1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic NHS pay rise

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Oh the great days... and if they do cross a picket line we'll attack them and their families without mercy?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

The top and bottom of it is that if Boris Johnson walked down the street with a machine gun randomly killing people the brainwashed cult of Boris would say "Well it would have been much worse if it was Jeremy Corbyn/Kier Starmer/Tony Blair/Cherie Blair" etc. etc. The Tory Party now have licence to do whatever they like and the media and their fan boys will brush it off with a totally irrelevant argument about Labour party politicians. This is how bad things have got in this country.

3. Philby

Philby Member

you cant compare New Zealand to us. labour were still deciding which one of their leadership candidates were the shortest and thickest when this kicked off. for the unions to be demanding 12.5% pay rise when people are looking at a bleak future, through no fault of their own,is morally bankrupt . the union has said they have £35million for industrial action . here's a thought , why dont they give that money to the nurses as a bonus this year while the government support those who have an un certain future? Then next year we'll see where we are. The unions would rather use that money to give the government a poke in the eye than do the right thing though.

The Norton Cat, Saf and Nads like this.
  4. Saf

Labour condemned the government for not joining up with the EU vaccine procurement program.

I would still be a long way from having my jab if they were in charge...

5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That's a ridiculous statement to make. I've not seen anyone who claims to be a Conservative voter incapable of criticising aspects of this government's policies. I really don't understand how anyone can think that the UK media, with the exception of the obvious newspapers, is pro-Conservative. In fact, the broadcast media pushes a profoundly left-wing (if not pro-Labour) agenda.
    Jeremy Corbyn and his acolytes, with their nauseating chanting of his name at music festivals, is the closest we've had to a cult in British politics certainly in my lifetime and probably in history.

6. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Well-Known Member

Not has as far as mainstream media is concerned. Corbyn is gone
    ahh, the EHRC report that found that the party were not institutionally antisemitic which is what I was pointing out in the first place. The fact is it was weaponised by the MSM as a political stick to beat him with

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

That inflation comment is a complete piss take though. It’s the first time in my NHS career where the pay rise offer has exceeded inflation. And that’s only because of inflation being so low! So if they’re using that, then the last 13 years inflation has been in excess of 2% every year. Up to 3% at times.

Nig likes this.
  8. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

What a load of absolute shyte <doh>

Some are just so blinkered that they can't even contemplate the other side as being anything other than 'the enemy' . . . . rendering any reasonable debate impossible :emoticon-0101-sadsm

9. Saf

You guys need a pay rise and it needs to be above 1%. There's a lot of truth in what is said there, though.

It pisses me off that all the politicians are taking home over 80 grand a year with all their expenses and guaranteed pay rises when frontline workers and services are being cut back with pay freezes and minimal rises.

10. Saf

So all the proof that emerged of Labour MP's and supporters being videoed behaving in an anti-Semitic manner were just a fragment of everybody's imagination? :emoticon-0148-yes:

It's always best to front up to racist issues and get them out rather than trying to play them down and sweep them under the carpet...

11. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Well-Known Member

If any cases of antisemitism were found then it’s only right they are dealt with. I’ve never said there were no cases of antisemitism within the party, only that it was blown out of proportion by the media to make it seem like a major issue which was used as a tool to attack Corbyn. Now that it’s served it’s purpose, now that Corbyn is gone, you never seem to hear about it in the media

12. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Some people allow any member of NHS staff sainthood. Doesn't wash with me they are just employed people to me nothing more. Everyone suffers, everyone struggles and the overly emotional arguments for a higher rise are just that. Yes hypothetically a job in the NHS will mean you see a lot of awful things, but so will the police, fire brigade, care workers, etc even vets must have a tremendously mentally difficult job. So what I'm getting at is no one is special and using a pandemic as unionist leveraging is wrong.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  13. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Well it would have been even more blinkered under Jeremy Corbyn <laugh>

14. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

And there you go.....Jeremy Corbyn's fan boys are much worse than Boris Johnson's fan boys.

15. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Another injury ffs

16. The Norton Cat

Well, no. The point I'm making is that your claim that Johnson has 'fan boys' has no basis in fact and comes across as blinkered when a fan club has been built up around Corbyn. From what I've seen, the majority of the 'brainwashed', blinkered, infantile 'fandom' occurs on the left of the divide. E.g. 'Johnson could walk down the street with a machine' etc.

17. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Jeremy Corbyn is not in power as Prime Misister. Jeremy Corbyn is not even leader of the opposition, he is a back bench MP. What he has to do with anything Boris Johnson does or says is genuinely beyond my comprehension.

Montysoptician likes this.
  18. The Norton Cat

You stated that there were a group of 'brainwashed' right-wing people who think that Johnson can do no wrong. I provided a more obvious example, of the same thing that you're criticising the right for, on the left. Its not difficult.

19. Saf

Johnson, Starmer, Sturgeon? Stop keeping us in suspense, Marcus :emoticon-0112-wonde

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  20. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

"A more obvious example" of what I said is now taking place, you are now turning this into who has the biggest "fan boys". Pointless. I can now see the reason Jeremy Corbyn is being used. It is to obfuscate. Thanks for enlightening me. I do not need to discuss further.