1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rebranding

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Goodbyen0t606, May 8, 2012.

1. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Ok. Blue. i thought the board got shares and those shares would become worth more of less depending of the value of the club.

2. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

I'm pretty sure that they would have some idea of what coming. SB would surely have told them. But you're right. Never a dull moment.

3. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

Like this?

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Or this...

untitled.jpg

5. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Or even this.. ccfc.png

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

True Siam but also depends on the trading side of the business.

The asset value will not be great as the Stadium worth is unlkely to have increased (and we have an 80% mortgage on its original value I believe - could be 70% but don't know for sure) and short term will decrease with the loss of the Blues rental income stream.

The balance sheet will look much better with debt converted to shares - also depends on the type of shares as these can be arranged in a number of ways - too complex to go into detail here. However, it will need a few years of retained profits and increased asset values (enlarged stadium, club owned training ground, higher player valuations etc) to make the share values push up any degree.

Also, in reality the value of shares in a private company is very subjective and can depend on just how much an outsider wants to buy in.

Far from simple.

I drove through the Vale Hotel grounds a couple of weeks ago. I thought we had a training ground there. There was a single football pitch set up and about 5 or 6 rugby pitches. Our name/logo is still on the admin block but have we stopped or reduced our use of the place? I know the academy and young players train at the improved ground at Treforest but has anyone heard what is happening at the Vale? If we are to buy our own training ground where will that be?

7. Goodbyen0t606

8. McLarenBluebird

It's going to be an interesting few months now. Anyone know a good administrator? Got a feeling we will be calling one in now. Yes I was against the red, but a red cardiff city would still be a cardiff city

9. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Well all i can say, i hope the people who spoke out so loudly about these proposals are now prepared to watch over the burial of the club. Small minded people with no foresight. I for one am gutted, Last one out switch off the lights.

10. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

I wonder sometimes whether certain sections of our support would rather us go back to the 'Glory' days of L2 football.
    Here's to a very uncertain summer.

11. McLarenBluebird

Exactly. Unfortunately I think that the Malaysians are now in a lose lose situation. The small minded will hate them for the idea, and now if the club goes because of the hatred to the proposals, the same people will blame for not investing or not caring. Its a shame, and its never easy supporting this club

12. londonbluebirds

here we go doom and gloom..we only opposed the clubs hundred year history getting ripped up and changed<yikes>...its not like everyone has been saying get the TG and vincent out..they are gonna have proposals and other plans in place for investment.. surely 2 successful business men would not have cardiff city's future completely resting on the change to a red kit and a different badge..so those of you who are calling the fans who opposed their plans small minded,i think maybe you should just step back and think maybe you are getting a little small minded to...even the letter starts with "i would like to ensure all cardiff city fc supporters that the feelings towards the club is as strong as ever from malaysia"

13. McLarenBluebird

But also read the statement saying about the deal being off. No £100mill, safety gone for now.

14. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

london, I would suggest you start worrying as well seeing as we have a mountian of debt and now no plan to get rid of it.
    Its alll very well saying they are going to be other proposals, but at this moment in time there isn't.
    Do you know anyone with 50-100 million to spare, because I sure don't.

15. londonbluebirds

so a red kit and badge changes was the only proposals they have............ok then.:huh:

16. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

It obviously matters to them, and they are the ones with the money, so I guess thats a yes

17. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

It was all about, rebranding to attract a wider audience, The lunatics have left the asylum. I hope the Shepherds are now happy with their flock. Wasters the lot of them. I think the Malaysians will see this as a great big slap in the face, and i for one dont blame them if they do pull out, afterall theres nobody out there to take their place is there. All this gobbing off with no plan B and like i said earlier, as soon as the politicians got involved then disaster would be imminent. Well folks standby for the Disaster to strike.

18. Goodbyen0t606

It was the key component to their business plan. As stated many times, they felt the only way forward for the club was to tie themselves to Asia. You may disagree with them, but without that link they will not follow that plan, which now means they are looking for additional and new investors. This pretty much suggests they are leaving. So yes, we are still Blue........and we are still broke at this stage. And will we ever ever see anybody willing to invest 100 million again??

Sorry...the more I think about it, I just can't believe this....I really can't. I hope some good news comes out of this and VT shows some extraordinary goodwill towards th club.

19. londonbluebirds

bb1927 i just can't see it but hey everyone has a right to their own opinion.

20. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Its absolutly crazy to turn them down, its not as if you could not have voted with your wallet and bought the blue away strip, and its not as if you would be banned from calling the team bluebirds.
    Sheer Madness, but as I've said previously to you, I respect your right to an opinion on the matter.