) so after them we stand as good a chance of anyone of getting him

I think of the current prem managers there is alot of negative tactical managers about. Sarri, Puel, Benitez, Mourinho aswell recently

I can forgive Rafa as he has a **** squad with little backing but he has always been negative. Thats why Real Madrid fans hated him.

I want a manager to come in who will develop us like Puel (which is why I have said many times he would make a superb director of football) but at the same time have a go at teams. Take them out. Howe might take a few beatings but they give a few out aswell and given his budget at Bournemouth he is working miracles

But as much as fans say but who else is there. We never know at times as we dont know who in jobs will be interested and how far the club is prepared to look for a manager

Man City wanted Pep for years and waited for him. Who knows maybe we wanted someone and just using Puel as a stop gap

4. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

It was a strange decision to give Tielemans his debut and then not play Vardy. After all, if Vardy is our main goal threat, then hasn't Tielemans been brought in to help create chances for him? If there is a personality clash there then Topp has to sort that out.

I don't care if we play with an out and out striker or not. If we could fashion a winning team by having a midfield that can attack together from deep and score enough goals to defeat the opposition, then I'd be happy. But I don't think we have a midfield that is anywhere near capable of that.

We have put in some good performances of late and created lots of chances but have paid the price for bad finishing. The concern for me is that points are slipping away rapidly now and we have to be careful that confidence and morale don't start to plummet in some players, otherwise the manager will almost be forced to make changes to try and rectify the situation, but actually make it worse. Barnes looks to be the one suffering most at the moment, but even Maddison has been snatching at chances.

We badly need any kind of win at the moment just to give ourselves some breathing space, and it has to be at the expense of teams below us.

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

What are you on about now? Why are you portraying me as this Puel fanboy who thinks the sun shines out of his arse? Do you take my lack of pure vitriol as happiness?

I don't accept Puel makes mistakes? I have called him out many times - I have argued with you many times for him keeping the likes of Morgan and Simpson in the team for example. Is it because I question you when you are saying things like "we going backwards with him" and keep on bringing up that the last two seasons we were in the relegation zone and this year we aren't? Is it because I am willing to let him leave at the end of the season instead of getting rid of him now? I don't want the likes of Wagner or Allerdyce here which is what is available.

Should I join you in and call Puel a tumour that needs to be removed and things like that if you don't think I am being harsh enough?

Why do you still see our formation in a negative light when you seen it in action - last time we played Gray as a striker we were awful and I openly said that at the time and would have if I was able to post here when I saw the formation but this time we attacked much more and had more shots against Spurs more then any other team this season. Isn't that a good thing? Should we have played with an actual striker? Maybe but we have none in form so wasn't it worth changing things up rather then sticking with the same old ****?

Why won't you blame the players for today - they are the ones actually on the pitch. You mentioned before that we should drop under performing players but then you would give a pass to the likes of Vardy who has done **** all in the last couple of games, doesn't like the system, apparently swore at the manager, and allegedly causing a negative atmosphere around the team? Sure he scored but he also missed a penalty - isn't that worthy of some condemnation or is that also the manager's fault? Could maybe being dropped have caused him to perk up his performance?

I said straight that I blame Maguire for their opening goal, Barnes for his misses and Vardy for his penalty - if they had done better we would have won. Is that wrong or is the blame solely on Puel?

You mocked me because you somehow thought I was comparing Gray and Messi and you then compare Aguero with any of our strikers? <doh>

You are quick to condemn Puel for always playing 2 DMs but he didn't today - isn't that worthy of some praise?

I edited my post straight after as mentioning Vichai was crass but the sad fact is that it has had a massive effect. If he was still here then I don't think Puel would be but the upheaval in the boardroom means that we are just waiting for Top to get himself together and make a decision - most likely it will be in the summer as we will play it safe and have a replacement then.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  6. Proud Fox

Many things

1. Vardy is the most likely the score and proved it yet again. Granted he hasnt been in form so play Iheanacho and give the poor lad a chance in his actual position. Playing a striker on the wing and winger up front worked wonders today

2. Stop acting like a Puel “fanboy” then. You attack my views because they dont fit your. Disagree by all means but when you attack my opinions you come across as a “fanboy”

3. Wasnt comparing Aguero to anyone. Purely highlighting the fact its be very well known in football for a very long time striker tend to score more goals then any other position on the pitch

4. No one wants or asked for Wagner or Allardyce. There is many other and better managers out there

5. Players missed peno. Maddison’s last 2 was shocking. I dont ever rant at peno takers unless they do something stupid (Yann Kermorgant or Maddison in the shoot out for example) they have the balls to step up when no one else was hardly asking to take it

6. Praise Puel for taking 26 games to realise we dont need to play a minimum of 2 holding midfielders a game?

7. Sacking Puel wouldnt create the turmoil in the boardroom you believe. Just follow Man U’s example. Short term fix and have a proper look in the summer. Enough managers out there who know and understand the club and are available. Purely as short term there is Nigel Pearson, Neil Lennon, Michael Appleton just to name a few

He sacked NP at OH Leuven last week after all

And finally on the Vichai comment. Its extremely poor taste to use him. Puel did it a few weeks ago. I havent and wont ever use Vichai’s death as a stick to hit Puel with or to defend him.

7. Proud Fox

On the Vardy taking the peno I dont blame anyone. Had Maddison took it and missed it everyone would have bashed Puel for Vardy not taking it. Me personally if I was the manager I would have let the players sort it which they didnt really. They all looked around bemused and at that point I would have said to Vardy your taking. So I dont blame Puel for that

For that decision I dont and wont blame Puel. I know we have a young team but Gray made his 100th Prem appearance today. Maguire has scored a few in shootouts for us

Its time the attacking players started standing up and making themselves count. Im not blaming Barnes too much. The 3rd he has to score. The other 2 was abit harder but should have at least hit the target. He probably needs a goal to feel like he belongs. He has to start next week IMO. These are the games we brought him back for and when we can see what he really brings

8. Proud Fox

The Tielemans Vardy one is strange. But he didnt half pick some passes out. Looks a proper talent

Reminds me when we used to sub Slimani or Ulloa on and bring Albrighton off

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

So this boils down to "only my views are correct"
    Nice of you to practise what you preach.

10. Proud Fox

You obviously dont understand what that saying means. Any more or any less means they mean exactly the same

Happy to clarify

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This started from you jumping on a comment I made to someone else and making half page rants - I have no idea why you seem to deliberately seek me out for daring to think differently to you and it is tiring repeating the same **** to you over and over.

If this is causing you so much misery then just stop watching or something - stop trying to drag me down with you.

12. Proud Fox

Again as ive said many times. You take this too serious and personal. Im not against you in anyway. Just dont agree with your opinion likewise you dont with mine

We all makes rants about things we care and are passionate about. If I just said oh well we lost again something would be wrong

We have different opinions so different opinions naturally clash. Just a fact of life

There is no “seeking you out”. And football causes all of us misery but it always brings us joy that not many other things in life can do as hobbies

“Not trying to bring you down with me” or anyone else for that matter. Im not going “down” anywhere.

As I said a min ago which you got confused about. Our opinions are worth the same. Were both passionate but have different views on our club at the moment. Next season we both might agree on things alot more. Whether you are for or against Puel you have to understand and appreciate he has divided the fanbase like no other Leicester manager for a long time

We dont agree on things but lets not make out there is a vendetta against you or me. Its a forum. We debate views, opinions, matches, signings, managers etc

If we all agreed on everything then there would be no point to being on here <ok>

BigFox likes this.
  13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I agree with this post at least.

Take care mate - sos if I antagonised you too much.

14. Proud Fox

You dont antagonise me. Were all passionate about our club. We all want it to be successful. We just have different views on the road the club should take towards success

One positive out of today. I think we all will agree on the starting line up next week. Vardy for Ghezzal and go again against Palace

15. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I thought Ghezzal actually did okay today. If anything, Vardy for Gray against Palace.......just saying :emoticon-0136-giggl

16. Proud Fox

I think he did ok today. I think what isnt helping Gray and Ghezzal is they go from playing left wing to right wing to down the middle. Leave them in 1 position and give them a run of games

Ghezzal should start 4 or 5 games on the spin. Work out can he offer us something going into the future or do we cut our losses on him in the summer?

17. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Don't see us getting rid of anyone near the first team in the summer, or those that come off the bench regularly. We surely have to get rid of those that have no future first. Okazaki, Simpson, Fuchs, King, James, Silva to name a few. I guess some of these are out of contract anyway.

18. Proud Fox

Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, Okazaki, Silva, Slimani, James, King and Jakupovic should be moved on. Problem then is we are short on numbers and will need to sign loads of players which rarely ends well in the long run

19. Proud Fox

20. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Six of the starting eleven 22 or younger plus Maguire and Ricardo early/mid 20s and Iheanacho and Choudhary on the bench. We don't have the experience or guile to break down experienced prem defenders. Yet. I don't like the result but couldn't really fault that performance from an away side. I think we will reap the rewards of Puels work, or project, in years to come if we can keep the majority of this side together.