1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours and Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 23, 2011.

1. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

He'd do a job for us a left back though.

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

good from set pieces, kick it high and we all know who will get to it.....hell while we are at it lets get chad ochocinco over and fulfill his dream, he is currently, through celebrity status, on the reserves of Sporting KC.....unreal.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Another great shout!! Will have a friend in Raul as well from his Porto days......

Liverpool face a battle to sign Aly Cissokho after the French defender revealed he was happy to stay at Lyon.
    Full story: talksport

4. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

To be honest I just hope we don't sign players for positions we already have. For Instance; we don't need any more strikers, in fact we could do with offloading 1 or 2. We probably don't need any Centre mids either; considering Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas, Meireles and Gerrard can all play that position.

We do need a right winger, a good one - my choice for this role would be: Ashley young. Although if we are reluctant to go for him; then I'd be tempted to just play Kuyt/Gerrard in that position until Raheem is ready to take a step into the first team.

We do need a left winger; and according to reports we've established the services of one: Sylvian Marveuax. Although I was hoping of a bigger name for that role such as Turan; I think Marveuax is still a good signing, and will free up money for us to spend on other positions.

We also need a deep lying playmaker, there aren't many of the sort we need out there as we need an Alonso figure, but I suppose Honda is a good target. I see Lucas as a Mascherano type player (and probably does it better than Mascherano). Another target could possibly be Esteban Granero from Real Madrid, would probably cost us a lot though.

In defence we need 1 more central defender and a Left back. The central defender I would go for would actually not be Cahill, Cahill is overpriced and I think rather overhyped because of his season's form. I would be tempted to go for a swap deal with Juventus; Aquilani for Giorgio Chiellini, perhaps with some money towards it. Left back obvious one would be Coentrão, but Aly Cissokho would also be a good choice for us.

Leaving us next season with new signings of:
    Coentrão,
    Chiellini,
    Esteban Granero,
    Marveaux,
    Ashely young

Don't think anybody could say we didn't have strength in depth then.

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Good shout on the chielleni -> Aqua deal! Although they prob don't want to let him go, but Aqua and a few mil I think they might let him go and use it elsewhere, they could use the money.

I know you say we don't need CM but I would love to see us snag Banega or a player of that mould. I just don't like the look of our team at the moment, and would strengthen the vital parts first but if you had the chance to sign a banega type player, you do it. Especially now where it is not so much about the money.

Anyone who says Krasic in the Juve deal with Aqua is crazy, they just bought him and he has been pretty good for them this year, no chance they are letting him go.

6. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Yes, we could do with another quality CM - It'd just mean we'd have to move a current CM on. More than likely it'll be Spearing going, he's 22 after all. I would rather have a LM than a CM though, or even a left footed CM would do me. We lack the depth on the Left and it'd be nice to strengthen that area up.

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Agreed Ze. My point is, if he is available, is there to buy, wants to come, we get him in! I hope we do land the likes of Turan, Marin, Coentrao, Taiwo, cissokho, for those outside positions, it would be incredible.

8. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

This is what is on the gossip column on the official site.
    Eljero Elia.
    Aaron Lennon.
    Ibrahim Affeley.
    Taye Taiwo.
    Aly Cissoko.
    Diego Perotti.
    How much of it is true is anyones guess.Lets wait and see.

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I hope its all true KPR!!

10. KingPepeReina.

Rumour has it that Juventus may be willing to trade Georgio Chellini for Aquilani.Liverpool and Juve are said to be in negotiations.

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Seriously? Because I only said that cause I thought it would be a good deal. It seems Comolli reads Not606 - he should credit me with the idea.

12. KingPepeReina.

I got that on my facebook page that Liverpool and Juventus are in negotiations over Aquilani.Its widely known that Juventus don't have the cash to sign Aquilani.So therefore a swap deal seems the most likely option.I reckon Liverpool would only consider Chellini or Milos Krasic.Juventus however would be more willing to let Chellini go than Krasic as they have only recently signed Krasic.

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Juan Vargas is a new one, for 11.5 mil. That would be good business, he can play LB, LM, in the hole. Good pace and strength on him and apparently Gilardino claims he is one of the best crossers of the ball he has played with. Crossing + Carroll=Success. plus I would love to see him play with Suarez and bet they would link up quite nicely. A lot of combination plays to be had between them! Get him in!

14. KingPepeReina.

Bluff city.
    Strong reports that there is something in that,The reports suggest that Damien Comolli has gone to his club with the hope of making a deal.

15. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I hope so, that would be an excellent buy and not that expensive in terms of figures that get thrown around. It seems years ago the Cisse broke the bank at like 13 mil ponds !!! =O

16. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

New rumour that we're going after Birmingham winger Sebastien Larsson in the summer as he's out of contract.

I've always thought he was a pretty good player but is he good enough? May be worth a punt as he's free?

17. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

yes please

18. KingPepeReina.

Wasn't good enough for Arsenal,not good enough for us.Let him join a small club with no money.Let Man United have him.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He doesn't want to play in the Championship which is where they are headed doing a Leeds, once the Glazers bankcrupt them.

20. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Don't think that will happen but hey keep grasping at those straws.

please log in to view this image
    [/url][/IMG]