1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Oh I'd have him back.

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Yeah, and we'd make him better again, but it's not the cut and dried thing it was a year or two ago. Well, not for me, at least.

3. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

4. TheSecondStain

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

6. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

7. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Like FLT, I'd take him back to redeem the poor lad. Interesting discussion. Which Saint has been most destroyed by a move to Arsenal? I would have said Theo, but Alex is coming up hard on the rails. Such a waste, as Ian Dury once said.

8. TheSecondStain

I think I remember correctly that Steve Williams was a pale shadow once he'd been at Arsenal for a season or two [sorry FLT].

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

No apologies needed. He had a very slow start there, but he came good for them and was excellent. Arsenal fans will tell you that.

10. TheSecondStain

Ah good. As you can appreciate, once he became an Arsenal player I turned off my interest. So the slow start only lingered in the memory.

fatletiss likes this.

11. fran-MLs little camera

Sunderland's website claiming that we haven't won up there in 6 games...interesting. They are probably grasping at straws :)

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

We have a ****ing awful record up there <wah> Really not confident this week :(

13. fran-MLs little camera

There, there. I can comfort you because my hysteria never starts until match day itself :) I think we will marmalize them.

Libby likes this.
  14. fran-MLs little camera

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/southampton-forward-set-to-leave-in-january/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TransferTavern (The Transfer Tavern Home Page)#O15AGiqGXo6rH7se.97

Alarming headline referring to a striker leaving Saints, but only referring to Gaston. I know he's appearing on the bench again and has made contributions this season, but realistically it would be a regeneration akin to Lazarus if he fights his way back into the team properly. Love it to happen, but must be in everyone's interest to move him on. Koeman may respect him on some level and even be sorry for him with all his injuries, but it is incredibly hard to change a manager's mind when he told you right at the start of his tenure that you would hardly feature.

15. TheSecondStain

They're just generating news. You and I probably know more about Gaston's situation than they do because we follow his progress a lot more closely. We know he would like to stay at Saints, but it may be better for his career if he returns to Serie A. However, if he want to stay and fight for a place that is up to him. I'm not sure Saints are in the biggest hurry to part with him if he wants to remain here.

This BS works on several levels from various outlets. For example, only on MOTD2, presenter Jason Mohammad brought up the hoary old question of Koeman going to Holland as national manager. That one has been dealt with, boxed off and forgotten, but he resurrected it [another Lazarus] like it was an essential requirement to say something. Hey, why doesn't Van Gaal return.? No, of course not. Everybody is desperate to keep the old hierarchy in place, it seems.

16. fran-MLs little camera

But another pundit replied that he thought Koeman was happy here and would stay for a while.

17. TheSecondStain

That's true, but it doesn't bury the question. The correct informed answer was: I believe he's said that there is no way he is leaving Southampton before the end of his contract, which has one and half seasons to run.

Which would put the question to bed for at least a couple of weeks.

Yet again, you and I know more about the current situation than they do.

18. fran-MLs little camera

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/sack-race-klopp-safest-prem-boss-garde-in-at-401

Odds for managerial sack race. Klopp safest...mainly because he is new I would have thought...very unlikely to be sacked, but one terrible season and who knows next season. Mourinho favourite by a mile. Ron is joint 7th (with several others)....am trying to imagine a season so bad that Ron gets sacked!!!

19. TheSecondStain

Utterly ridiculous. Truthfully, I can't imagine the scenario of a fully fit Koeman brothers and staff operation getting the sack from this club. They have no skeletons in the cupboard, they aren't going to suddenly relegate the club, so what's left.? I'd make him way safer than Van Gaal, for instance. Maybe I'm not imaginative enough. :)

20. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

Or delusional enough...

TheSecondStain likes this.