1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours and Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Rumour on the talkSPORT website is that we are battling with AC Milan for the 22 year-old Standard Liege midfielder Axel Witsel. He has been followed by a number of European clubs in the past but they are saying that Liverpool and AC Milan are leading the chase. He has a contract till 2013 and would command a fee of around £10M.

Full link here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...ol-battle-ac-milan-standard-liege-star-summer

Thoughts? :emoticon-0100-smile

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Haven't seen much of him other than his name sounds like an 80's Rock Singer.

3. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Yeah, it does actually. <laugh>

4. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I wasn't in yesterday but I read that Reina's staying. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here (apologies if it was) but in a Spanish radio interview he said:

&#8220;I&#8217;m happy, calm and comfortable here, looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one, attractive and ambitious above all.

&#8220;It&#8217;s my understanding, and based on what I&#8217;ve gathered from the people here, that we will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles.

&#8220;Obviously, Benitez brought me here but that doesn&#8217;t mean that I&#8217;m unhappy with Dalglish, quite the opposite, I think he&#8217;s the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment.&#8221;

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Think we could sneak in with Van Der Wiel? We have Kuyt, an international team mate and Suarez, a former club team mate, it is also a position we need!

6. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

7. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

We don't need a RB? Kelly, Johnson and Flanagan can all play that position and well.

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

sorry, thought he was a LB. I think I am gettin my names and positions mixed up a bit, or just not reading the rumors right.

9. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Np, I think Taiwo has gone to AC Milan (nothing official yet) on a free so there goes that option. Aly Cissokho does look a good bet though!

10. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Liverpool are plotting a bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, the Argentina international who has scored 35 goals in 122 Serie A appearances.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Another Levezzi rumor, this has been bubbling since the Rafa days I believe. Another I would welcome with open arms!

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Lavezzi would be a very nice 4th option behind Suarez, Kuyt and Carroll. Would give us a class attacking lineup and plenty of "strength in depth."

12. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Lavezzi can also play wide.He and Suarez could interchange between the flank and the central area.As both tend to pop up in different areas.And don't tend to stay centrally.

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I'd play Lavezzi in front of Kuyt, or a Kuyt and Suarez Partnership with Lavezzi and Suarez kind of like AM's running off of them. To do that though we would need some serious steel in the middle and a proper passer of the ball. or Lavezzi behind Carroll and Suarez wide or one or the other.

Linked with LLoris and Cissokho again today. I can see Aly but not LLoris anymore with Reina sort of stating he wants to stay now.

14. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Cissoko definitely,I don't think we need Lloris unless Pepe goes.

15. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

I think he'd be a very expensive 4th option!

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

17. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing KK!! I doubt he would leave 2nd place, champs league bound Napoli, a sure starter to be 4th option!

18. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Quite a lot for someone who has the ability but that is a lot for a defender I feel!
    Arsenal and Liverpool could be priced out of a bid for Paris St Germain centre-back Mamadou Sakho after he was rated at £20m.
    Full story: Daily Mail

I really hope not, he is a hot-head and ego maniac. Does not play defense and would be a problem more than a solution
    However, Warnock will have to resist a move from Liverpool for his captain Adel Taarabt this summer.
    Full story: caughtoffside.com

I have been preaching Vargas name around here for a little bit as a solution for our LB and LM problem, anyone see his goal yesterday? cracker!

19. osama bin ladin

osama bin ladin New Member

enrique
    adam
    a.young

20. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Hey I thought you were dead!

Good call on Young. Welcome to the site.