1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Make Me Understand (Ox)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Aug 30, 2017.

1. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Ox also has a lot of experience at a big club and CL exposure.

Playing for Liverpool wont be difficult.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

i agree. he is actually stepping into a better atmosphere and a smaller set up where he will be appreciated more. he will IMO be able to start performing reasonably well immediately as he is fit enough to do so but will take a couple months to settle into the defensive and offensive patterns. that is only natural.

Where exactly is going to be interesting. I think klopp will rotate the midfield a lot this year. ox, milner, can, coutinho, wijnaldum.. lallana ater a few months all for 2 slots.. can and henderson for no 6. Theres lots of games coming and situations where each of them have to stake a claim.

Good to have pressure on to perform. I can deffo see him come on at minimum ocvering the front two so if he finds himself benched looking at can and coutinho say in CM he will get 20mins there or 20 mins up top for salah or mane.

Deffo will get into it within 2 months.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  4. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

I know it's England, but He looked uninspiring this evening.

5. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Thing is to me our "central midfielders" aren't traditional CMs in the form of Alonso, Modric etc. they are required to have the energy to press, support the attack and also the energy to come back the other way. I don't think the ability to control the game is absolutely necessary for Klopp in the 2 box to box CM roles. He has shown at Arsenal he has the physical ability to do that so I think with a bit of coaching he could be a good addition to the team.

ademuzzy likes this.
  6. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I really think he will suit our style under Klopp. Much more aggressive and pacey football than that being played at Arsenal.
    He will directly rival Lallana for a starting spot, of which he isn't fit at the moment, so a good option for our very limited midfield.