1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic So, what now?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W
    Do you 'agree' the EU used the Irish Border issue over 4 years as nothing but a pawn in negotiations?

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

A earlier post from myself. A poster posed that question about one thing since Brexit. The EU's behaviour is vindication for those who voted to live in a freer and democratic Country. The EU has behaved disgustingly not only to a former state but a member state. Throughout Brexit negotiations the EU said it was protecting the Republic, the good Friday agreement ... It was bullshit then and now it clearly was.

Northern Ireland and the Republic have been used as a toy by the EU.

We the UK are no longer one of the EU's territories. A great thing.

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree the EU behaved like kids. However this virus is worldwide and will only be reduced when the world vaccinated a huge percentage.
    We are stupid enough to say we’ve vaccinated are vulnerable and then do something like open our borders so people can freely travel again allowing the virus back in.
    We’ve got on order counting all the up coming vaccines companies 247 million dosages, for a population of 67 million. Canada I think have 500 million dosages on order.
    Whilst like I said the EU should hang theirs heads in shame over the actions they took, we do need to work together and get vaccines to everyone. So we can start going on holidays without all coming back with mask white lines.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

shows the snakes true colours glad we are out and I see so many remainers are not happy.

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

In Europe this should mean creating global supply chains by conceding control of production and supply, and regulations . At present the EU is not behaving in that manner, it has no road map to a wider supply and has done little to uphold the reputation of the AZ vaccine but does want to keep supply within the EU. A serious humanist mindset change is needed by the EU.

The UK can and appears will be a active participant creating wider supplies.

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I 100% agree and we’ve funded the most to the poorer countries. And I also said the EU was out of order in all of this.
    What I was getting at was it should not be an argument between us and the EU (which fortunately it is not on our part AT the moment).
    But some people believe that we should not be helping other countries only us first. We all need to work together to ensure all countries are vaccinated. If it’s not done at the same time will delay the possibility of getting it to a controlled level.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't think we should brand the ordinary people of Europe, it's the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels and politicians who are the snakes and twisters, I also thank god we are out of the dictatorship and we are free to breathe and forge our own way in the world.

No appocalypse, no collapse, no huge lorry queues, we still exist, a few minor difficulties as we all expected but the real problem is Covid 19 and that has no borders but February is here and the UK whilst suffering growing pains is progressing well as a free nation.

8. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

this world is full of countries that are mirror images of the heirarcy of some the populations of the world [ but not exactly so ]
    ……….. we have on here peeps that talk about their work /job and what work job they did before retiring … not heard or detected the miserable as*h**es who scrounge off us via the state but we contribute [d] to the common cause and didn't expect freebies 24 /7 … i do not think there is country with a population over 6 million that could not have contributed £5m or more toward a vaccine prior to realising back in March one would have to be forthcoming! THEY THAT DIDNT EXPECT THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL GIVE THEM IT FOR FREE. I used to support charities all over the globe [ in a small way ] and 2 or 3 in UK [ said before raised almost £2k for Action for children via sponsorship, nothing from anyone on here! but plenty other organizations made a donation of a few quid ] point is … most EURO COUNTRIES are now dependant on being spoon fed by the donations from the wealthier 2 or 3! [ although all make a donation to EU, most get back more! ]
    where are the pharmaceutic companies in these countries having made in roads to a vaccine? … none spoon fed from EU CENTRAL …
    We have seen the light on the faults of unelected egoistic individuals determining what they think is right for all not for the individual … who will see the light next? EIRE … Italy … maybe Poland! The EU has adopted the bully boy stance ….

I believe the UK is correct, we left the bully bully pen to be individually in charge of our destiny .. without covid we would likely be seeing the fruits of it … one of those fruits is to look out for our own 247m doses hopefully we will be sending a few million to our commonwealth outposts … the cost of AZ is around £3 to make .. so we have with all the others committed and a lot of it up front £1bn toward vaccines …. that's around £20 for every man woman and child in the UK …….. Covid is currently costing us about £160 per person in the tax paying bracket ...likely to be around £400+ when it stabilises!