1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours and Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Rafa to Chelsea?

Funny that Chelsea fans are getting all whiny about the possibility despite Rafa having sunk Mourinho's Chelsea from their favourite competition on more than one occasion. And apparently with the most mediocre squad ever assembled.

Rafa deserves better than the plastic-flagged muppets who think Hiddink losing a semi and then failing to get Russia to the World Cup is the kind of quality they need.

They wouldn't give anybody the time they need to rebuild and Rafa got enough of that at Inter.

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Also with Roman calling the shots, Rafa has been there done that with G & H and will probably not want to go through that turmoil again.

Also another good name linked, although I think Arsenal would snag him before us........ And Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is looking at bringing in Paris St Germain defender Mamadou Sakho if his bid for Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill fails.

3. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Conor Wickham has been linked with us again today. I've never actually watched him play, anybody seen him play a few games before?

In other news, caughtoffside has rustled up some news that we're going to take Michael Owen on a free. Thank God that site is never true!

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

It is not Michael Owen, it is his twin brother, Richard. He took over Michael Owen during the start of the 04-05 season and Michael has yet to be seen since...

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I actually bought Chiellini on PES years ago. He was very young. Might even have been in the 90s. So it was my idea.

6. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

What about Sakho from PSG.He's the rising star of the French national side,and he's only 21.Liverpool are supposeably looking at him as an alternative to Gary Cahill and he'll cost £10 million less.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Todays BBC rumours.

Liverpool's technical director Damien Comolli has targeted Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris, Paris St Germain centre-half Mamadou Sakho and Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila as the men to usher in a new era at Anfield under manager Kenny Dalglish.
    Full story: the Sun

Liverpool boss Dalglish is also checking on Udinese's Colombian international left-back Pablo Armero, who joined the Italian side from Palmeiras last summer.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool and Manchester United are set to enter a bidding war for highly rated Standard Liege midfielder Steven Defour, who is tipped to leave his native Belgium this summer.
    Full story: caughtoffside.com

8. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It's a shame that it's looking increasingly more likely Reina is leaving in the summer, I must have seen rumours of us looking for a new keeper everyday now. I just hope we can get a decent replacement, and a decent amount of cash for him. To be fair; I'd rather see Peter Gulacsi get a run out than us buy another keeper; then the money from Reina can go completely on outfield players.

Haven't seen much of Armero, and I don't know much about Palmeiras either but I don't suppose is a good sign about the quality of player we're talking about but he could be a surprise candidate.

Yann M'Vila would be brilliant to get in; but I just wonder if he's too like Lucas to be played together with Lucas. I'd rather we got a holding playmaker.

Mamadou Sakho again; not sure we need a centre-half - I'd rather we gave run outs to the already good CBs we already have. Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala, Wisdom etc.. They're all contenders for the CB - Agger is one of the best when he's fit and ready. Carragher is obviously brilliant. Skrtel has good days and bad days I have to say. Kelly we haven't seen at CB but if he's as good/better there than he is at RB then we're onto a winner. Ayala is a future Hyypia in my books we should definetly give him a run out.

Back to my point; I hope we don't end up buying players before looking at the ones we already have. I'd rather see:
    A back-up; Striker, CM and LM.
    A first team; Left winger, Right winger, LM, LB

That's 4 players in; a potential 10 players out. Imagine the weight taken off the wage books, and the chance of bringing through all the raw talent from the academy.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd like to see Robinson given the LB slot but we need more reliable cover than Aurellio as he's always injured.

10. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I've seen him a couple of times when Ipswich have been on sky, and highlights in the Football League show. Looks a decent player, big and strong.

He's not massively pacey, but he's more of a Carroll type player who doesn't really dribble a lot so he doesn't need it. His strength and size is usually enough to get him past players.

Also has a decent work rate. You'll see him nicking the ball on the wings and in the centre of the pitch and tracking men when he needs to. Sometimes plays on the right for Ipswich if they've got two others up front.

11. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

The Guardian is saying that the club is opening contract talks with our first-team coach Steve Clarke. This has further strengthened speculation that Kenny Dalglish is going to offered a contract by Fenway Sports Group as well. The paper is saying that they will be both offered three-year contracts by the club. Full story here- http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/20/liverpool-steve-clarke-kenny-dalglish

Thoughts? :emoticon-0100-smile

12. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Yesterday the S*n said that Damien Comolli has already identified his three main targets.It was in yesterdays BBC gossip column.
    Yann M'Vila.
    Hugo Lloris.
    Sahko.
    This is a load of nonsense.
    Damien Comolli knows better not to reveal targets,as that would mean the selling club would up their price.Secondly,He would never talk to the S*n.

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Liverpool are watching Schalke midfielder Jose Manuel Jurado.

hmmm interesting one and out from nowhere it seems. Jeffren, Jurado, any other wingers with a J in there name?

14. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

We seem to be linked to everyone at the moment. I wonder if one of us could make up a player and leak to the press that we're after him and see if it end up on the BBC website

Brazillian Striker Castolo maybe??

15. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Now that would be funny :)

16. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

Anyone work for caught offside to get this rumor going??

Or if we were to put it on BBC606 i'm sure it would get picked up

17. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

you can post your own rumors on SSN however mine never got published :(
    apparently messi and xavi seen at bloomfield road is breaching the rules

18. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

ill do a draw to see who we're being linked to ........ pick a number between 1-200 these numbers represent countries then ill do a draw for the player from that country and we'll spread the **** out of the rumour lol twitter / fb etc

19. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

20. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

147 is hong kong in the fifa rankings ..lol would tie in with standard chartered wanting an asian player too