1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rooney!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by jayGills74, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Gills-man-Ant-Dog

Gillinghamlad i agree with you entirely, as soon as Whelpdale came off I was sat there thinking Payne rarely makes a difference (he went on to score a great goal to be fair!) but we had absolutely nothing else on the bench, and at 1-1 Rooney would have been the perfect fit to come in and open a game which at that point could of gone either way.

I back Hessy of course, however I think he is to quick to come out with rash statements at times, he should have stayed quiet until after tonights game as without Nouble and kuffour Rooney was needed on the bench.

2. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

hess has clearly stated that he hasnt even signed the improved offer, as in they negotiated and the club made a new offer, why should the club be held to ransom, i would think there are a few youngsters out there that we could sign for the same sort of money, that maybe arent as skillful but maybe better all round packages. this is just my opinion but rooney feels like a luxuary player to me, look at taarabt at qpr very skillful player but doesnt want to be at the club, isnt getting games and warnock has said he'd quite happily sell him.

3. gillspb

gillspb Active Member

The whole point is that none of us have any idea of what he has been offered, it may well be an improved offer on his previous contract but if the improvement is very small he may quite rightly have decided not to sign it. You say we can sign other youngsters on the same sort of money, what money is that? Do you know how much he is earning? Do you know the contract he has been offered? How do you know he is holding the club to ransom? He has also never ever said he does not want to be at the club, he has only declined to sign the current contract on offer to him. Though we can all offer opinions on what we see on the pitch ie you consider him to be a luxury player where as I consider him to be a very good player it is very difficult to offer a considered opinion on something none of us really have any idea about.

4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Hess said Ronney has been offered a better contract than the last one but he was a first or second year pro so was very low. He has also said that Ronney has still not played enough matches to warrent a better deal. He has done well this season so should not be out of the first team squard, once Nouble goes back and Kuffer may not stay when his loan finishes we will be light weight again. Who also was confident enough to take the spot kick against Accrinton to level the scores.

5. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

All this conjecture is why I said that Hess publicising the issue was ill-concieved, a much improved and well liked (in some fan circles) player is now being seen as a "judas" and "greedy" by many fans, who (lets face it) aren't informed enough to make a judgement. This is doing nothing to strenghten harmony within the club, I am afrraid this is a PR clanger drop by the management

6. Gills-man-Ant-Dog

I agree BSG, these matters should be kept 'in house', rooney has now been completely ostracized from the team and indeed squad when thinking logically, whatever happens we have to pay him until the end of the season and we are not a Man City who can quite happily pay someone who isn't playing. For us to have a decent player being paid but not featuring, is ridiculous in my eyes.

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

People are saying we shouldn't comment as we don't know then go on and comment anyway,

Rooney refusing to sign.
    Hess speaking out.
    Rooney already signed for a January switch.

All possible scenarios, but until we know the facts we cannot criticize Hess or Rooney on speculation.

8. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Grumpy as I said while I am not judging the situation I think the decision to make the situation public was the wrong one

9. brb

brb Guest

Speculation - not quite sure what speculation that is?

Clearly there was comments published via many media articles, could be the same source. However, referring to comments from Hessy, that's not speculation, unless you add additional content to it. The only thing I have NOT seen is Rooney's response to it, accept for a couple of twitter comments that refer in NO way to contractual events. Also we are not aware of those contractual details.

So I think we are free to comment on what has been published, unless the media are telling lies.

10. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

BSG - Spot on ( see we can agree.) I made a post ( no.41) - and slightly defended Rooney - because, I said we only had the Club's side of things -NOT that the matter should have been made ' public. ' Whomsoever made that decision has not given much thought about the overall harmony of the team. The breakdown of negotiations should only be made common knowledge if ALL other avenues have been explored - I don't believe that the Club has admitted this.

11. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

And had Rooney not been played without explanation that would also be wrong.<whistle>

12. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Not at all, personally I assumed Rooney was dropped due to fatigue or due to a drop of form, and since we are winning without him I wouldn't think that he was justifying a recall

13. Gills79

Gills79 Member

Rooney to stay or go?

Don't care really. Even before this he divided opinion between fans. Some thinking he's some kind of wonder boy and others rating him as pretty average. I am definitely with the latter!

14. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Sad to hear of this.

I have always rated the lad. He certainly has the talent, but still a bit raw.

I believe he and his advisers are expecting a similar deal to Jack Payne, but then Payne is considered a regular starter when fit, where as Rooney is not quite up to that level yet.

Oh well, might get some money from selling him on, but can't see it being more than 50K due to lack of 1st team appearances.

15. webspider

webspider New Member

hello friends,
    It's not hard to think of the vast array of styles that Rooney are using in their quest to redefine unassuming pop music. Tracks like "Stars and Stripes" take the trite "motivational" lyrics of their peers and meld them with the simple, jazz flair of Steely Dan. As well, the band contributes their fair share of unsubstantial eighties pop music, drowning in waves of simplistic and tedious pop rehash. But, though the band specializes in everything that's been done before, that's not Rooney's most palpable problem. With Eureka, the band has produced an album which is so boring it's become distracting. It's hard to wade through the overwhelming amount of forgettable verses and lackluster hooks in order to hit a short moment of promise. However, when this promise is found, it's nearly always a near-replication of their influences' styles. Seventies and eighties pop tributes are abound, with sneaky takes on jazzy piano rock and modern production ethics. This style of sound manipulation gives the album a glossy sheen, of course, but it only makes Rooney's flaws more evident.
    thanks

16. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Taxi for webspider. Thank you that insightful input.

17. brb

brb Guest

Did someone call for a cab? <laugh>

18. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Back to the Gills Rooney. I see from what I have read elsewhere that the Rooneys are all Millwall fans, Dad Rooney is Child Rooney's agent and their demand is parity with Whelpdale and Lee. Can anyone imagine a more impossible negotiation? Bye Bye Rooneys. Sympathies for Hessy on Mission Impossible, Hessy seems to be managing the situation rather well given the circumstances and the track record of the Child.

19. brb

brb Guest

20. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Hope to hear something about the outcome soon.