1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer '24 transfer window

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Scout73, Mar 7, 2024.

1. alcoauth

alcoauth Well-Known Member

I think Theo Bair is a runner with good physical attributes, but he isn't Ross Stewart, who I would put in the Sheringham/Berbatov/Bergkamp category, not as good as those though obviously.

2. vinkel

vinkel Well-Known Member

Won’t go down too well with some on here but I would go for another goalie to challenge Pato.

Dorset, FellTop and Bob the Mackem like this.
  3. mick65

mick65 Well-Known Member

Tidied

4. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Patto won’t get any higher I don’t think. He’s canny fit this level but not higher. They’d be onto his kicking like a shot.

5. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

Look at Brest in France that's how to coach on a shoestring, oh and look who's the manager.

Wayne the Punk likes this.
  6. TeamOfTalents

TeamOfTalents Well-Known Member

Surprised you haven't mentioned him before <laugh>

Southern A likes this.
  7. Bob the Mackem

Gud un mate love him here, he'd sort speakwoman out

TeamOfTalents likes this.
  8. Bob the Mackem

Is Theo strong enough for this league, Burpstow is same size but weak as piss

9. alcoauth

What I would do in the summer:

Goalkeepers
    Anthony Patterson, keep unless offers in excess of £12m are made.
    Nathan Bishop, keep as cover/competition.
    Alex Bass, one year left on the contract after this season, try and recoup a small fee.
    Adam Richardson, keep and continue to develop in the u21s.
    Matt Young, ideally a season long loan with Darlington or a club higher up if there is interest.

Defenders
    Niall Huggins, injured until the summer, rehab him ready for pre season and reintegrate him into the first team. Contract up next summer, consider renewing him.
    Dennis Cirkin, due back next month, would be nice to see him in the squad before the season is over. Keep around.
    Dan Ballard, probably our best player, keep unless a huge offer is made.
    Tim Pembele, not sure yet as we've barely seen him, hopefully he gets a run in the team so we can determine if he has a long term future here. Potential loan out.
    Luke O'Nien, keep around, versatile, knows the club well and has become a bit of a talisman for the club.
    Jenson Seelt, again keep around, expecting him to replace LON as first choice CB at some point in the next 12 months.
    Trai Hume, keep around, great young player who is constantly improving.
    Leo Hjelde, new signing, is doing ok whilst playing in his secondary position, good for cover/competition.
    Aji Alese, keep around, good player and offers versatility.
    Nectar Triantis, I like him but can't see him cutting through the competition when we have so many defenders ahead of him, consider loaning out again next season.
    Joe Anderson, as above, I liked the look of him the few times we saw him under Uncle Tone but the competition is so thick another loan seems the best option.
    Ellis Taylor, highly likely to be released. Hard to argue against it.
    Zak Johnson, on loan at Dundalk until Christmas. Has big potential, see where he is at when he comes back.

Midfielders/Wingers
    Cory Evans, contract is up and it's unlikely we'll see him again, thanks and a pat on the back.
    Jobe Bellingham, court offers if there is interest, make sure to get a sell-on.
    Eliott Embleton, still has another year after this season, give him a pre-season and see how he does, if he is not cutting the mustard look to sell for a reasonable fee.
    Pat Roberts, important first team player, keep him around.
    Romain Mundle, continue to integrate into the first team, looks promising but still has a lot to improve.
    Abdou Ba, exactly the same as above.
    Jack Clarke, highly likely to receive offers, try to get top dollar.
    Adil Aouchiche, big season for him next season, continue to integrate into the first team.
    Dan Neil, keep if possible, if big offers are made make sure to get compensated according to his talent.
    Callum Styles, dury is out, not against making it a permanent signing if he can find form and impact the team.
    Chris Rigg, sign as pro, be prepared to offer above and beyond to confirm his signature.
    Pierre Ekwah, first team player, only sell if big offers are made.
    Bradley Dack, release upon expiry.
    Jewison Bennette, important season for him, if Clarke does leave this opens a spot for anyone who can make the most of an opportunity.
    Jay Matete, I like him but just don't see a way through for him, I believe we paid around £800,000 for him, try and recoup as much of that as possible.
    Jack Diamond, local lad who has been through the wringer, that said I don't see how he has a future here. Release upon expiry.

Strikers
    Hemir, give him a pre season and judge if there has been improvements, a season long loan back in Portugal might be beneficial if not upto scratch.
    Mason Burstow, send back upon expiry, thanks but it didn't work out.
    Naz Rusyn, still has a lot to prove, maybe playing as a 10 or wide man is more his game, either way keep around next season.
    Eliezer Mayenda, similar situation to Hemir, see how he goes in pre season but don't be afraid to loan out again.

10. alcoauth

He looks mobile and strong, a bit of a live wire, completely different to Burstow, maybe more like Mayenda if you're trying to think how he plays.

Bob the Mackem likes this.

11. Bob the Mackem

Thanks mate

12. Pure River Slut

Agree with much of that. Won’t get that money for Patto like unless soenpne from Burnley moves elsewhere. If someone offered what we got offered for Roberts I’d take it like in case it helps keep one better player and I’d take money for Ekwah myself for the same reason.
    Hard to say for me who comes in until we know who’s gone but need that competitive cdm sorting and two central strikers competing and ready to play. Doubtful we’ll get like for like in the leavers but less glaring weaknesses would be a start.

13. Stranded in Lugano

Stranded in Lugano Well-Known Member

The Swiss league is an interesting one. It’s a reasonable standard and could be a good option to get value.
    of you have watched Bislami at Lugano what is your view on Zan Celar? He’s had another good season goal wise. His movement is decent but I’m not sure if he could make the change to the Championship.

14. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

All of that is pretty much spot on I'd say. The only minor things I'd maybe contend is I'd be willing to sell Roberts if we had a replacement lined up and I don't think Rusyn has a lot to prove, he's done well he just needs a run in the side and not be put in and out almost at random.

15. Scout73

Scout73 Well-Known Member

He never stoof out in the couple games i watched bislimi, but tbf i was mainly focusing on bislimi

Bislimi is a player thats really impressed me this season, might be going to sciut him live soon

16. Stranded in Lugano

If you are coming to Lugano to scout him let me know. Always up for a chat about SAFC and football and I live about 2 miles from the ground. I should watch Lugano far more.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    Monkey69, RTB, Scout73 and 2 others like this.
  17. alcoauth

What a great part of the world to live, where the German mind meets Italian artistry, buy a cuckoo clock then grab a gelato next door before heading home to your wooden alpine house, haha. Or is that South Tirol?

18. Stranded in Lugano

That’s more South Tyrol. It is still very nice though. The benefits of Swiss organisation, quality and efficiency with a bit of Italian flair to liven it up it a bit. Very different to Boldon Colliery where I grew up!
    I was hoping, with the Kyril links to the country, we would have a pre-season game or two here.

alcoauth and Pure River Slut like this.
  19. Pure River Slut

Good for you man. Great to enjoy life and you can’t beat a few mountains to put things into perspective.

Stranded in Lugano likes this.
  20. Scout73

Scout73 Well-Known Member

I will do mate

Stranded in Lugano likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Alex83