1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rooney!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by jayGills74, Nov 19, 2011.

1. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

If negotiations have recommenced the timings look good from the club point of view. First of all Dad Rooney will have to face up to the fact that Lad has lost his place in the team, the team has done rather well without him and Lad has become much less marketable. Secondly, Lad Rooney may be more than a bit disappointed that he is not in the running for a place in the team to play Stoke when he might get chance to show off on tele. A good negotiating position for the club but it seems like there is not a lot of room for commonsense in this one and if Lad and Dad continue to be difficult there will only be one outcome.

2. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Any sources to back up the contract demands from the Rooneys? Seems pretty unreasonable to me but as I said until I see some evidence I shall not judge

3. brb

brb Guest

It appears no one from either side is giving much a way, just listened to this interview with Hessy...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16067084.stm?

Sort of dodged the question on an improved offer, wanting to keep out of it, leaving it to the Chairman and Rooney to sort out.

If I heard the question right 'does he still remain unavailable for selection' - 'definitely'.

4. bristol407

BSG There is an article on Gills Fansonline which refers to a source with access to inside info at GFC. The suggestion is that Rooney has turned down a 4 fold increase and is holding out for an 8 fold increase which would be parity with Lee and Whelpdale, who, understandably are reputed to be the top earners. The suggestion is that by League 2 standards Gills are high payers.
    None of this is forensic evidence but it does all sound plausible and would explain the current deadlock. Rooney should expect a significant uplift in earnings at this stage of his career and it sounds like he was offered one.

5. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Well if he has turned down a good offer then he is out of order, it is about time he acted more like an adult and not like a child who has a dream of being a millionaire.

6. brb

brb Guest

Please tell me you said that tongue in cheek <laugh>

7. bristol407

My take on this is very much tongue in cheek but that is not to say it is wrong. It does seem plausible and the numbers sound about right but as I say it is hardly forensic standard of evidence.

8. brb

brb Guest

bristol any chance of a link, I would be interested to see those numbers, you know how much I like numbers <laugh>

Either that or a PM with the details would be suffice <ok>

9. bristol407

If you go to Gillingham fansonline and pick up the article which started running on 3/12 you will see it all (for what it is worth). I am old fashioned enough to think that players' salaries should be confidential but to save you doing the sums it is implied that Rooney has been offered £60 K + and the other 2 get double that. I imagine these would be basics and exclude bonuses and would be probably generous by league 2 standards but a footballers life can be short.

10. brb

brb Guest

bristol - thanks <ok>

Just read it, the reason I did not find it first time was because I was to lazy to click to the 'next' page!

I'm not generally overly impressed with that site, however, it does make for an interesting read.

Just picking up on your comment about a footballers life is a short one - yeah welcome to the real world, they can also then go and get a proper job like you and me.

11. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Here you go brb, don't say I never give you anything.

4 7 13 37 43 - 5/8. Good luck, you can get me a pint the next time you see me.

12. brb

brb Guest

bristol will confirm, all bets have to placed in rupees <laugh>

13. bristol407

Yes, I can confirm that brb's not606 activities are a cover for his gambling initiatives which are all based in Mumbai where he also advises the Venky family on acquisition of clubs in the Premiership (this is why he pretends to have no interest in the Premiership). In this role he knows the bank details and preferred currency of all Premiership refs.

14. brb

brb Guest

bristol - thank you <ok>

After a long day, I can confirm that the whole Rooney situation has now been solved, it wasn't easy but when it comes to the FA, I have good contacts in Mumbai. So the three match ban has been reduced to two, Just having a read back through this thread what's all this stuff about Wayne's contract and what's it got to do with our Chairman? <whistle>