1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mavrias

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by BackO'TheNet, Jul 3, 2013.

1. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

Sunderland AFC News And Banter Page:
    @SAFCsource
    Sunderland first made an offer for Mavrias two weeks ago, €2m + €1m add-ons, that was rejected, new offer of €3m + €1m was accepted.

@SAFCsource 21s
    'The deal was completed the day before Dabizas travelled to the North East'. http://bit.ly/14qrFw2 ‎#SAFC

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Its all greek to me !.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

http://www.rokerreport.com/2013/7/3/4488248/report-greek-winger-marvias-next-in-sunderlands-sights

According to reports in Italy, the latest player to attract a Sunderland bid is Panathinaikos winger Charalampos Mavrias.

It is claimed the offer for the 19-year-old is €2m (around £1.7m), though whether or not that would be sufficient to prise away a player highly rated by the Athens club, should the interest prove genuine, remains to be seen.

Despite his tender years, Mavrias is already a full Greek international, and so it would seem unlikely that should he arrive he would be earmarked for an initial role in the developmental squad.

Pananthinaikos are also enduring some financial problems which may make them more inclined to sell one of their top assets. The situation was so poor in fact that last November they were unable to pay their electricity bill and ordered to play games during daylight hours before resolving the situation.

However, it is also noteworthy that at the start of the summer their president, whilst acknowledging the club would have to sell players, specifically named Mavrias as one who would not be allowed to leave the club.

The Italian press are more interested in us then the british press. Even non italian players who aren't based in italy are being reported by the italian press before ours. How bad are the british press.

4. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

More info on Mavrias

http://www.rokerreport.com/2013/7/3/4490436/winger-looks-set-for-sunderland-switch

Winger Looks Set For Sunderland Switch

In a very quickly developing story, it appears that Sunderland are close to sealing a deal for a highly-rated winger.

Sunderland appear to be close to sealing the signature of Charis Mavrias, with reports in Greece suggesting Panathinaikos have accepted the Black Cats' offer the player, believed to have been upped to €3m with a possible further €1m of add-ons.

It has emerged that Sunderland actually contacted the Greek club two weeks ago, and so the deal is actually at a deceptively advanced stage considering how fresh a story it is.

In fact, it is understood that Mavrias was due to travel to England on Thursday with a view to tie-up the switch.

The player himself - a pacey, direct, penetrative winger - is also said to be keen on a move to Wearside and excited about playing in the Premier League next season.

The capture of Mavrias would certainly represent a coup for Sunderland. The youngster has previously been linked with Inter and Juventus, amongst others, and was playing Champions League football at the age of just 16.

5. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

this looks to be a really exciting signing. i would love to see him given a crack at the first team and not the development squad. if your good enough your old enough

6. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

This !

7. FTM1973

FTM1973 Active Member

He's already a full international mate - cant see him being put in with the kids can you?

8. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I confess I knew nothing about this lad before we were linked... but everything I've read, heard, and seen since looks good to me... Found this on youtube, it's all taken from one game against Olympiacos

[video=youtube;GvY2OAzQxto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvY2OAzQxto[/video]

Fast as fook and quite skilful, good technique for the goal too. Only potential problem is he looks a bit lightweight at times, he's only young though.

9. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Thought their would be a few bargains from Greece with the financial situation. National squad seems to do well. Only really heard of Sampras.

10. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I have a Greek friend from Thessaloniki and a fanatical PAOK fan and he has txt me to say that the lad is young (19) and pretty raw. Fast as furk but very hitty missy in form and he thinks we are paying way too much at 3m Euros and also 1m Euro add on fee?

Think he will be one for the 2nd string for this season rather than straight into the first team?

11. BishopSAFC

BishopSAFC Active Member

Looks a bit lightweight,well so does lennon at spurs,colback,larsson,messi,kagawa, sess, need i go on.
    If he has the skill and technique thats good enough for me

12. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

How are we getting all of these lads linked to major players!!!

Unbelievable.

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

That video is very impressive, especially considering this is from one game v the champions.

Looks a very decent prospect indeed.

14. Apone

Apone Active Member

Agreed fee according to the chronicle

15. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

this seems a no brainer for me with the prices being banded about. what could we get for 2 mill if we were buying a british player

16. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Aye, looks like a goer this, good crack!

17. Redandwhiteoxford

I'm loving this - by the close of the window I'm sure there'll be about 20 new players in at the club. I also think that if you are good enough you'll be old enough. If players are up to the standard the will play, if not they will be sold.

This is a great business model. Very exciting time at SAFC me thenks.

18. C19RK73

@SAFCsource
    Stefanos Kapino, a team-mate of Mavrias, on his move to Sunderland. http://bit.ly/12L7k04 #SAFC

@SAFCsource
    Kapino: We are together every day but it pleases me, and worries me because I'm losing a brother, we have been together for seven years.

@SAFCsource
    Kapino: Together we were at Panathinaikos the biggest part of our lives. definitely upset about him leaving, but I'm sure we can manage.

@SAFCsource
    Kapino: He's a very big signing and I think he will go on to do big things.

Καπίνο: Θα φτιαχτεί κάτι πολύ ωραίο…
    Απόλυτη εμπιστοσύνη στο νέο τεχνικό τιμ και τη δουλειά που γίνεται δήλωσε ο Στέφανος Καπίνο εκφράζοντας την αισιοδοξία του για το νέο Παναθηναϊκό.
    contra.gr

19. C19RK73

Just now ·
    @SAFCsource
    Panathinaikos expected his value to rise to €7m after the u20 World Cup but due to injury had to settle for €3m rising to €4m from #SAFC

20. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Talking to a panthk fan yesterday he says our black centre half is part of the deal