1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next Arsenal manager ?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Who should the next Arsenal manager be ?

1. Leonardo Jardim

2. Carlo Ancelotti

3. Joachim Loew

4. Mikel Arteta

5. Massimo Allegri

6. Diego Simeone

7. Luis Enrique

8. Brenden Rodgers

9. Antonio Conte

10. Zinedine Zidane

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...urites-to-succeed-arsene-wenger-a3821726.html

Reading the signs at the bookmakers and the way things have developed, I think Luis Enrique has already been offered and accepted the job, at least in principle.

I don't think they could have kept a lid on it if Arteta, or any of the other candidates that are currently employed, had reached that stage. Ancelotti is an outside bet, but I think he is a bit old and far more likely to take the Italy job.

I don't think you have too much to worry about.

white_gunner likes this.
  2. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I think he's the most sure bet at this point, and not a bad one if it comes about. We need to continue the attacking legacy of previous sides and I think he will provide that. Beyond that I don't know.

ToledoTrumpton likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. If Enrique came in, Arteta would make a very good number two with his extensive experience of the PL and his links to Barca and experience of La Liga. He would make the perfect bridge, like he does for City. The extra incentive would be for him to be groomed for the job long term.

4. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

voted Conte.. why you guys want to try with new managers who have no experience in PL

5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Well because Conte(Chelsea), Mourinho (Chelsea), Guardiola (City), Wenger (Arsenal), Ferguson (United), Anchelotti (Chelsea), Pellegrini(City), Mancini (City) etc...
    have all proved you don't need Premierleague experience to come in and win the league.

My first choices would be Allegri, Simeone and Enrique none of which have worked in the EPL and I really dont think that matters.

ToledoTrumpton likes this.
  6. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

how much is that % from foreign managers who came in?
    beside City and Chelsea had best teams around with best individuals , it was an easier ride for those managers.. so sure you can't put those managers as an examples, Pep was struggling at his first season, despite he took over a team who win the leagues 2 times, they were struggling, he spend 425m in 2 seasons to make a winning team into what they are now. can Arsenal match that and your team is far away from a winning team?!!!
    and you can't count SAF as a foreign manager, he knows English football well, I think the difference between the Scottish league and PL at that time , was minimum style wise at that time, sure am not talking about quality.
    AW came with a great base to build with team of winners who win league some seasons ago, he was french and brought some great french players. but once that run out, he was exposed
    I think there is an element of risk with every foreign manager with no PL experience.
    tbh if I was Arsenal board, I would had give it ago with Marco Silva, I think his attacking style is formidable , he was doing great till lost his team with him been linked to Everton job
    Allegri and Simeone produce more balanced football style, which is kind like Jose dose, I think Arsenal brand of football more fit to alike of Silva
    Enrique has no managerial experience, and he struggled with a team full of stars, I really don't rate him.

7. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

People often talk about how AW inherited a strong team and that's what gave him his early success. Why didn't Moyes have the same success with his inherited team?

Taking on a manager with zero EPL experience is a big risk, but it pales into insignificance against that of letting our hearts choose the next manager and going for someone like Viera or Arteta.

PINKIE likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Appointing Vieira or even Henry would be stupid and unnecessary gamble. They have practically zero experience, and none at the top level. It would be a quick way to ruin their reputations, because it would likely go pear shaped really quickly.

There's an expectation to build on the legacy that Wenger built, not chuck it away with the roll of a dice. Arsenal need to appoint a manager who is proven at the top and knows how to manage games in the big comps.

9. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Tim Sherwood to name just one good reason to avoid ex players <doh>

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

When I think back to some of the managers that were put forward as replacements for Wenger over the years, it's frightening. I know people were frustrated, I was too. But some of the suggestions were just ****ing stupid. Owen Coyle for example, just been released by Ross County...

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The idea that great ex-players make great managers is a total myth. Yes some have done well, but the game is littered with ex players like Mark Hughes, Graeme Souness, Bryan Robson and even our own Tony Adams who are **** at management.

12. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Ossie Ardiles & Glenda Hoddle <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> So Many Spud legends have ruined their reputations by trying to manage that shower of ****

14. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

I suppose there are legends and then there are legends. Even Scunthorpe (no offence Scunthorpe) have their own legends.

PINKIE likes this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I should have put that in inverted commas to be fair.

16. TheBear

This is a non-sense post. The fact is they all came in and won the league - thats the only relevant statistic here.

How did Enrique struggle at Barca?? He won two league titles, A Copa Del Ray and a Champions League in just three years with a win percentage of nearly 80% (higher than Guardiola managed) - That's the literal opposite of struggling!

17. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

Andrew Hessenthaler ??+

18. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

you are not Barcelona man, tbh even my grandma can have a chance leading Barca to titles
    If you seriously think he can achieve something here, then please have him, I would love that
    he had a great first season, but start to fade, the team by end of his reign was lacking everything , even himself he throw the towel and said he will not renew his contract and Barca happily let him .. and look now to the transformation, yet to lose in La liga

I used to look to Barca and see what Pep had added to the team, I look to Barca during Enrique period, am not sure what he did?
    If you love him that much, please from all my heart , have him and we better talk 2 years in time..

19. TheBear

Marca are claiming that Enrique to Arsenal is happening and the former Barca manager is 'on his way to London'.

20. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Funny, I heard the deal was off according the Times.