1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Cover for Smallwood?

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Now THIS would be a bonkers move, he's 36 but still tearing it up and would be a legitimately great player. Supposedly want to sign him in the summer if not January and have agreed terms..

So many rumours though hard to know what to believe.

3. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Translation
    Acun Ilıcalı went after Burak Yılmaz!
    please log in to view this image
    Although the parties have agreed on financial terms, Burak Yılmaz does not want to leave Lille without playing #UCL
    the last 16 rounds!
    Even if it is not at halftime, it is considered that the transfer will take place in the summer!

**** knows what happened there, I only copied and pasted the text.

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

There's actually a lot of sense to all the strikers we've been linked with. You could spend £20m+ on Brereton who's had a good 6 month spell in his entire career or take someone older who's done it at a higher standard abroad for a fraction of the cost. Any of Yilmaz, Mbaye, or Muriqi would be outstanding at this level.

george dawes likes this.
  5. SydneyTiger14

At this rate we need to get a proper RB/RWB and LB/LWB as well as a striker and a creative midfielder. And then probably a back up, experienced, CB. So five signings all up in, maybe 2-3 out.

6. SydneyTiger14

Mentioned on the other one, but I think we may need 5 signings (min.) to be satisfied with the window. A new full back on each side (as the ones we have never seem to be fit), a creative midfielder (as the ones we signed in the summer are either not good enough or always injured), a back up CB (as we're one injury away from needing to revert to a 4-3-3, and even then would mean having no depth on the bench), and a striker.

I don't think all five need to be 10m+ superstar signings, they just need to be adequate Championship players who can help us secure mid-table/safety.

7. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

We definitely need a proper quality CB to replace Bernard, that has to be an absolute priority along with a couple of attackers. Depending on who's available, full-backs can wait until the summer, Lewie shouldn't be too far away now, but I wouldn't say no to another out and out wingback so we can protect Longman. From the youtube bits, I saw, that Reynolds seemed ideal as he's a converted winger. We also need a defensive midfielder too, we have to step it up from Smallwood, we need more mobility and someone better on the ball

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% likes this.
  8. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I say we take the option to sign Bernard and sign an experienced one also. Even with Jones back we'd still have only 5 first team centre halves for potentially 3 starting places.

I also say we keep Smallwood but we do need cover.

The guy rumoured to be signed can play defensive or attacking midfield and left back also, so this kind of player makes a lot of sense.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It's nice to be linked to some more exciting-looking players again, though he needs to be mindful of integrating players that are not going to upset the dressing room. That is the danger for me!

dennisboothstash, PLT and Idi Amin like this.
  10. SydneyTiger14

I'm not quite sure I understand your intense dislike of Bernard when he is one of our better players and if we had the option to sign him permanently, would blossom into a fantastic player for us. Under the guidance of an experienced CB our entire defence has the prospect to become rather exciting - McLaughlin, Greaves and Bernard are all fantastic prospects.

springtiger likes this.

11. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Not sure why people are mentioning “cover” for Smallwood, if we want to progress we need to replace Smallwood.

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Can't top that.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

14. SydneyTiger14

Think Brugge will get him as they've gone for a loan to buy deal we just want a loan.

15. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

As much as it nice to have positive transfer rumours, it’s 4th Jan & I’m already bored of been linked to every ****ing Turk who has ever kicked a ball.
    It’s got to be 99.9% bullshit.
    Prepare for reality guys, don’t believe the hype!

16. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Where we are one to two marquee signings are far far from what we need... We need to take a proper look at what we have with a view to getting to where HE wants us to be..

17. SydneyTiger14

I dunno how Muriqi, Reynolds or Arveladze would feel about being called Turks!

Think we've only been linked to two?

18. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I think we need quality additions in January each of the following positions:
    RB/RWB
    LB/LWB
    CB
    CM
    Striker (who knows where the onion bag is)

And then significant further strengthening in summer if he's serious about a promotion campaign. Compare our current squad to the quality we had in our last 2 promotions (the 1st of the 3 was destiny rather than depth of quality!); we are light years away.

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Shark Sports maybe goes on about it a lot but Bernard really is overrated. He's comfortably the worst of the 3 that currently start, but he's the most celebrated of them, which I think is pretty sad since the other, better two are actually our players and one of them is Hull-born.

20. SydneyTiger14

Is he? I would say Greaves is easily the most celebrated, and recently McLaughlin has come in for a lot of praise. I don't think being the worst of that three is much of a slight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.