1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic So, what now?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jan 15, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

even though it was presented to you with the comments made by who ever it was spending time agreeing deals with china you still act like an ostrich with its head in the sand and i haven't got the time or inclination to go back and find it again ..
    when you are losing out on arguments and opinions you always endeavour to deflect away from your "defeat" by trying to change the subject or treading water or wriggling back on what you said by saying "what I really meant was" …. and to QUOTE you …..S I G H !

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

mmmm This argument is going nowhere, I believe it is possible to standardise trade deals as I feel the Irish border can be sorted using technology, unfortunately , the negativity applied by yourself towards solving issues belongs in the ballot box named Remain...:emoticon-0145-shake

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Ah. Realism = negativity. Classic.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

So Corbyn asked Trump if he could have a meeting today or tomorrow and was told to bugger off or more politely no - Ah. Realism = negativity. Classic.

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It is very easy to hold that perception in regards to this poster.

6. oneforthebristolcity

Your realism, but should say opinion as your realism is not fact..
    I hear that protesters of Trump, accusing him of being a Nazi and attacking pro Trump supporters with milkshakes and being aggressive directly after Corbyn's rant. Classic. <doh>

7. BCFCRob

You brought up the technology argument of the Irish border. Everyone knows the problem. Some people believe that technology can solve it. Fine, but they're unable to describe what it looks like, how it works, or if it even exists. That, again, is fine. It might come about in the future. But don't make out that people who are sceptical are negative for not believing in something which literally doesn't even exist yet.

There's no difference at all between that and me claiming that Santa is real, you saying no, and me saying that you're just being negative.

I criticised Corbyn re: Trump just this very morning so that's a terrible effort.

Anyone who throws a milkshake at another protestor purely for their political beliefs is a ****ing idiot.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

This pisses me off and will work against him (Corbyn) in public opinion.

So, Corbyn is happy to sit down with terrorists in the name of ‘peace’ and with the Chinese (who have an appalling human rights record), but boycotts and protests against Trump? What a cock.

Don’t get me wrong; Trump is a bully and a twat who’s spontaneous outbursts are often inappropriate and certainly unstatemanlike, who’s pro-gun stance is crazy and his anti-immigration policies totally bizarre, but he never killed anyone and he’s the elected representative of an ally - and seems to like us for some reason. I don’t trust him, but he is the current sitting president of the USA and as incumbent of that role deserves the same treatment as previous presidents - especially when he is over here representing his fellow countrymen who gave their lives on D-day.

But then, Corbyn openly hates our armed services and probably thinks D-day was unnecessary - if only we had responded to Hitler with peaceful dialogue and a bunch of flowers........ tw@

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I post on these threads because I care, but I’m not in any way an expert, but I firmly believe that politics is like a circle circumference. You can start at the centre (New Labour under Blair and what the Lib Dem’s claim to be) and you can branch out to the left and to the right, but if you go too far in either direction you end up meeting in the same (dark) place; intolerance, racist, violent, frightening extremism and it’s hard to differentiate between the two ideologies. The effect on the people is exactly the same.
    The anti-semitism in Corbyns party is the same as the anti-migrant feeling in the far-right - it’s just a different minority that feels the brunt. It’s still hatred and intolerance.

10. oneforthebristolcity

Because you haven't seen the technology, does that means it doesn't exist? It is negative to say because you haven't seen something then it can't be there, so why bother.
    NB. Santa was used to promote Coco-Cola...fact.

I could be thrown to the Lions here....but have to say, Trump has many many faults but I would trust him over Corbyn and leaders of the EU all day long..

Redprintt likes this.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I like Trump, apart from his wall what has he failed to deliver on?
    Obama deported 3 million immigrants and holds the record for most drone attacks in one year, but every one loves him. (I liked him as well)

I don’t like idiots protesting and letting the world think we are all like that. Can you imagine the uproar in this country if our Prime Minister received the same when he or she visits the states?

12. BCFCRob

Who said why bother? I've never said not to bother with researching the tech. What I have said is let's not plan the fecking future of our country on something which we don't know will exist. Absolute lunacy. Maybe we should all start smoking again because I believe research will cure all cancer before it matters.

Just to get this straight.

Definitely negative: Warning against relying on potential tech which may or may not exist.
    Definitely not negative: Turkey will join the EU! 80m Muslims will come into the country! There will be an EU army!

<doh>

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

There are some who seem be considering an EU army - Macron- France, -Merkel-Germany, Verhofstadt-Liberal, Weber-leader of the European Peoples Party in the EU Parliament, all of these leaders were supportive of the idea as as2/5/19, there are others against but those listed are very influential.

* The controversial subject of the EU’s future plans for a common army provoked lively exchanges during the second Spitzenkandidaten debate on Thursday (2 May), just three weeks before the European polls.
    * The idea has gained political momentum in recent months, floated by French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
    * Liberal Verhofstadt called for Europe’s armies to merge within five years.
    * In a nod to Verhofstadt, Weber defended the vision of the EU army and called for “great ambitions” when talking about the future of European defence.
    * Both Verhofstadt and Weber speaking out in favour
    * Both Weber and Verhofstadt also called for the creation of an EU version of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to better coordinate information-sharing and fight security threats across the bloc.
    https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-elections-2019/news/spitzenkandidaten-revive-european-army-talk/

EU army being discussed activly - very negative.
    80 milliom muslims entering through Turkey - very negative and stupid if anyone believed it but according to the latest figures I have got there are already 28million living in the EU in 2016 and projected to be 40 to 76.5million by 2050.

https://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  14. BCFCRob

I agree with you wiz (except that Turkey won't join). But you're proving the point - saying 'oh that's just negative' is a crappy criticism. It can be justified, on both sides as you've just demonstrated.

15. johngalleyfan2

1 for … you are banging your head against a breeze block … as our Friday Coffee morning group says .. "a wriggly that has to have the last word and will cut the cloth to fit the bits ….
    I sort of missed DT's comment mis heard/ missed .. thought he said "had he asked" .. but anyway Corboliks was slagging him off at that parade thing … must say I was quite impressed by couple hundred supporters that turned up, along with the few hundred against the protest and the few hundred tourists caught up in it as spectators …… good job they were spread out otherwise would have looked like a hyde park soap box rant …..

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Unless I've misunderstood you, I never said it's just a negative, I factually stated it's very negative and stupid if anyone believed it, I also gave published examples of how top leaders and decision makers in the EU are pushing for an EU army and FBI type agency, also the projected factual figure for the Muslim population in 2050 is possiby 76million which is not that far away from your 80million figure.

I do agree it can be justified on both sides but that is going to take us back to which side tells the biggest lies, the one that states that if we leave it will cause world war 3 or the one that says we will save £350 million a week for the NHS, I don't want to go there.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  17. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

America and their president should be fully respected by people in the UK.
    Christ America is our biggest and most trusted friend.
    Anybody that decries that needs to take along hard look in the mirror.
    We stand together in war and peace.

18. oneforthebristolcity

Wow Bob, what a ridiculous example, but while you're on it.....back in the day there wasn't anything to say that smoking was bad for you, but with Scanning Technology & Science, they have proved that it does cause a form of cancer & heart disease .........but hey, let's not bother as we don't know if it will work <doh>
    Negativity towards a trade deal with the US, Negativity towards forming a solution regarding the Irish Border. Happy with restrictions, regulations & rules set by EU governing body...Happy with the likes of Corbyn & Abbott who's done nothing for the democracy of this country regarding Brexit.
    We definitely see things from a different viewpoint (apart from supporting the same football club)...I imagine it's the age difference! I think we should conclude that we agree to disagree on the whole subject!!!
    please log in to view this image

Red Robin likes this.
  19. BCFCRob

Just to clarify, not happy with all regulations and rules (though I suspect most Brexiteers couldn't identify the ones they dislike anyway!), and absolutely not happy with Corbyn and Abbott. But yeah agreed we are going round in circles <laugh>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

20. johngalleyfan2

:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

I thought rob was a web designer computer geek … so doesn't know the technology … out of interest asked my 14 gd if you had to replace peeps with something else on the Irish border what would you use ...answer was
    camera's …….. anr's … yes said anr's, computers a control room probably one of them things we went through at dover [ that's the shed with x ray scanning we went through when I was doing a job to VILLACOUBLAY ]goods or freight route .. [after I officially retired so ROD doesn't think it is another string to my 60 odd years of working life … still part time! ]
    I guess the kids of today know more than we do? whether that is the technology I wouldn't like to say but guess it is out there