1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next Arsenal manager ?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Who should the next Arsenal manager be ?

1. Leonardo Jardim

2. Carlo Ancelotti

3. Joachim Loew

4. Mikel Arteta

5. Massimo Allegri

6. Diego Simeone

7. Luis Enrique

8. Brenden Rodgers

9. Antonio Conte

10. Zinedine Zidane

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Some names being banded about. Who would you like to see in charge ?

Leonardo Jardim.

He's done really well at Monaco, winning the league ahead of PSG with all of their cash, whilst Monaco were selling their best players. He likes to play attacking football too and would be a good fit with Arsenal's style of play. Apparently he was lined up as a replacement before Wenger signed a 2 year extension last season. He's still keen apparently.

Carlo Ancelotti

Won the Champions league 3 times and reached 4 finals. Won the league with AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG, and Bayern Munich. Tons of experience and would bring a steady hand to Arsenal.

Joachim Loew

Good experience with the German national team, managing the team at the top level in the worlds premier competition and winning it. Would suit Arsenal's style of play. But he hasn't managed at club level since 2004 and could be a bit 'out of the loop'

Mikel Arteta

Knows the club and was a good captain, has gone on to a successful coaching role at Man City, so he knows the rigours of club level at the very top. Untested in a managerial capacity though at this level. He'd be a big gamble.

Brendan Rodgers

Just ****ing no !

Diego Simeone

The hot ticket at the moment and in big demand for his next move. Would instil a much needed work ethic and do or die philosophy at the club. Tactically quite defensive, but it's an area that we have been piss weak in so desperately needs addressing. Has won la liga ahead of giants Barca and Real and on a relative budget and took Atletico to two champions league finals.

Massimo Allegri

A brilliant tactician and very effective coach. Has won the league with Juve three times and taken them to two Champions league finals. He'd be more of a 'fit' than Simeone and would be a safer bet for the board than a firebrand figure.

Luis Enrique

His style would suit Arsenal, looks destined to end up at Chelsea though.

Antonio Conte

Won the league in his first season with Chelsea. Would inject some passion and enthusiasm into the team. Doesn't seem to be the best in the transfer market though, and there's a question mark over his man management with some players. The whole Diego Costa thing at Chelsea was a massive **** up.

Zinedine Zidane

Some doubted whether he could be as good a manager as he was as a player, but he's won it all at Real. Arsenal would represent a whole different challenge for him though.

Marco Silva

Wildcard choice. Hasn't done much yet as a manager, but was looking very good at Watford until he fell out with them over the approach from Everton. Would be a huge gamble, but probably quite easy to get.

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Brendan Rodgers or another year with Wenger...now there is a a worse choice than being hit in the nuts with a baseball bat or a kick in the nuts with steel toe caps!
    <yikes>

TheBear, bobo_97 and PINKIE like this.
  3. remembercolinlee

There are rumours about AVB being in the running too <whistle>

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd like to see Wenger replaced this summer. But if it takes another season to get the right man then I'm prepared to wait. Brendan ****ing Rodgers should be nowhere near our club, not for one ****ing minute. Cannot believe that some people are seriously entertaining the idea.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  5. remembercolinlee

On a serious note...I heard Patrick Viera mentioned over the weekend. Think he is managing in the MLS

6. remembercolinlee

That would be a car crash that I would pay to watch <laugh>

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah he's in New York. Too inexperienced to go straight into the Arsenal job. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a no2 though.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mate it would be like a ****ing Robin Reliant going over a cliff.

9. remembercolinlee

Funny as **** to watch.... pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeee let it happen
    <laugh>

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

**** off <grr>

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You should know better than to jinx these things mate. He'll end up at Spurs now when Pooch goes to Real.

12. remembercolinlee

<laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  13. remembercolinlee

**** OFF...<grr>

PINKIE likes this.
  14. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

I would love napolis coach !

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sarri. Been around a bit and hasn't won anything, but has a brilliant win percentage with Napoli.

16. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Allegri for me, but I cant wait until these types of threads are actually relevant - as in we are actually expecting a new manager.

For now, I dont want to get too ahead of myself because I still think Wenger wont break a contract, so we are stuck with him for 1 more year at least IMO.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Probably. Just think we need these sorts of threads to keep us sane in the meantime !

18. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Ancelotti isn't my number 1 pick but i'm picking him nevertheless, he's got a proven track record in the PL and everywhere else. We don't need any radical changes or the next big thing, we need a steady hand that can manage the changes that need happening in a post-Wenger era. He is a big enough character to do this. We have everything there, we just need to be pointed in the right direction, away from the big giant rocks at which we are heading in. He will be able to fix the issues that have been created by Wenger and introduce a more tougher and meritocratic team.

My ultimate choice would be Pep or Klopp but that isn't going to happen. My second choice would be Simeone, he really would beef us up in no time. But he lacks the experience that Carlo has in the PL. But if he can compete with the likes of Barca and Real, with the style of football he creates, he will be a success in the PL too.

Hell, i'd be happy with either Ancelotti or Simeone, but i reckon all the rest of the teams would brick it if we got Simeone. He is the real deal.

19. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Damn he has to go if he ends up 6th in the league and not winning anything. He has to have some self respect and go, but his stubborn ego might make him see out his contract. The last year will be horrible for everyone except opposing fans, who i'm sure will be pissing themselves laughing at us.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

mate you've been bandying this record for the last 3 years. Get a new one