1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours and Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

this is our top summer target lol

2. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

just tweeted this lol get it spread

3. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

HAHA nice one... I'm on it :)

4. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

get it done skylarker lol

5. Skylarker

6. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

hes only 26 fits with fsg policy lol , standard want an asian ...blah blah if this rumour takes off fergus will probably buy him ha

7. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

just put it on the sky sports rumours lol

8. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

brilliant

9. Skylarker

Genius..... obviously not as thick as most people think Hash :)

10. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Wigan are interested in signing China international Win One Soon.He is available.
    Seriously.
    Strong reports suggest that as many as 22 deals will be done.Thats 11 in and 11 out.

11. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I just read that in a Yahoo roundup of the papers:

Director of football at Liverpool Damien Comolli is planning a huge overhaul of the club in the summer which could see as many as 22 players move in or out of Anfield.

The Sunday Telegraph says that the targets are primarily young players, aged between 19 and 24, with Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux expected to be the first summer arrival on a Bosman free transfer.

Kenny Dalglish has yet to be confirmed in the manager's job on a permanent basis, but is believed to want investment to complement the young players who have been given opportunities at Anfield this season.

The News of the World suggest that Dalglish will have a £50m budget, which could give him the necessary funds to attract British talent in the form of Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Stewart Downing and Ashley Young.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov is being lined up for a sensational cut-price return to former club Tottenham Hotspur, says the Sunday Mirror.

The 30-year-old has yet to reach terms with United over extending his contract beyond the one remaining year left to run, forcing the Red Devils to consider selling Berbatov for a measly £8 million rather than risk him leaving on a free.

The fee would constitute a £22m loss for United, after paying £30m for the Bulgarian in 2008.

However, Berbatov isn’t the only big-name striker being linked with a move to White Hart Lane in the summer - not by a long shot.

Harry Redknapp has previously stated an intention to add ‘two or three quality signings’ to his squad in the summer, with Berbatov, Didier Drogba, and now Napoli’s Edison Cavani linked with a move to North London.

The Spurs boss is reportedly prepared to spend up to £20m on the 24-year-old Uruguayan, and is also considering making a £15m move for Aston Villa and England winger Ashley Young. (Daily Mail)

Another target for big-spending Spurs could be veteran Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose, who has sent his wife on a ‘find me a club!’ mission to England.

The 32-year-old German has already set up meetings with Tottenham and Everton, but plenty more Premier League clubs are set to join the chase for the forward. (Daily Star)

Redknapp looks set for disappointment in his pursuit of Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi, however, as Barcelona have launched a big-money move for the former Manchester United man.

The Spanish Champions have reportedly offered a whopping £28m for the 24-year-old, who has scored 29 goals in 48 appearances for the Yellow Submarine this season.

Barca will offer Rossi a five-year deal worth £2m a season, in a bid to lure him to the Nou Camp. (Daily Mirror)

The managerial merry-go-round occupies plenty of back-page space this morning, with Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti, and Porto’s Andre Villas-Boas all linked with big-money moves.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez believes that Mourinho and Guardiola are both heading for the Premier League – with the usual names of both Manchester sides and Chelsea being touted as the likeliest destinations.

Should Mourinho make his oft-mentioned return to England, Real Madrid will look to fill the void with a surprise candidate – Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The Frenchman is reportedly wanted by the Copa del Rey champions to provide the ‘blueprint for the long-term future’ of Madrid, despite the conspicuous lack of silverware in the 61-year-old’s cabinet of late.

Finally, Chelsea have met Andre Villas-Boas’s agent in an attempt to lure the 33-year-old Porto manager to West London in the summer.

The former assistant to both Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho would only cost Chelsea £1.5m in compensation, which is thought to be too tempting for Roman Abramovich to refuse. (Mirror)

Staying in West London, Fulham are lining up a move for Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Manager Mark Hughes tried to sign the 29-year-old midfielder on loan in January, but will attempt to sign Wright-Phillips permanently for £4m in the summer.

Finally, Liverpool target Jose Enrique’s future is the subject of renewed speculation this morning, with Bayern Munich entering the race for the Newcastle full-back.

Kenny Dalglish was thought to be in pole position to take Enrique to the North West in the summer, but Bayern – who will have a £100m war chest to play with – are hoping to scupper the deal by offering the left-back Champions League football. (Mirror)

'Arry's turning WHL into an old folks' home. Klose? 4 goals in the World Cup but only 6 in the league last season. And Klose sending his mrs to find a club? He'll end up at Ministry of Sound!

I'm surprised they've failed to report the Mirror's piece that Roman wants Jose back and they've been talking. Roman will allegedly give him the unheard-of-at-Chelsea control over all footballing matters. Blimey. So if Villa Boas goes to Chelsea and Wneger goes to Real does that mean Jose to Arsenal?

12. KingPepeReina.

This is a rumour so don't shoot me.
    Some people are suggesting that an obstacle to Kenny getting the Liverpool job is Damien Comolli.That Comolli would prefer a ''puppet'' as manager,and that he and and he alone looks after signings.That Kenny is too single-minded.Kenny would want too much say on who stays and who goes.
    However I read different reports that Kenny and Damien Comolli get on like a house on fire,and there is no disagreement whatsoever.They both want the same thing and no player will be signed without Kenny's approval.They are both singing from the same song-sheet.

13. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It's not a rumour; but I was wondering what anyone thought of us going for Jordan Henderson in the summer? He looks a right little talent; he's young and he's a winger in a Sunderland team that could still potentially go down, he could be looking for a step up now.

14. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

That'd be a big stretch going against what we know, when the likelihood is it's just the length of the contract which is being negotiated.

15. KingPepeReina.

They could come to a compromise of 3 years.Kenny wants 4 years and they are offering 2 years.

16. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I think 4 years is very reasonable! Gives him enough time to bring Carragher into the boot room and establish the new wave of youngsters in.

17. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

Nuri Sahin will sign for Liverpool in the summer for a fee estimated around £7.5 million. If this rumour is to be believed, Liverpool have found themselves a great player. <ok>

18. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Turkey midfielder Nurin Sahin, previously monitored by Chelsea and a possible summer target for Liverpool, could be free to leave current club Borussia Dortmund after the German league leaders lined up Nuremberg's Ilkay Gundogan as a replacement.
    Full story: talkSPORT

If we cannot get banega, due to Champs league, fee, the club not wanting to let him go. I would take Sahin in a heartbeat. A lefty and a good one at that, young, Turkish international. Over Charlie Adam any day.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Charlie Adam is not looking so good anymore, we may have had a lucky escape there.

20. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Agreed. I just think we can always do better with purchases. Charlie Adam is a good example of our "old" regime style. " I want to get a great passer of the ball, I want Pirlo.... What's that? No money/we can't? Ok Let's go for Charlie Adam" A few of those later and we have our current problem.

It makes me sick to think that we missed out on Alves, Carzola, Simao, Villa ( I know all attacking but the ones that spring to mind) because we couldn't cough up that extra amount.

Sahin would be a steal at 7.5, could lead to a possible Turan purchase as well?

If we bought Sahin, Taiwo, and Vargas I would be extremely happy this summer ( some of the names I like that I have heard). banega too but I feel he will probably stay.