1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mavrias

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by BackO'TheNet, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

This, with bells on it.

2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I agree & only going on what was said to me. Harry's after Whickham apparently and as for Taarbt, could never see him in a Sunderland shirt <whistle>

3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

But he's a class player, bit petulant, same s PDC was.

4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

<ok>.. Only going by what I was told, don't know where this lad gets his stuff from but he's a 'never miss a game' home & away merchant, as sound as a pound and normally comes up with good stuff..

5. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

If we don't want Marvias,

Can Argentina please f**k off about the Malvinas?

x

6. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Easier, just nuke the ****s......

Maradonna stick that up ya hoop.

7. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

SUNDERLAND have failed with a renewed bid for Greek winger Charis Mavrias after completing the sale of James McClean.

Republic of Ireland international McClean today finalised his switch to relegated Wigan for an undisclosed fee, thought to be around the £2million mark.

But Sunderland have wasted little time in trying to land a replacement, with Greek side Panathinaikos confirming they have rejected an offer of a season-long loan for Mavrias.

The Black Cats agreed a £2.5million fee for Mavrias last month, yet the deal fell through after a series of delays.

But after seeing their coffers boosted by the sale of McClean, Sunderland have looked to boost their options out wide with a loan move for the Greek international.

Cash-strapped Panathinaikos are only interested in a permanent deal though and Sunderland will have to reprise their cash offer if they want to land the 19-year-old.

Meanwhile, McClean has penned a three-year deal with Wigan after finding himself pushed down the Sunderland pecking order following the arrival of Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini.

After exploding onto the scene during Martin O&#8217;Neill&#8217;s first few months in charge at the Stadium of Light, McClean struggled to rediscover his form last season and Sunderland have opted to cash in on the 24-year-old.

McClean made 59 Premier League appearances during two seasons at Sunderland, with his former club Derry City taking a percentage of the transfer fee.

&#8220;I&#8217;m delighted it&#8217;s all been completed and I can say I&#8217;m a Wigan Athletic player,&#8221; said McClean.

&#8220;This is a fantastic club and after speaking with the manager, I can&#8217;t wait to meet the rest of the team, start training and hopefully make my debut very soon with the aim of helping us get back to the Premier League.&#8221;

8. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

£2.5m is virtually a swap for Maclean. How can this deal fail unless we or they are being twatty?

9. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

We ****ed up there.

10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

just read somewhere (and i cant bloody find it again) that the mclean deal is worth £4m??

11. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

Everyone now says it is "undisclosed", which is not particularly helpful, unless we're fiddling Derry's sell-on fee :)

12. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Sunderland fail with fresh bid for winger Mavrias after McClean joins Wigan
    Charis Mavrias.
    Charis Mavrias.
    Published on the
    08 August
    13:11
    Email thisPrint this

SUNDERLAND have failed with a renewed bid for Greek winger Charis Mavrias after completing the sale of James McClean.

Republic of Ireland international McClean today finalised his switch to relegated Wigan for an undisclosed fee, thought to be around the £2million mark.

But Sunderland have wasted little time in trying to land a replacement, with Greek side Panathinaikos confirming they have rejected an offer of a season-long loan for Mavrias.

The Black Cats agreed a £2.5million fee for Mavrias last month, yet the deal fell through after a series of delays.

But after seeing their coffers boosted by the sale of McClean, Sunderland have looked to boost their options out wide with a loan move for the Greek international.

Cash-strapped Panathinaikos are only interested in a permanent deal though and Sunderland will have to reprise their cash offer if they want to land the 19-year-old.

Meanwhile, McClean has penned a three-year deal with Wigan after finding himself pushed down the Sunderland pecking order following the arrival of Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini.

After exploding onto the scene during Martin O’Neill’s first few months in charge at the Stadium of Light, McClean struggled to rediscover his form last season and Sunderland have opted to cash in on the 24-year-old.

McClean made 59 Premier League appearances during two seasons at Sunderland, with his former club Derry City taking a percentage of the transfer fee.

“I’m delighted it’s all been completed and I can say I’m a Wigan Athletic player,” said McClean.

“This is a fantastic club and after speaking with the manager, I can’t wait to meet the rest of the team, start training and hopefully make my debut very soon with the aim of helping us get back to the Premier League.”

13. newtonlee2

newtonlee2 Member

hopefully we get this lad. looks lethal and full of pace. Will be good for when Giaccherini is knackered after 70 mins

14. Dannyaccherini

I think we know we need to spend on fullbacks and CM therefore the money is being kept for these positions before we spend money on a back-up option, hence the loan request.

15. steve30000

steve30000 Member

we already had the money to spend on him, hence an agreed deal before. we were hoping mclean went first, so we could wrap it up sooner.

16. steve30000

steve30000 Member

17. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

18. Dannyaccherini

True but this was before Giacherinni was bought so we pulled out of the deal, by requesting a loan its obvious that the club is keeping the money for important first team players, it makes total sense.

19. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

Why pay wages on a player that we don't own and won't start? I can understand the loans of Rose, Welbeck and the rest who all started but this lad? I'd rather loan a player in a position that we are desperately short in.

20. newtonlee2

newtonlee2 Member

Giaccherini is old and little washed up from what i've seen of him. We need Mavrias in the squad. He has the pace we require. Johnson and Giacher have no pace whereas DMK and Mavrias have it in abundance!