1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic So, what now?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jan 15, 2019.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Hell will be a funny old place by the sounds of it!!

Redprintt likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

We don't have an explicit trade deal with China but we do obviously trade with China under WTO as we do with the majority proportion of our trade with the rest of the world.

House of Commons Library

Statistics on UK trade with China
    Published Friday, February 8, 2019
    China is one of the UK's largest trading partners. This note gives some key statistics on UK-China trade.

Jump to full report >>
    This short note provides some key statistics on the UK’s trade with China.

In 2017:

• UK exports to China were worth £22.3 billion; imports from China were £45.2 billion, resulting in a trade deficit of -£22.9 billion.
    • The UK had a small surplus with China on trade in services, outweighed by a deficit on trade in goods.
    • China accounted for 3.6% of UK exports and 7.0% of all UK imports.
    https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7379#fullreport

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yep exactly wiz, but we don't trade exclusively on WTO with them. The EU trades with China mainly on WTO, but we do have 24 'agreements' with them (as part of the EU) on top of this, and the EU are in negotiations with them over a full trade deal. So definitely not a trade deal, not exclusively WTO, but yes you are correct, mainly WTO.

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

we do, the fact it was made within the EU umbrella is only a contributing factor … no one knows if it is beneficial to continue with this deal after we leave or whether we re negotiate / have to re negotiate will become clear then … but China, now "going through difficult times" as the peoples economy catch's up .. like Poland's did over the past 5 years .. will certainly not say ...uummm sorry UK TOMORROW the x £bn trade we have ready to send you is going back on the shelf we will try and find another buyer and shut down the production lines, make redundant the workers ...oh …
    told you all that before... and waste of time repeating it really …. :emoticon-0136-giggl

5. johngalleyfan2

breeze blocks and hammers come to mind .. Wiz you are wasting your time on this one .. "golden rule is your words of wisdom are wasted should the ears that are to receive cannot /will not understand"
    :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: " we don't have a trade deal! it is with the EU ! no hang it is with the WTO not the EU! NO HANG ON the deal is not with China but with the EU who mainly trades with WTO, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY !!! <confused><confused><confused> SO .."So definitely not a trade deal, not exclusively WTO, but yes you are correct" ….. yipppeee WE DO HAVE A TRADE DEAL WITH CHINA

I do love Friday mornings ……...

6. BCFCRob

Let me get this straight. You STILL believe we do have a trade deal with China? Christ alive.

7. johngalleyfan2

:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: WHERE DOES MY LATEST RADIO COME FROM CHINA... where do some of our gherkins come from CHINA …. where does a lot of our picnic disposables come from CHINA where does my grand kids crayons come from CHINA … where does a lot of those cheap LED lights and torch's come from CHINA … where does my floss sticks come from CHINA .. where does my replacement camera battery come from CHINA my stapler where does that come from CHINA where does my magnifying glass come from … CHINA where does my USB compact shaver come from .. CHINA … my MAPLINS hobby kit let me see where does that come from ...CHINA …. I bet even our china tea set /coffee set comes from … wait a moment will go and check ...OH NO coffee mugs from Romania but tea cups and saucers ..from CHINA.. :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:
    aren't we just so lucky not to have a trade deal with China ………. and the government is wrong again misling us into thinking we have a agreement with China …. good job we have BCFC ROB telling us we haven't :emoticon-0141-whew::emoticon-0141-whew::emoticon-0141-whew: :emoticon-0160-movie

please log in to view this image

It is bad news, " BCFCWOB thinks we have not got a trade DEAL with the UK" … SO WHERE HAVE ALL THOSE CONTAINERS OF GOODS GONE? ….. Taiwan ! …….

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  8. johngalleyfan2

9pm tonight www.wakeupuk

CAROLINE STEPHENS v GODFREY BLOOM

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

"what kind of country is this going to be like if these people are running it? what will happen when some of them get their hands on the leavers of this country? where will this stop??"

wtf?? is Lammy saying in that video??

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don’t want to jump in on your little tantrum at Rob. But they all say made in China not bought direct from China.

And I don’t for one minute believe those crayons are your grandkids!

11. BCFCRob

Thanks RoD. JGF in one swoop you have just demonstrated that you don't have the foggiest clue about what you are talking about. I think enough's been said there.

12. johngalleyfan2

takes me ages to colour in my posts …. :emoticon-0105-wink:
    I don't do tantrums ……………
    clarification please as to any specifics … however we are talking about items that we secure via our trade deals with Chinese suppliers and don't forget our service industries are directly agreed with Chinese we don't go through the EU or WTO which basically for material goods like Crayons. You are splitting hairs with regard to not bought directly from China .. OK we have these items in our household "made in China" but internationally [ WTO / EU? ] if you buy something that has not come complete from the original source, LIKE SELL BY USEBY DISPLAY BY .. in supermarkets it has to say "from outside/ parts from /etc"
    now if you are correct, not disputing you are not, what would be the point in buying a Chinese article from Holland? or elsewhere ….. eg CHINA makes it, [profit on £1 article is 50p ] sells it to Holland who add relevant tax after adding profit so sells it on [ 50p profit ]article now £2 50p[ costs of handling etc inc ] uk co adds on handling marketing etc plus tax goes/sells to consumer for £5 !...
    that's why ebay and the like, you buy direct a lot of stuff from Chinese supplier … My hobby drill polisher in the shops in the uk … made in CHINA COSTS £31 95p Amazon / Ebay £19.95 .. ok you wait anything from 4 - 12 days .. A collectors album, hobby shop or elsewhere over the counter £14.95 via ebay or …£3. 25p best time promised 21 days, 6 days!
    I know this is a poor example by way of explanation as to "middleman v consumer v business " but trade deal with is no middleman.... "

13. johngalleyfan2

clutching at straws …. ROD is having a laugh! just pointing out some items are not (possibly 0.01% ) direct from China via the TRADE DEAL we have with them, didn't cover our service industry in his comment ...

14. BCFCRob

No. He wasn't. You don't know what you're missing and it's quite amusing to see.

15. johngalleyfan2

pray enlighten us ...

16. johngalleyfan2

JUST WATCHED A EU clip regarding discussions on European terrorism the dutch rep stood up and said very loud and with venom, here we are a parliament of 751 and only 31 are here about 8 were uk … there are less elected in the room than unelected, when terrorism strikes the people are unguarded they junker and co are in bomb proof cars with umpteen body guards they cry croco dile tears and say "we are in a world of Islamic terrorism" well worth a watch.. #NF DESTROYED Tajani about history after he said the EU GOT rid of Nazi's and Communism …..

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Notre- Dame Cathedral in Paris being destroyed by fire ae we speak, heart breaking,

18. johngalleyfan2

IT MAKES YOU WONDER, I saw it on the newsflash pre 1730 might have been 1700 it was a plume of smoke then would guess it will not be saveable as a lot of timber / inflammable in its structure, would need at 100 fire engines just to get around it …
    on a more sober note, Merkel and Macron have been causing disquiet over the EURO ARMY, UNIFIED STATE, Merkel has been lambasted over her "open door" flooding EUROPE with !000's "refugee's" quick process to accommodate them … many warnings from within euro parliament of the folly …. I just hope it is a terrible accident not a deliberate attempt!

19. johngalleyfan2

SEEMS investigating " " to quote .. "accidental destruction by fire". ……. ……

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0106-cryin
    Shame there is only a like option button on this site, as this comment deserves a sad button.