1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silva bid rejected..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Nov 13, 2017.

1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Kettering is not that far from Herts. There are some quite strong local accents.

2. superhorns

GRAY not Gary, I must read before posting.

3. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

I've read some total b**ll*cks in my time, but this takes the biscuit for negativity - implying a selfishness that has not been remotely exhibited. But of course you would know everything there is to know about selfishness. So what if Everton make a silly offer. As MS says, it's up to the clubs. Nowhere has MS shown a lack of commitment to Watford. For goodness sake take your ridiculous attitude to Kenilworth road.At least they voted properly to leave in Luton (56% over 44%) not the smidgeon (50.2% over 49.8%) in Watford.

4. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He says the clubs must talk, but Watford has said no...so actually there's nothing more to talk about. He is inviting more from Everton just from this one statement and the way Everton have behaved is a disgrace. Surely the FA must do something about so called 'larger clubs' tapping up smaller clubs managers and players. What they don't seem to realise is that Silva is by no means the full package yet, and though he seems to think he's good enough to do 'bigger' things, he has shown a massive lack of understanding of defending, and his substitutions have been nothing short of peculiar in the last 3 games. This whole thing stinks and it should just come to a quick conclusion so that we can get on with our season, right now we're handing 3 points to West Ham on a plate.

Grrrr!

A1 Horn and brian_66_usa like this.
  5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

You are forgetting some facts .It has been said in the gutter press that MS would like to talk with Everton .So for MS to come out and say that its up to the 2 clubs to talk after we have turned them down is at best him handling it poorly or saying to Everton please up the bid to Watford .im sure he wants to go its will Everton pay what we want

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure that the word 'facts' goes hand in hand with 'gutter press', though.

What no-one appears to give consideration to when discussing what he has said is that English is not his first language. From what I've seen of his press interviews, that much is very apparent - so what comes out of his mouth in English very likely has lost a lot in translation.

brian_66_usa likes this.
  7. superhorns

What a silly boy. Giro not turned up?

8. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree with your comments Bolton I do feel it would not be to difficult for him to say that he was not interested in the Everton job and he was settled at Watford. The fact that he has not is what is leading everyone to speculate that he would like to see what Everton can offer him. It is himself that is fanning this situation.

9. superhorns

Agreed, he could have killed the approach stone dead, especially after WFC had been so adamant he was not leaving. At the very least he has been naive, at worst seeking a massive pay increase. Perhaps he's looking for one big payday before returning to the sun. :emoticon-0100-smile

10. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Some interesting statistics on this - just how Premiership fans voted in the referendum. 4,680 UK. based adults (over 18) who supported a premiership club, and were, apparently, spread evenly across all clubs were asked how they voted in the referendum. Apparently the most pro Brexit fans were Chelsea (astonishing considering how their club is made up) - the most pro remain were Brighton and Liverpool. Astonishingly there was a large difference between Liverpool and Everton, and Stoke City fans did not vote the way their city did.

1. Chelsea 61% Leave
    2. Everton 57% Leave
    3. Spurs 57% Leave
    4. West Brom 56% Leave
    5. Newcastle 52% Leave
    6. Huddersfield 52% Leave
    7. Man. City 50% Leave
    8. Crystal Pal. 46% Leave
    9. Swansea 42% Leave
    10. Stoke City 40% Leave
    11. Man. Utd 38% Leave
    12. Burnley 37% Leave
    13. West Ham 37% Leave
    14. Watford 34% Leave
    15. Arsenal 34% Leave
    16. Southampton 31% Leave
    17. Leicester 29% Leave
    18. Bournemouth 27% Leave
    19. Liverpool 23% Leave
    20. Brighton 19% Leave

Some interesting results there, which also indicate that the majority of Premiership fans voted to remain.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

This is how the Everton fanbase are viewing it. He could have completely quashed the rumours by saying he was staying at Watford, but he didn't, in fact he wouldn't even confirm he'd he there post the game tomorrow

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

**** knows who they asked for Everton as Liverpool was heavily pro Remain in the referendum

13. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

MS was fire-fighting at Hull, and initially at least, it will be the same at Everton but he has the opportunity to build something of his own at WFC.

14. colognehornet

I was a little bit puzzled by that one as well. Not surprised to see Chelsea on top - their fan base has always had a firm connection to xenophobic politics.

Tobes likes this.
  15. colognehornet

Why are Everton not widening their net Tobes. MS is relatively unproven compared to Sean Dyche - just what do English managers have to do to be taken notice of ?

16. J T Bodbo

I am pleased to learn that 66% of WFC fans are intelligent rational people.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Moshiri appears to be very single minded. I'm told he asked about the availability of your manager in the boardroom after our game a fortnight ago, and was told no. Undeterred he went back with an offer, was rebuffed again and has since been back again. His actions combined with Silvas avoidance of saying no yesterday points to him wanting the gig and Moshiri refusing to give up.

18. Bolton's Boots

19. Bolton's Boots

Well to me his words suggest that he is under instructions from the Pozzos to be careful over what he says on the subject - anything that may possibly have an adverse effect on a pending 'tapping up' complaint against Everton's behaviour. That's something many of us would verbally stumble with, never mind someone for whom English is a second language.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  20. J T Bodbo

In view of the continuing speculation about the possibility of a move, I have to accept, however unwillingly, that it isn't all over. But it is up to the WFC management - nobody else. I don't see anything that MS has said indicates he wishes to move. He was asked about moving, and quite rightly said it's up to the 2 clubs - not up to him. I think he has behaved perfectly correctly. There's no reason why he shouldn't harbour ambitions to move up (if Everton is seen as up) and anyone of us might well admit to being flattered by a 'head-hunting' approach. It's no different from a player these days. What else could he say ? Given he is an employee of the club, not a lifelong supporter, why should he have any loyalty ?
    The huge difference between us -the supporters - and the club's employees, or owners for that matter, is that we have 'loyalty' for whatever reason. There is no reason at all why any employee of the club should have loyalty unless (e.g. TD's return to the fold which the club enabled) the club does something special for the employee which deserves a version of loyalty. It's still only a version. There is no reason why the supporters should expect any employee of the club to have loyalty beyond whatever they are contracted to do.
    What is really upsetting of course is the considerable pleasure and fun we have had so far as a result of his work at the club and the thought that it will all go pear-shaped if he moves on. However, if we are quite happy to see the back of a head coach who doesn't do it for us, we have to accept the converse. You might think that Leicester would have shown loyalty to The Tinkerman after his extraordinary achievement. Ha! Only when we are are so huge and famous a club (do we want that ?) will this issue of head coaches being lured elsewhere, star players coming out of left field being lured elsewhere, academy starlets being lured elsewhere go away.

Bolton's Boots likes this.