1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Another Saints superhero. Wasn't going to bother posting this because it is relatively old news, but look at the photo closely. Who is trailing in van Dijk's wake.? Must say that when I watched the game against Liverpool on Sunday, the thought came into my mind of how much van Dijk has improved in just the short space of time he's been with Saints. Against Liverpool he was absolutely tremendous.

https://www.clubcall.com/southampton/im-going-forward-with-saints---van-dijk-1784442.html

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Article that falls between a few threads, so might as well post here. Andy Cole's son saying that he should have joined Southampton when he had the chance at sixteen, because City prefers foreign youngsters. I can understand speaking out if you feel hard done by, but probably should be careful about not being seen as a moaner so early in his career. This is really the sort of stuff you put in your autobiography when you've made it.

3. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

He's probably speaking out about a prevalent issue. Its a one sided report so his personal agenda detracts from the story but the money in football and how it's used is the biggest issue in the sport especially if you give a stuff about the national game. On the one hand it makes Saints look good because it praises our record with youth but on the other we are turning Dutch. One could take Cole's points about Spanish in training and cliques and apply them to Dutch at Saints. Its self evident that we have a dutch influence built around Koeman.

4. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

Am I the only person watching 'Eternal Glory' on ITV? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Anyway, Tiss is defying the odds and once again coming over well as a TV personality whilst showing well-hidden athletic ability.

Welsh Saint likes this.
  5. fran-MLs little camera

Yes, have been very impressed with Matt. They have remarked a couple of times what a clever man he is in recognising his limitations and winning by tactics. Beat Christian Malcolm in a running event for heavens sake....by not training and tiring himself out (sound familiar?). No where near the fittest, but does well in coordination events.

6. fran-MLs little camera

Yes, but I bet we speak English on the training grounds with so many nationalities. I remember when Wenger came to Arsenal (a year after the dinosaurs were wiped out :)), he said everyone had to speak English. He said it was an English club and he didn't want a French clique...bet Tony Adams and Paul Merson were glad about that. :)

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I suspect Merson still struggled with English...

8. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

No, I have been doing an update, but this week I was in Germany.

10. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

11. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

12. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Very good analysis, apart from the fact that he mistook Gastòn for Van Dijk as the assist for Mané's goal.

13. fran-MLs little camera

14. fran-MLs little camera

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/29/charlie-nicholas-on-southamptons-champions-league-chances/

Charlie Nicholas says Saints are unlikely to finish in the top four within 3 years....this was in response to Jose Fonte saying this was his target. I thought the article was going to say we would never reach the CL places....as this is what many pundits say as they are unable to imagine that things do not stay the same forever. However, CL within 3 years....probably right that we won't manage that. Within 5-10 years...possibly.

15. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

I guess everyone expects Chelsea to eventually put on a proper run of results, but the door is ajar for this season and it was last season. West Ham, Leicester & Palace all having good seasons means that I don't expect the fourth place finish to require a spectacular amount of points and the league will be closer from 4th down.

The finance of the mid-table premier league sides and the lack of world class talent amongst the recognised top sides in England is reducing the gap.

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.
  16. fran-MLs little camera

17. fatletiss

It's a tough ask, but we just need one season where things fall into place. Last season Spuds and Scousehampton tried hard for us. Looks like Chelsea are trying this year. You never know.

If you don't shoot, you don't score.

18. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Can't decide between Van Dijk and Mane :emoticon-0138-think

19. fatletiss

Shaun Derry picks Jose Fonte in his one to eleven on Sky Sports.

20. Paddy Podped

Paddy Podped Well-Known Member

With regards to Matt Le Tiss's tactic on eternal glory, he's worked out pretty quickly that if he can finish second last in everything he will never be eliminated, so looks to do the minimum required effort to stay in the game.

Working well so far!

Lff likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. EasyBreezer