1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rebranding

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Goodbyen0t606, May 8, 2012.

1. McLarenBluebird

And thats the main thing, we still had a BLUE kit on the horizon, meaning if we wanted to, we could keep to our traditional colours.

We don't own the club, they do, its therefore theirs to do what they want. They believed tying us to Malaysia would be good going forward, and were willing to invest heavily to do so.

2. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

I would go as far as saying its theirs to do with as they please, but it is certainly their responsibility to do what is best for the club. They have tried to do so and have had it thrown back in their face.
    The more I think about this, the more gobsmacked I become.

3. McLarenBluebird

wrong choice of wording on my part, but yeah was meaning theirs to do with what they want for what they deem to be best. If they felt bringing us increased exposure was for the best, and this was the way to do it, then who were we to disagree with that? Would we have hated this if it got us out of the championship into the promised land and on the way to being established? Probably not.

4. The Exile

The Exile Member

5. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

the whole affair has been a shambles because what was initially a proposition by the owners was leaked, everyone starts panicking and not thinking clearly, yesterday i went from supporting it to not, back and forth etc..

i blame the arsehole who leaked it....if we could have heard directly from the owners and possibly fans questions posed to them directly, then it would have avoided alot of people making knee jerk reactions.... the owners are (rightly or wrongly) now perceived to be cold hearted businessmen without the interests of the fans at heart. problem is that some fans want glory at any cost and some are more traditional and would rather keep the (traditions, not financial) future of the club intact even though from the malaysians point of view they are probably scratching their heads at why we would pass up the opportunity of their investment.

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Obviously I can't fully understand it from your point of view but why is seemingly no-one questioning why the investment had to be dependent on the kit/badge change? And why are the Malaysians seemingly throwing their toys out of the pram because there was (understandably) some opposition to the proposals?

7. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Read the threads mate. All answered.

8. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Obviously I can't fully understand why you feel the need to comment on what Cardiff fans want or do not want. You have a thread dedicated to this on the Leeds board, so why dont you use it and **** off

9. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

for the figures they quoted before, it was a condition, they believe there is money to be made from rebranding.

they were probably taken aback by the media circus as they werent prepared for it (confidentiality agreements broken) so they issued a statement today which you can read on our website (seeing as your so interested) and they will revise their proposals.

10. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.

Count yourselves lucky!

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Why are they 'mindless idiots' for not wanting your club's identity to be destroyed? Bluebirds1927, you're obviously a piece of work so maybe you should have been at the head of the queue telling the Malaysians to '**** off'.

You're very good at it. <applause>

12. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with wanting to protect your identity, but bileous outpourings and overt threats are not required and very offensive.

Talking of bileous and offensive KJ........

13. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

As a non-Cardiff fan, I'm not going to pass judgement on whether this will have any knock-on effects. I simply don't know enough about your financial situation or the potential of the Asian market to make an informed comment on that.

What I will say is that your owners have decided not to press ahead with this, despite having the ability to force this through if they were determined to. You've got to have a certain level of respect for that.

14. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Why would I tell the Malayasians to **** off when they are acting in the best interests of my club?

You and your Jack buddies come over here to do nothing other than stir the **** and ruin any decent thread about my club. Then you have the cheek to say im a piece of work.

**** off you Jack Bastard, if you don't like it, **** off back to your own board.

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Future of the club uncertain thanks to the mindless idiots.

82% against is what is being said so you cant call the majority mindless idiots, at least they are sticking to what they believe in and keeping the brand bluebird and not selling their club to another country so they can have a team playing in the uk.it will be their team not yours then. you will be just paying guests watching a foreign team playing at whatever they decide to call the stadium eventually......

16. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Go back to your history lessons Dai.

17. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

What kind of sad life must you have to repeat yourself on multipul threads about a club you don't even support. Get a life, get a hobby, get out more.

and **** OFF

18. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

i dont think dai`s been watching football for the last 15 years........we just toys gone dude,,,,rich mans toys.........lets just hope they spoil us rotten rather than treat us like a dirty fkr

19. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Poor old Dai, he's just learnt how to copy & paste <doh>

20. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

honestly, theres wind ups and there's acting like a total ****ing dick. We've got about 5 threads on the issue and he says the same ****ing thing on each one - not to offer an opinion or constructive arguement - but just to ruin any CCFC debate.

It takes a special kind of sad **** to be like that.