1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Nov 24, 2023.

1. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Completely agree not been too impressed with Carvallo and to a lesser extent Zahoury.. And at the moment Carvallo does not deserve to keep Tufan out of the team.

As an aside I see that Twine was on the bench today and did not feature for Bristol. Telling?

2. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

He's coming back from injury

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It would be odd, which is why my instinct is that there has to be a bit more to it. Why does he "not like" these players? Some random prejudice or is it their attitude or something they do? And like you say, why is he at the club if he's that bad? Have to suspect there's two sides to this story.

Amin Yapusi likes this.
  4. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Fabio's scored 4 in 11 hasn't he?

Twine is returning from injury.

WSTiger and PLT like this.
  5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Carvalho now has four goals. Tufan, apart from tapping in with his hand the other night, hasn't scored since December and still has only ever assisted one goal for us. Until the last couple of games he'd been on a long spell of starting every game as part of our attack but hasn't made a meaningful contribution in attack in months. Goals and assists aren't everything, but Carvalho and Ömür also offer real quality on the ball and work very hard. I don't know by what possible measure it could be argued that they don't deserve to be keeping him out of the team.

6. Kalman

Kalman Guest

If parents, ex-academy players and academy staff are saying it, there’s probably some truth in it. You don’t have to be the devil’s advocate for every topic you’re uninformed on.

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If you think it's a new thing or unique to us that released academy players and their families would have complaints about the people who released them then I think that's pretty naive.

You're right I am uninformed, so I'm not saying what has or hasn't happened, but I think it's clear that we're hearing one very emotive side of a story and it's pretty likely that the other side would give a different view on it.

Mckechnie Orange and Amin Yapusi like this.
  8. WSTiger

It’s all up for debate of course and you make some compelling arguments however 1. I wonder how their minutes compare since Carvallo made his first start 2. Tufans pressing has been exceptional when he played lately as has been his work rate 3. I also wonder how their Motm on this forum points compare. 4. Tufan has the ability to unlock defenses with his first time passing ability. Not seem that from Carvallo yet. It would be great if you or someone could fill in the blanks on item 1 and 3. Regardless LR thinks he is better than Tufan and that’s all that matters after all.
    By the way I am a big fan of Omur as well.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Might not be the full truth of it. Maybe 'has to play' was part of the loan arrangement.

mauled1904 likes this.
  10. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

When was the last time he did that?

PLT, NewcastleTiger and WSTiger like this.

11. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

12. Mckechnie Orange

Has to play, or else what? He sulks? What else they going to do? How is something like that even enforcible? Wouldn't a recall clause be counter productive anyway when he can't play for anyone else this season?

Besides the club have flatly denied anyone would be signed on that basis. Some need to stop listening to Leeds fans making excuses up for him choosing to come here - where let's face it, there is less competition for starting places in his position(s) than there - and that's why he's here and starting. That and his existing relationships with Seri and Morton. Not some imaginary loan clause.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  13. WSTiger

Of course its a very diifficult ? to answer since i have neither the time or the videos to find that out. Last time he played cant remember what game think it was the game he was taken off and many on here commented they were surprised since they felt he was one of the better players; I did remark I think on the MOTM board that he Tufan that is was not on form with that aspect of his game and although he tried a couple he failed to comlete the pass.

14. Mckechnie Orange

His work rate off the ball and pressing has improved no end, and we lost intensity when he came off against Birmingham. But on the flip side of that, he's probably a little less free to find space as a result, so the technical aspect of his game has perhaps diminished slightly as its difficult to do both.

I don't really see why it's a question of Tufan or Carvalho. The front 4 can quite feasibly be jigged to accommodate any combinatiion of them. Could drop Zaroury, move Jaden left, Abdus right and have Tufan false 9 with Fabio in behind, could move Fabio left etc... if we saw fit to.

15. WSTiger

Agreed we have an abundant of talent in that area so it makes you wonder why we got Fabio regardelss of playing abilities I am sure that most on here would have prefered a talented striker type. Hard to get of course

16. Mckechnie Orange

It's always going to come down to what you can do within budget. Reliable, proven strikers notoriously are hard to come by and expensive if you can get one. What was Piroe to Leeds? 14m ? Then look at what we've spent in fees entirely in 2 years under the current ownership.

Tells a story.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    springtiger likes this.
  17. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

ON another transfer matter.....anyone know what's going on with Harry Vaughan? Just looked and seen he's made one 10 mins appearance in the month since he left on loan, he been injured or just not up to it?

18. Bunny

Bunny Well-Known Member

He’s too lightweight for that league....... oh, and he’s not very good. Can’t see him playing for us again

Evington and NewcastleTiger like this.
  19. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

He’s just not that good.

Evington and Howdentiger2 like this.
  20. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

There's been rumblings mentioned on here several times in the past 12 months or so, all directed towards Sellars. No smoke without fire it would appear?