1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silva bid rejected..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

hm...good move by the club and lets hope Marco doesn't force their hand to try and engineer a move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41977289

Be under big pressure at Everton for instant results and "success" and probably isn't the big name they want.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wonder why they even thought that Watford would be prepared to let him go.

3. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

They just wanted him to know that they would double his wages and back him in the Jan window .But Watford would get less than 1mil in compensation as he has only about 18 months left on his contract

4. lancyclaret

lancyclaret Member

If Silva fancies the job and Watford try to prevent him leaving, it can only end in tears. Money talks and Everton have more.

We Burnley fans know that if a club like Everton or West Ham wanted Dyche, there is little we could do to stop it.

Poor old SD will be devastated if Marco gets the job - since Koeman was sacked, Dychey had set his heart on the Toffees job. He may have to wait a little longer...maybe West Brom?

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

If Silva goes, he'll look like a money grabbing mug.

It is not as if he has had a bad start and wants out, is it?

I know Watford change manager a lot, I just hope he has more integrity Brendan Rogers. Silva has only just arrived so if he left, it'd only reflect badly on him.

6. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Thing is as i say a few iffy results and the pressure will be on straight away from fans who appear to really want a high profile top manager to meet their "expectations and demands"

Looking at the Everton site their support still feel they are a massive club who should be at the top with big name players and managers.

Dyche for example got about 2% of the vote on one of their forms and some even said they wouldn't go again!

7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Everton would be mad not to take Dyche if he really wants the job. With all due respect to Silva his managerial credentials are confined to 11 matches with us, half a season at Hull and a longer period at Sporting Lisbon, who are also not a powerhouse of World football. What Silva has in his favour is his nationality - the big clubs feel you have to have a 'foreign' manager with 'o', 'i' or 'a' at the end of their name and even the best English managers can't compete with that. When did this inferiority complex about English football begin ? Latest rumour is that Everton are interested in Thomas Tuchel - thus turning Scouseland into a complete German colony.

8. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

The worrying thing is these approaches are rarely out of the blue - you imagine they'd have been given some encouragement (possibly by Marco's agent) to make an approach. I'm glad we have rejected the approach but it will mean little if Marco wants to go. Would also be very disappointing if he wants to go - but then if his head his turned and wants to jump ship so soon, would we really want him to stay?

The only thing I would say is, he should stick with the club here and actually prove himself - and someone bigger than Everton will come knocking! The way he plays, think he could take over from Pochetino at Spurs once he goes.

9. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I really hope he stays with you lot, for what it's worth. Everton are so bloody arrogant with this stuff, and he has a good thing going with you guys (I was desperate for him to join Saints when he left Hull and it was obvious Puel was on his way out). I also don't want him to be one of those people who jumps at the first sign of a jingle of loose change.

kchorn likes this.
  10. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

On the radio this morning (onlyTalksport, I know...) Jim White claimed that we had turned down an £8.5M compensation offer...

11. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

For them to keep trying his agent must have said something

12. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

They have reportedly been baulking at paying 2 million in compensation for Dyche ( board apparently split over it) so can not believe they would offer that kind of compensation package regardless of source.

13. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Whether 2 or 8 million they are both ridiculous sums considering they gave out 24 Million for Davy Klaassen, who has hardly figured yet for them.

14. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

Reports have reached us.

http://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2017/11/14/watford_vill_ekki_sleppa_silva/

Watford will not let go of Silva
    Watford has denied Everton's request for talks with Portuguese coach Marco Silva. It is the BBC that reports this.
    Everton is still in search of the manager, but David Unsworth took over the team after Ronald Koeman left the end of October.
    Everton has been successful in one of the four games the team has played under the leadership of Unsworth. That victory came precisely against Watford's Silva disciples.
    Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche have also been named in order to take over the Goodison Park steering wheel, but Silva seems to be on top of Everton's wish list.

15. HaslemereKev

There really needs to be some kind of Manager Transfer Window too... If a team wants rid of their manager, they either have to appoint from within or take someone out of work! Also make it managers can't just quit in the hope to get another role.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  16. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Or don't bother with contracts? At the moment, they seem to be pointless pieces of paper anyway.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  17. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Welcome to our world lads....good luck (and I mean it)...:)

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  18. HaslemereKev

Cheers <ok>

If it was simply down to the owners and accepting a 'fee', we know there's no chance he would go! All comes down to Silva, if he wants the move and how much! It would be very disappointing if he decided he wanted to leave so early into his tenure!

19. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Make you wonder if the half time team talk was to the Everton players or to Marco Silva
    Would make sense of the decision to insist on Cleverly taking a penalty against his old club
    If he does go I hope he has the same success as he had at Hull

20. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

Interesting to read some of the Everton blogs. Most of the posters don't want him; he's not from a big enough club, had no success, etc, and apparently those who do see Marco Silva as an option have the opinion that Watford have no say in the matter; if Everton want, they get - for some it seems even Marco Silva doesn't have a say - or if Silva does actually wish to talk Everton will pay any price.

They appear more deluded than the Leeds fans.