1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off the field operations

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Oliver's Army, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye it seems a bit rich. I’d maybe pay it for the nostalgia/limited edition element I’d just get no use.

Never got gilets. Like you have got arms and a cold body? That’s a heart attack aint it? Ha.

If they fetch out polos in that style I’ll be all over them.

Robertson and Essayyeffcee like this.
  2. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

i know the club has been decent with the online media recently but i feel it has been dire since last season ended, nothing about pre-season games or info regarding them or if any streams/audio will be available, no pictures for the 4 new lads on the first team players and still none for ekwah and lihadji.

also, from what i am gathering about the digital season tickets it seems those without smart phones or those needing help on match days are going to be left in sh1t creek...really hope this is getting sorted, at least give an option of digital and physical cards, after all if the fans get left they will stop coming.

3. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Got the lad the away kit this afternoon. £77 all in with name and number on the back with 10% discount. Pricey but he’s over the moon. Shirt is definitely better in person.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Quite like the track tops, didn’t really appeal on pics but seeing them on the lads they look decent.

5. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

I've seen loads of pictures and videos of the new lads training?

6. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Shop open?

7. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Really ?
    Maybe they haven't been as active on the main club web site but they were probably busy trying to sort out the club shop and the new kit, but they've been quite active on twitter and even joined the new threads platform
    https://www.threads.net/@sunderlandafcofficial

A lot of this stuff is on the Pre-season thread

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye instagram is busy as well. Plenty busy.

9. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

ahh, yeh i see now, i was meaning the safc.com site.

apologies, i am not 'trendy' enough for tw@tter and the rest...it seems that if you do not keep up with the latest trends then you are left behind :(

Southern A and RTB like this.
  10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Capture.GIF
    You don't have to be trendy or even sign up to twitter - anyone can read it
    I just check the latest stories on safc here:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=#SAFC&src=typed_query&f=live

11. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

nice local company!

12. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

13. Oliver's Army

Posted by Guiness Guzzler over on RTG re: Tickets....

Just finished a teams call with the club so I've got a couple bits to update people on.

Firstly, if you've opted for a physical season card you won't (well, you shouldn't) get a digital ticket for Mallorca. They said that people with physical cards shouldn't be able to buy online, they'd have to purchase from the ticket office. If for any reason you've got a physical card and you have received a digital ticket, it will be valid if you're able to use it, if not you'll need to go to the ticket office and they'll print out a match ticket.

They've said that the cards will, for some future games, be able to be "loaded" with a purchased cup / play off match, but this will only be the case for games where the full stadium is open and you're buying your own seat.

If you've opted for a physical card, they've amended email addresses so that you won't get sent a digital season card link as well. There's some technical reason behind that, but I asked what about people who want a physical card as back up but are also happy to try digital. The club confirmed that if you have a physical card, you can contact them and say you also want a digital season ticket and they'll send it to you separately.

Transferring of tickets - the option to transfer Ipswich tickets shouldn't be live yet. I shared my screen to show that I was getting the option to forward to a friend. They've said it shouldn't be active yet, and that's why people can't get successfully share them. Should be active next week.

I also asked about the fact it says the tickets can't be upgraded. They've said this is because they haven't uploaded the price categories that sit behind it yet. Basically they need to work out how much it would cost people to move from u16 to adult or adult to over 65 etc. I stressed that people will want to be able to do this, and they have said they're aiming to get that functionality in place soon.

Anything else that crops up let me know. Apologies if I've missed anything, had quite a few queries on this one

QR codes are staying on the season tickets for now, might be removed later but they're there initially, which I'd assume means you don't actually need NFC but will in the future

14. Brainy Dose

Brainy Dose Well-Known Member

Well done mate,in getting to grips with all of that!
    How ****ing difficult is it to get a ticket to go and watch a football match in 2023?
    And here's me being told by all and sundry that modern technology is good for us! No wonder we're all heading for a mental fall!

Oliver's Army likes this.
  15. Oliver's Army

It's crazy. Just thought copy it for people over here after his meeting with the club.

I'm in the first boat, bought 2 Mallorca tickets today, one for me (happy to have digital season ticket) and one for the bairn (went down for a physical card for him last week). Only my digital ticket sent to me, looks like I need to go down the ticket office for a physical ticket for him.

What a ****ing mess.

Brainy Dose likes this.
  16. Brainy Dose

Absolutely! It's complete madness!

17. Oliver's Army

And it looks like it will be a paper ticket, when the reason for going digital was to help save the environment <laugh><laugh>

I'll have to jump in the motor and drive down for a piece of paper <laugh>

Robertson, rowley and Brainy Dose like this.
  18. Brainy Dose

:emoticon-0102-bigsm The lunatics have taken over the asylum mate. Anyway....hope you and the bairn get in safe and sound....!

19. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

did you check bairns email to see if he got a digital one if so can add to your phone for this match

20. Oliver's Army

Yeah, it's my other email account so I would get the email in there anyway but got nowt. I created an Outlook account after the Gmail carry on but both are my accounts. The email with the ticket came through from SKI DATA so there wouldn't be a problem with Gmail users. Got nowt in the Gmail account.